Chapter 7

Expressions of Cooking/Interest

It was about 11:30pm when Taekwoon felt Kihyun’s head resting on his shoulder. He turned to his left and Kihyun’s soft, pink hairs tickled his nose when he breathed in the smell of his strawberry shampoo. He could feel the heat rising once again to his cheeks but an unconscious smile spread across his face as Kihyun snuggled closer in his sleep, wrapping his arms around Taekwoon’s left one. He shut his laptop and slid it aside for the moment, catching sight of Wonshik lightly snoring away on Hakyeon’s bed with said owner, curled around him.

 

Turning back to Kihyun, he tried to support his head with one hand while wrapping his other arm around his torso to lay him on the bed. Satisfied that he wasn’t about to roll off the side, Taekwoon quickly put away his laptop and all the other pens and papers that littered his bed from before. Then, with one hand under Kihyun’s back and the other under his knees, he moved him into a more comfortable position. 

 

He then quickly went to the bathroom to brush his teeth and change into his PJs, contemplating wether he should sleep in Kihyun’s bed or just sleep here with him instead. Eventually, he decided that he was too lazy to walk up more flights of stairs and that Kihyun probably wouldn’t mind sleeping together and went back to his bed, sliding under the covers next to a peacefully sleeping Kihyun and tried to sleep.

 

After some time, Taekwoon felt Kihyun turn over so that he was facing Taekwoon and his arms were clutching Taekwoon’s again while his head snuggled onto his shoulder. This was distracting Taekwoon so much as everytime Kihyun breathed, it tickled his ear and his arm was awkwardly placed along the middle of Kihyun. Then, he didn’t know what kind of a dream Kihyun was having but his hand slid down Taekwoon’s arm and curled around his fingers in a loose hold that Taekwoon could have chosen to tighted if he had been thinking straight in the first place. 

 

Honestly though, at that point, all Taekwoon could think about was Kihyun. About how much he had missed him during this exam period. About how he had been, if his exams went well, if he still had any left. About how excited he was to finally get back into the café routine and getting to spend the whole day with the pink haired male. About how warm he was feeling, not really sure if it was the combined body heat or something else entirely. 

 

Soon, Taekwoon was falling asleep with a content smile on his face with the shorter next to him. 

 

 

The next morning they woke to a scream. 

More of a, “EEEEEEEE!!! OH MY GOSH WHY ARE YOU TWO NOT A COUPLE YET!!!” And more screaming along those lines.

 

Taekwoon groaned, knowing it could only be his ajumma roommate. He blinked a few times and squinted then felt something move beside him. Then his vision was filled with pink and Kihyun’s face came into view. They blinked at each other for a few seconds as if wordlessly deciding whether it was worth getting out of bed just to shut him up or not.

In the end, Taekwoon just glared at Hakyeon while Kihyun threw something over to Wonshik in attempts to wake him up and get him to shut Hakyeon up.

With neither attempts seeming to work, they just turned back to each other then Taekwoon flipped over onto his stomach with Kihyun still snuggled to his side and pulled the blanket over their heads.

 

Under the blanket, Kihyun nudged Taekwoon asking, “How do you put up with this? He never used to be this bad before.”

“Simple. I don’t. If you leave him alone long enough he’ll get tired and stop eventually. Also don’t you have an exam today?” 

“Yeah I do but it’s at 4:30pm.”

“Don’t you need to study or anything? Last minute cramming?”

“I should… But I don’t want to leave… I’ve missed you too hyung.” And then he finally realised how Jooheon and Minhyuk must have felt. 

 

Kihyun had his little freak out earlier this morning when he woke up and realised that his pillow had become warm and smooth and quite large. But when he breathed in, it reminded him of a certain tall, dark haired male that he had just dreamed of. It was so realistic, he didn’t want the dream to end. Snuggling closer to his pillow, he went back to his dream. One of him and Taekwoon holding hands and running around a park together, then sharing a cup of iced coffee. Mmmm. Iced coffee. He made a little mental note to ask Taekwoon to make him one of those next Sunday.

 

The third time Kihyun woke up that morning was to a cold, empty bed with a pout on his face as Taekwoon gently shook him.

 

“-hyun-ah. Kihyun-ah. It’s 11:30 I think you should have some lunch before you go study for your exam.” Another shake. “Kihyunnie? Wake up.” 

Slightly swatting the air above him, Kihyun rolled around and muttered, “Two more minutes. Let me sleep.” But he still had his eyes closed so he couldn’t see when Taekwoon’s face split into that soft smile looking at the kid rolling in his bed. 

 

Feeling cheeky, Taekwoon grabbed the blanket and pulled it off the bed in one go. “No more hiding under there Kihyunnie. Up up up.” 

Then there was a tug on his hand and Taekwoon fell onto the bed on top of Kihyun and he felt arms wrap around him.

“Shhhh hyung, you’re too noisy.”

Taekwoon chuckled. “You’re calling me noisy?” 

 

Kihyun smiled slightly and thought he wasn’t going to say anything else as there was a long pause. But he should have known better after feeling Taekwoon’s strong arms wrap around him, he felt himself being rolled over Taekwoon and off the side of the bed. Kihyun squealed something about it being cold.

 

At least Taekwoon was kind enough not to drop him. 

Well, sort of. 

There was still a screech when Kihyun’s legs touched the cold timber floor. And there may have been another flail of arms in Taekwoon’s general direction. But then Kihyun’s stomach growled and they were both reduced to laughter and got up to get ready for the day. 

 

It was 12:30pm. They had spent almost 24 hours straight with each other. But oh well, neither regretted anything as they left Taekwoon’s room to head up to Kihyun’s because Taekwoon didn’t trust that he wouldn’t just fall asleep on his way up.


A/N: Here you go my lovely readers! 

Also I have a question, I don't know which pairing to include next so please comment your preferences:
A) WonKyun [WonHo and Changkyun (I.M)]
B) HyungWonHo [Hyungwon and Wonho]

Thanks everyone! I hope you've enjoyed this story so far <33