Chapter 9

Expressions of Cooking/Interest

“Will you be my boyfriend?” 

 

Taekwoon’s mind went into overdrive when he heard that. At first he thought he heard wrong and had to pull back to stare at Kihyun for a while.

 

When Kihyun looked back at him, he could see the anticipation in his eyes. Taekwoon’s heart swelled at the sight of Kihyun nervously waiting for his answer. The slight raise of eyebrows, the faint blush covering his cheeks and that cute little lip bite that he probably didn’t even notice he was doing. 

 

Taekwoon pulled him closer by his waist and whispered in his ear, “Of course Kihyun-ah. I have liked you since that first Sunday café, though I can’t say I realised it back then but now I’m certain of it. So, Yoo Kihyun, I will be your boyfriend only if you will be mine in return.”

 

Kihyun couldn’t believe what he was hearing! Taekwoon, shy, adorable, was all his. He never felt happier in his entire life and so he placed his hands on Taekwoon’s squishy cheeks and brought their lips together again, as if confirming their relationship, sealing a promise. 

 

It wasn’t anything more than a gentle lip lock, but both felt certain that neither wanted it to end anytime soon. However reality was being a bum and called for them to break apart for oxygen.

 

With equally blinding smiles, they decided it was time for them to head to bed and since Taekwoon couldn’t go to his room, he had no choice but to follow Kihyun and try to not stumble up the stairs as neither wanted to let go but both wanting to get to the third floor as fast as possible.

 

Knowing it was the holidays and having nothing planned for most of it, they took things slow and laid together on Kihyun’s bed after cleaning themselves up and changing into their PJ’s (Taekwoon and Kihyun both had a set in each others rooms for emergency cases). 

 

Taekwoon was relishing the fact that Kihyun was actually his, and that the shorter was laying in his arms with his head on his chest probably feeling every single pump of his overdriven heart. He wrapped his arms around Kihyun to pull him closer but felt Kihyun’s body go stiff.

 

Worried, he asked, “Kihyun-ah, what’s wrong?”

Kihyun shifted so he was on his stomach leaning up to look at Taekwoon, “Nothing hyung it’s just… every time you’ve put your arms around me that quickly, I’ve always been tortured. Be it tickled or lifted or spun around. Not that I don’t like when you do stuff like that it’s just… you always surprise me.” He pouted. 

Taekwoon laughed a vibrant laugh, kissing that pout away saying, “Aw, well, I sincerly apologise for your discomfort but,” he quickly flipped their positions so that he was on top, trapping Kihyun underneath him as his pink haired boyfriend gasped and flushed red as he thought about their position but Taekwoon didn’t let him ponder too much. Taekwoon pressed a quick peck to Kihyun’s lips as his hands flew to Kihyun’s sides and started tickling him. 

 

Kihyun laughed and squirmed trying to fight back but Taekwoon was too strong and had his hands pinned under one of his and his legs were stuck under Taekwoon’s.

 

They continued this way until Taekwoon saw that Kihyun’s face was very flushed, as if he had just ran a marathon, and he lightened up his tickles and letting go of Kihyun’s hands, he then rested his elbows on either side of his head and simply watched Kihyun take deep breaths as the colour from his cheeks faded back to his pale skin colour. All the while Kihyun was staring straight into Taekwoon’s eyes and was losing himself in the depths of his dark brown eyes. 

 

When Kihyun had regained enough consciousness to talk, he said, “Hyung, you’re mean.” He also tried to pout but was too happy that he ended up smiling instead. Taekwoon just smiled and leaned in to kiss him. Kihyun’s hands found their way up into Taekwoon’s hair as Taekwoon’s tongue brushed his bottom lip. He opened his lips slightly and Taekwoon’s tongue languidly into his mouth, as if he were made out of glass and the sudden change in pace made Kihyun’s heart race. 

 

Just as Kihyun was about to deepen the kiss, Taekwoon pulled back and laid his head on Kihyun’s chest telling him that it was late and they should get to sleep soon. Kihyun was too busy pouting at the loss to see the smile, that may have become permanant, etched onto Taekwoon’s face.

“You’re a big meanie hyung.” he said as he wrapped his arms around Taekwoon and realised he was actually worn out and welcoming the idea of sleep. 

Taekwoon shifted so that he was the one cuddling Kihyun and after a while, he heard soft snores and his smile stretched just a bit wider. 

 

That night he fell asleep to the sound of Kihyun’s breathing and his sweet smell that was just Kihyun and the green numbers on the clock saying 3:24am. 

Oh well, at least it was the holidays.


A/N: And this will be the final chapter my lovely readers!!!

Sorry for the wait <3 I'm thinking of adding an epilogue of when they go to the theme park so let me know if you would read that! 

Thank you for sticking with me this far <33