Chapter 8

Expressions of Cooking/Interest

On the first day of the holidays, Taekwoon was in the kitchen making waffles for himself, Hakyeon and Jooheon when Kihyun drifted in and stole one off the stack.

“Yah! I thought you said you weren’t having any?”

“It’s not for me. It’s for Hyunwoo hyung. He smelt them and I told him it was you.” Kihyun stated proudly.

“Hyunwoo? That new guy on the fourth floor? What are you doing with him?” Taekwoon’s eyebrows raised in curiosity. 

“Well, he’s in my music class and the coordinator person asked me to make him feel welcome. So we’re going on a tour of the campus since he only arrived three days ago.”

“What! Why didn't I get a tour?” Taekwoon pouted, lifting the last of the waffles off the waffle iron. 

“That, you would have to ask Hakyeon hyung. He was the one who showed you around wasn’t he?” Kihyun chuckled and ruffled his hair. “I have to get back to the living room or else he might think we’re making out or something!” Kihyun joked and ran away leaving Taekwoon standing, staring at the doorway.

“But I wouldn’t mind that…” he said into thin air.

 

Taekwoon couldn’t stop thinking about what Kihyun said throughout the whole day, even if he only meant it as a joke. It was only now that all the things he and Kihyun had done together, all the different emotions he felt, were all linked together to form the conclusion that he had feelings for Kihyun, that he liked Kihyun. Maybe even a little bit more than like. He wanted to spend all his time with him making special memories together.

 

And so it was around 7:30 at night when they were all seated in the living room around a board game that Kihyun and Hyunwoo came to join them. Kihyun automatically took the spot next to Taekwoon, sitting a little closer than necessary but, who was complaining, and Hyunwoo sat in between Kihyun and Hakyeon.

 

“Hey, I didn’t know you lived in this dorm too!” Hakyeon cheerfully greeted. “Guys this is Hyunwoo, he’s a bit shy like Taekwoonie but he’s an absolute machine when it comes to dancing. Hyunwoo-ah this is cutie pie here is Wonshikkie,” he gestured to his boyfriend who was draped across his lap. “Those two over there are Jooheon and Minhyuk. Be warned though, if you thought I was bad, those two are even more beagle-like than me.” The said pair were currently playing with the little figurines from the game set but looked up when they heard their names and realised there was a new person in their group. Excited, they ran over to Hyunwoo, jumping over the board on the floor, to properly introduce themselves. 

“Hi there! I’m Minhyuk, and this is Jooheonie! I’m an Arts major and he’s a music major. What’s yours hyung? You’re our hyung right? Which floor do you live on?” They bombarded him with questions and hyperness until Kihyun told them off saying that they were scaring him and that yes he was indeed their hyung, so they should respect him. 

 

Then Changkyun came over and said, “Hyung, I’m so glad you’re here, I was seventh wheeling so badly because Hongbin hyung ditched me for his family.” He pulled a face when Kihyun and Taekwoon not so subtly reminded him they were just friends. “I’m Changkyun by the way, I’m a music major like Jooheon and Taekwoon hyung.” Hyunwoo looked around and found that there were basically three couples and that Changkyun must have felt so lonely.

 

Lastly, Taekwoon was introduced and Hyunwoo had to complement him as the waffle he had this morning was amazing, the best he’s ever had. At the complement though, Taekwoon’s face flushed bright red and muttered a quiet, “Thanks,” and hid behind Kihyun, wrapping his arms around him and burying his head into the crook of his neck.

 

Kihyun laughed vibrantly and patted the arm around him in comfort, relishing the warmth that Taekwoon radiated, never wanting him to let go.

 

After the introductions, the game got under way and soon enough, Hyunwoo had blended in with their group as if he had always been there. 

 

Taekwoon had calmed down but still kept his arms around Kihyun as it was quite a comfortable position. Also due to the fact that he didn’t want to let go in the first place.

 

Towards the end of the game, someone suggested that they should all go to the theme park near by and spend the day together. Everyone agreed immediately as none had been in years. And so ideas were discussed and things were planned. They had even texted Hongbin to see if he wanted to join them. With Hongbin’s, “Of course I’m going with you guys why would I willingly miss out on a day at the Theme park?" and an, "I’ll be back at the uni on Sunday night so we can go on Monday or Tuesday if you guys wanted?” some plans had to change and they had to work out food arrangements.

 

Eventually, everything was sorted and Taekwoon had asked if he could invite his friends Jaehwan and Sanghyuk as they hadn’t seen each other in about eight months. Also that Jaehwan might get mad if he found out Taekwoon went to the theme park without inviting him. 

 

And so with Jaehwan and Sanghyuk invited, the group decided to call it a night, as it was getting late, and discuss final plans closer to the date and when Hongbin was readily available to talk to.

 

As everyone packed up and headed up to their respective rooms, Taekwoon and Kihyun were left sitting on the couch as Hakyeon had told him that he and Wonshik would be in their room (not doing anything! Just spending time together) and Taekwoon didn’t want to see their sweet actions again. Kihyun however didn’t have a problem with going to his room as Minhyuk went to Jooheon’s room as usual. It’s just that Taekwoon had held on to his arm saying, “You spent the whole day with Hyunwoo, so I get this time with you now.” Cuddling Kihyun who grinned when he realised that Taekwoon was jealous and that Taekwoon himself probably didn’t even realise it. He didn’t tease Taekwoon because, if he was being honest, subtly jealous Taekwoon was kind of cuter than flustered and embarrassed Taekwoon. At least then Kihyun wouldn’t be subjected to ‘punishments’.

 

Half an hour later, and Kihyun was sitting on Taekwoon’s lap with Taekwoon’s arms around his waist and his arms around Taekwoon’s neck, leaning on him. They were just chatting casually about their day and about random things and some how, they got to the topic of couples and their sweet PDA. Talking about how Hakyeon and Wonshik were really out there with their making out and overall cuddliness whereas Jooheon and Minhyuk were more like little kids who were best friends and did everything together but sometimes had their mature moments outside of their bickering.

 

“Hyung, but what are we? Like, if I think back on it now, we’ve done most of those things that we just listed off, and yet before when Hyunwoo was introduced, we said we weren’t a couple. I mean, I’m totally fine with continuing the way we are now, it’s just, I get really confused nowadays when they tease us. I don’t know how to feel or respond nowadays because I’ve come to terms with the fact that I like you hyung, but most of all, I don’t know how you feel about all this.” Kihyun sighed, too shy to look at Taekwoon, afraid he might just push him away now and whatever they had would be lost forever. 

 

Taekwoon was stunned silent, only because he hadn’t realised that what they were doing this whole time was exactly what couples did, minus the kissing and stuff. They went on play-dates, they made food for each other, they cuddled together, they slept in each other’s beds from time to time (only sleeping!) and they did bicker when they were teasing each other. This realisation came as a shock to Taekwoon, then he thought about what it would be like to date Kihyun and to his surprise, he couldn’t think of any negatives. What he also failed to notice, was that he hadn’t said anything in a whole five minutes since Kihyun brought up this topic.

 

Kihyun took his silence as a negative response and sighed once again saying, “I’m sorry hyung, I shouldn’t ha-“ 

But he didn’t get to finish that sentence as he felt something on his lips. It made his stomach flip and every inch of his body tensed up as he held his breath. Taekwoon had kissed him then and there and he felt like an idiot because he was so caught up in the feel of Taekwoon being that close to him, that he didn’t respond and so Taekwoon pulled away and looked down, mumbling, “Sorry, I’ve always wanted to try that.” 

 

It was a shame Taekwoon had his head down as he did not see the blinding smile that stretched across Kihyun’s face, making his eyes disappear.

What he did feel was a sudden loss of breath as Kihyun had flung his arms around him and squeezed him so tightly he couldn’t breathe. 

 

Then he whispered into Taekwoon’s ear, “Will you be my boyfriend?”


A/N: Eeeeee! I shall be Hakyeon for a sec >.<

Anyways thanks for reading!! Also please answer my question on the previous chapter otherwise I just might not include WonHo and HyungWon because I don't really know how to fit them in at this stage :(

All comments are welcome and a BIG THANK YOU TO ALL MY SUBSCRIBERS!!!! <3<3<3