Chapter 5

Expressions of Cooking/Interest

That Sunday morning, Taekwoon pulled out his phone to search for some music as he was bored and Kihyun wasn’t there yet as it was still quite early in the morning. He was feeling confident about his song, having finished recording it yesterday, so he listened to it while setting everything up, just to make sure it was perfect. 

 

Feeling more than satisfied with his song, he decided to bake something while he was in a good mood. Not often did he get to do that. In the pantry, he found some walnuts, flour and sugar. In the fridge he pulled out some eggs and butter. Soon, with his music blasting in his ears, he had the Kitchen Aid going and the oven preheated and was so absorbed into his cooking that he didn’t realise when Kihyun came down, made himself a coffee and sat at the counter watching him. 

 

After combining everything in the large bowl, he spooned the mixture into well oiled pans, cleaning the edges when he dribbled some mixture. He turned to place the trays in the oven but suddenly caught a glimpse of a figure watching him in the reflection of the oven door. He gasped and jumped, almost dropping the tray in the process. Carefully placing the tray in the oven, he whipped back around to see Kihyun laughing so much he almost fell off the stool. Taekwoon could feel his cheeks heating up but he wasn’t sure if it was due to the embarrassment or the sound of Kihyun’s pleasant laughter filtering into his ears. Or maybe it was both. 

 

Trying to hide his blush with a glare, Taekwoon slid his headphones to his neck and walked to the counter to give Kihyun a neck-chop. 

“Sorry hyung, but you’re just so cute,” he said after he had finally calmed down. “I’ve been sitting here for the past 20 minutes, how could you not notice?” Then he started cackling again, thinking about how cute Taekwoon looked when he was so concentrated on his cooking and even the cute little peek of his tongue when he was preparing the trays. Oh and not to mention his adorable little squeal when he saw Kihyun in the reflection.

Feeling a little bad for Taekwoon, he walked around to Taekwoon and gave him a hug hoping he would take it as a silent apology. Kihyun should have known something was up when Taekwoon immediately wrapped his arms around him but it was too late as Taekwoon decided to ‘punish’ him for making him embarrassed then laughing at him. 

 

Taekwoon plunged his long fingers into Kihyun’s sides and started wiggling them about making him burst out laughing again and squirming in hopes of getting out of Taekwoon’s firm hold. Trying, but failing, at wiggling his way out of Taekwoon’s arms, Kihyun was reduced to a laughing/struggling mess while Taekwoon had a satisfied smirk on his face.

 

And this was how Hakyeon and Wonshik found them. They had just gotten out of bed (they weren’t doing anything other than sleeping!) and had gone down to the kitchen in search of some coffee. Expecting to find a line of early risers, what they found instead had them almost cooing and jumping excitedly, finally seeing their dorm OTP making some progress. They hid behind the entryway peeking into the kitchen to watch what was happening and fanboy over them. 

 

With Kihyun’s legs almost giving out under him from all the tickling and the laughing and mainly from the mere thought that he was in the arms of the taller, he was glad Taekwoon had a firm hold on him as he ended up fully leaning into him when they did give way. Taekwoon had stopped his administrations and felt surprisingly content at the thought of just standing there with Kihyun in his arms. The way, his head fit exactly into the crook of Taekwoon’s neck and the way his hands fit perfectly around his waist had his heart beating so hard he was sure Kihyun could feel it too. He was just glad Kihyun’s head was resting on his shoulder facing away from him so that he couldn’t see when Taekwoon’s face flushed a colour even brighter than before. He wasn’t ready for another round of teasing and by the way Kihyun was sagged against him, he didn’t think Kihyun was up for it either. 

 

Watching their little tickle fight end and then just hugging in the middle of the kitchen, Hakyeon couldn’t take it anymore and ran into the kitchen yelling, “OH MY GOD YOU TWO ARE EVEN CUTER THAN A BUNCH OF PUPPIES TRYING TO WALK ON ICE!!!” And of course, his yelling shocked the said two out of their little bubble and they jumped apart, as if a spark of electricity had ran between them. Wonshik then came in and neck-chopped him saying, “Great, now you’ve just ruined their moment. We’re probably never going to be blessed with this sight ever again thanks to you.” rolling his eyes at his pouting boyfriend.

 

All four of them jumped yet again when the timer on the oven went off signalling the end of the cooking process of the coffee and walnut friands Taekwoon had made prior to this.

 

Taekwoon was just embarrassed at himself for getting carried away with Kihyun (though he wouldn’t mind if they never stopped, not that he would admit to any of this) and was thankful for the excuse of tending to his cooking so he wouldn’t have to face his friends while in this state of mind. He placed the trays on the bench and turned off the oven then stood slightly behind Kihyun as he was still embarrassed at being caught.

Meanwhile, Kihyun was getting ready to pull out and excuse when he thought of something. 

“What are you two doing up at,” he leant backwards to check the clock in the other room, coincidentally leaning back into Taekwoon, “7:30 on a Sunday morning? Shouldn’t you guys be cuddling in bed trying to convince each other not to leave the bed? Or do you only do that when I’m around?” He questioned, narrowing his eyes at the two boys but Taekwoon was too busy trying to calm his mind, when the pink haired male had stepped back, to pay attention to their conversation. 

 

“Whoops. You caught us.” Wonshik said straight faced with his hands in the air and this time it was Hakyeon’s turn to neck-chop him. 

“Is that really true Wonshikkie?? You only cuddle with me to make Kihyunie jealous?” he looked at Wonshik and the blue haired male could see the tears welling up in his eyes immediately felt bad for joking so seriously. 

“No no no. Of course not hyung! I was just joking. Of course I would have loved to cuddle with you all day if you hadn’t dragged me out saying you wanted to be first in line.” He engulfed the almost sobbing Hakyeon, his hair while whispering comforting words and apologies. 

 

Taekwoon finally broke out of his daze after hearing Wonshik saying something about being first in line and remembering that it was a Sunday so they had the café opening soon. Quietly tugging on Kihyun’s sleeve to stop him from ogling at the couple and help him make the coffees for them. He didn’t want to interrupt the couple as he just had first hand experience as to what it felt like to be interrupted in that sort of situation and he wasn’t one for revenge. 

 

So without saying much other than a quiet, “A mocha for Hakyeon and whatever you want to make for Wonshik, he’s not too fussed.” Taekwoon grabbed a group handle and pulled two shots while Kihyun went to the fridge to get the milk and started preparing for a mocha and a flat white. 

 

The couple finally broke apart with Wonshik’s arm still around Hakyeon when other students started filing in. Taekwoon asked if they were going to stay in the kitchen with them or go somewhere else by themselves. Hakyeon decided to just stay until they finished their coffees. Also just so he could fanboy a little at the two making coffees together before it got too busy and crowded.

 

At around 8:30, more people started drifting in and the friands were deemed cooled enough to serve so Taekwoon plated them up, wrote down the ingredients and put them on the counter for the students to have a try if they wanted one. 

 

Kihyun, being the excited friend, was the first to grab one to try. Taking a bite out of it, his eyes immediately widened at Taekwoon as the friand was so fluffy, it just melted in his mouth while still having the crunchy texture of the walnuts and the coffee aroma to blend it all together. It was baked to perfection with the exterior being slightly crunchy while the insides were soft and moist. It felt like he was seeing Taekwoon in a different light. 

 

“Oh my gosh you are a cooking gem! Have you tried it yourself?” Receiving a shake of the head, he held his friand out to Taekwoon to have a try. Once he stretched his arm out, he immediately regretted it as he remembered that Taekwoon quite shy about things and he didn’t know how he would react to sharing food. 

In actual fact, Kihyun didn’t have to worry too much as Taekwoon would probably eat whatever was offered to him. So Taekwoon took a bite without any hesitation and accidentally brushed his lip against Kihyun’s finger.

Kihyun’s face flushed a gentle red thinking about how soft Taekwoon’s lips felt just for that short second and he couldn’t help but stare at his lips as they moved while he was chewing. 

“Are you going to eat the rest?” Kihyun nodded dazedly and put the rest of the friand into his mouth. He was snapped out of his daydream when the main character of his dream was tapping his arm saying something about two lattes and three cappuccinos. He didn’t even notice when Taekwoon had taken those orders… or that the kitchen was filling up with students… or even that small smile that Taekwoon was wearing for the rest of the day.


A/N: Sorry for the long wait! Here's the next chapter!

Also is anyone has any ideas or suggestions please don't hesistate to tell me. <3 

Thanks for reading <33