CHAPTER 6: Release

Behind the Curtain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rosé


Someone tell me this is not real.

Someone tell me this is a dream. Even if it's a nightmare I'll accept it as long as this is all just an illusion.

Someone tell me--

"Uhm Rosé," he speaks directly to my ears. That's when I remember I am still glued to Jungkook's solid chest and brawny arms (wow maybe he wasn't kidding when he said he has the "Caleb body"). "Pretty sure this is real."

Oh my God. My heart beats uncontrollably (and it's totally just me being a scaredy-cat and nothing related to his, uh, firm body).

So I actually said those words due to panic! I detach myself from him, not reluctantly (just saying), and ask, "Uhm, from what words did I start speaking?"

"From... but will you be alright if I tell you?" I couldn't see his face from the dark but I feel like he's enjoying this humiliation I'm experiencing currently.

I nod. Then I smack myself in the head in my imagination as I remember that he probably can't see me right now with the lights off. But then he said, "."

"Excuse me?" Is he really cursing at me right now?

". , ," he emphasized. "That's the first thing you said after the doors got locked." 

"Oh." Thank God the lights are off and my burning face is invisible.

"If you don't count the "Please stay like this a little bit more" then it started with ," he stifles a laugh.

Haha very funny you freaking Coconut-Head.

"What? Coco--"

"Do you know how we can get out of here?" I ask trying to avert his attention. Gosh. Why do I unconsciously speak my thoughts out loud! "Do you have keys or know a secret passage, or just something?"

"I just joined this year."

"Your point?"

"Today's the first time I rehearsed here."

"Again, your point?"

"Only those who have been part of CoA for at least three years have keys to the hall, and I have absolutely no idea if there's another way out."

"How awesome," I reply sarcastically becoming more frustrated with the situation.

"Well how about you? Aren't you friends with the others? Especially Jennie. Oh but she's drunk right." He pretends a cough, "So can't you ask help from them?"

Especially Jennie? How did he know Jennie and I are close? And she's drunk?! Oh my God I hope she didn't say or do anything unnecessary. One time she wasn't sober, she started stripping (just the layers on top). Yoongi was so mad when she saw a video of guys cheering as she stood on the table and began swinging her jacket. Since then, he never let Jennie drink without him.

Pulling my antsy self from my own world, I respond to him, "I could but both my phone and laptop's out of charge. And well, I can't charge right now, can I?"

"How awesome," he  mocks me.

I try to think of something, refusing to believe I have to stay with this jerk alone in this dark scary place. Think Rosé, think!

Right!

Wasn't the one he was backstabbing me with before a sunbae? Please let it be a 3-year sunbae at least. "You, you have a hyung in CoA right? How about him?"

"I do have, but how did you--"

"Doesn't matter. Just ask him now," I avoid his question. I don't want to have to explain such an awkward scene.

And so he dials. A few minutes later, he curses, "Damn it! Why aren't you picking up?" He then grumbles, "I'll just send him a message just in case."

"Great!" I finally let out my frustration. "So we're probably going to be stuck here until morning. Wow, just wow." 

"And it just had to be with you," he grouses in a low voice but I still heard it.

"Excuse me?" What the actual ?!

"You're excused," he replies sharply.

"Why you meanie Coconut-Head!" I ball my fists so I wouldn't hit him.

"Hey Orange, look. If there's anyone who should be ing pissed right now, it's me. I'm the one who's stuck with the most obnoxious person perhaps in the entire world!"

"I'm not! And don't call me Orange!"

"Don't call me Coconut-Head!"

"But it's true!" I growl and ridicule him, "And you're even such a big flirt who thinks he's so cool. I'm Jungkook, everybody loves me! I'm Roy, I'm so perfect I receive praises left and right, and in Director Bang's eyes, I can't do anything wrong! With that huge ego, it's no surprise you have such a big coconut head!"

"Well at least I'm loved. You?" He snickers, "I doubt there's a single guy out there who'll want to be with you."

Woosh

As if shot with an arrow infused with poison, my mind blanks and my heart breaks even further if that's possible.

I know that. And I don't need anyone to remind me that.

Damn it! I scream at myself in my mind as I feel a forbidden tear escape my eye. Don't you ing cry Rosé. Don't you ing let anyone know how vulnerable you are.

Don't.

ing.

Cry.

 

Jungkook

 

"I doubt there's a single guy out there who'll want to be with you."

, was that too harsh? But she was pushing my buttons. But still, she didn't deserve it. And I started this fight, . Why isn't she saying anything? This silence is killing me.

Sniff

Is she crying? No, , I didn't mean to. "No, Rosé. I'm sorry. I didn--"

She cuts me off, "It's fine. It's true anyway and I know it already. You don't have to say anything you don't mean."

. She's scarier when she's being very agreeable. "No really, I'm sorr--"

"I said it's fine!" she says in a thick voice, obviously trying not to cry. "Can I ask just one question?" she asks after she thinks she finally succeeds in pushing back the tears.

"Uh yeah, sure." After what I did, I sure owe her one question.

"Why do you hate me?"

I get startled by her question. It was something I didn't expect at all. I try to think of a sugarcoated answer so she wouldn't burst into a fountain.

But then she says, "Just be honest. Please."

I take a deep breath and tell her the truth before I change my mind, "Because you hate me."

"What?" she screams then mutters, "But I don't hate you." She then continues in a matter-of-fact tone, "Well that was before you said you hate me."

What? This is making me confused. I tell her sternly, "No, I started hating you only after hearing you say it."

"But I never did!" She protested.

"You did," I affirmed.

"When did I say that? When did you hear me say that?" She asks, more curious than mad as if she was squeezing her brains to remember that moment.

"Last Saturday night, I happened to hear you and SinB talking about your worries regarding the male main cast."

"And?" She asks, still doesn't getting the point.

"You said you never wanted me and that you don't approve of me," I say flatly.

She then shouts, "AS ROY! Didn't you hear the whole thing? I wanted you as Caleb like you originally wanted!"

"W-what?" I stutter, dumbfounded by what she's saying.

"I tried my best to persuade everyone that you should get casted as Caleb you know, even when the results were out. Oh my gosh!" She covers , "That you can't tell anyone."

"But I thought--"

"Well you thought wrong, didn't you?" She then suddenly laughs, "Oh my God, so it was all just a misunderstanding. A ing misunderstanding."

"So it's all--"

"All your fault," she finishes for me.

. So this is all my fault. I came up with my own conclusion without even making sure that it was true. I must be really a stupid Coconut-Head.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter