CHAPTER 16: Game Night Pt.2

Behind the Curtain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rosé

 

"Kookie please clean-up the props we used, as well as the food wrappers," I order Jungkook as he's my servant for the night.

"That's it?" Jennie rolls her eyes and reproaches me, "God, You're so lame."

"Unfair, you mean. I should have made my moves on Rosé instead," Jackson comments which earns him a murderous glare from Jungkook.

Another person's face twitches from Jackson's (disgusting--according to Jungkook) remark as SinB commands him, "Ya! Come here, I think your face needs more retouch."

I doubt that. Right now, Jackson's face is a complete replica of a 3 year-old's coloring book, painted with abstract shapes in unflattering and mismatching colors.

"Are you sure this is just not an excuse to stare up-close at my record-breaking handsome face?" to which SinB replies with another long of green lipstick across his face.

"I'd rather have that punishment than this," Yoongi mutters while typing on my laptop. He had to borrow mine because of what Jennie ordered him to do. She instructed him to write 100 good things about her and to print it, have it framed, and hang it on his bedroom wall before the night ends or else...

"What? Wanna meet my parents instead?" Jennie threatens him with a wicked smile. Yoongi shakes his head very fast and resumes his furious typing.

Jackson points at Yoongi, "This is all your fault."

"Hey, I would have had sufficient time to change the answer if it wasn't for Mr. Boyfriend-of-the-Year who got with just his girlfriend's hair!"

Jackson nods in agreement, "Ah, that's right! The mission was to braid her hair yet you spent at least five minutes just touching her hair." He grins at Jungkook in a very wickedly erted way then, "Is it perhaps, your ?"

Blood rushes to Jungkook's cheeks as embarrassment creeps up on him. Mad about them teasing Jungkook unfairly, I suddenly speak in an infuriated voice, "I order you guys not to gang-up on Jungkook!"

The room is filled with silence then for a few seconds before finally breaking out in hoots and cheers.

"Aww, and there's Ms. Girlfriend-of-the-Year," Jennie says, making everyone laugh as Jungkook and I turn into tomatoes soaked in ketchup.

 

As soon as the mess from the previous game is cleaned up, which was done by Jackson and Yoongi only as I ordered them so as a little revenge, all of us settles on the floor and forms a circle. We're playing Mafia now.

Jennie's the first one to claim a spot. Jackson nonchalantly sits beside her, but Yoongi sandwiches himself between them--guess he's furtively possessive when it comes to Jennie. SinB then takes the farthest spot from Jackson which is in the middle of Jennie and Jungkook, which ends up with me having no choice but to sit beside my awesome boyfriend--not complaining at all--and his weird erted friend.

"So who's going to be the moderator?"

"Me!" I yell as I raise my left hand in the air (I can't help it, I'm a leftie).

"Why you?" Yoongi interrogates. I think he secretly wants to be the moderator as well so he can be the one to assign the roles. That or he doesn't really want to play.

"Because I'm the storyteller among us," I respond in a matter-of-fact tone while dismissively shrugging my shoulders, which makes Yoongi turn his head on the side and pout as he knows that I have won the battle.

 

Jungkook

 

"The night has come, everyone in the city has fallen asleep. Or so we thought," Rosé says in a very dramatic manner as if she's reading a bedtime story to a bunch of kids. She's so into her role that I can't help but smile at her endearing actions.

All of us players then close our eyes as we wait for Rosé's further instructions and signals on what are roles will be. The first two people she'll tap are the members of the Mafia. After that, the cop. The rest then will be the innocent civilians. We wanted to have a doctor, but we're too few to afford other special roles.

I feel then the lightest touch of fingers on my shoulder, "Mafia members, open your eyes and meet your comrade."

I slowly flutter my eyes open and look across me to see who's the other mafia member. I shift my head in very little movement to my sides until I see a pair of eyes staring back at me.

SinB then winks at me, confirming that she is my partner-in-crime.

"The Mafia members have now met and have decided to hide in the neighborhood for now." Rosé then gestures us to close our eyes. She then continues, "Unknown to them, the police are informed of their arrival in the metro. In fact, they had the best police officer in-charge of the case."

"A couple of hours later, the beautiful star called Sun has risen above the horizon once again, greeting all the citizens a very fine morning." Everyone then "wakes up" as the first night is over.

"It's a good thing Rosé insisted being the moderator." Jackson turns to Rosé then and compliments her, "The game is so much interesting because of your awesome narration!"

"Oh!" Jennie points at Jackson, her eyes full of suspicion, "You must have a role that's why you find it so interesting! You're a mafia member aren't you?"

Jackson smirks, "Good try Jennie. But seeing you're so eager to nominate someone, I guess you are the killer here."

"Jennie, look at me," Yoongi orders to which Jennie complies. After a few seconds of them just staring at each other, Yoongi declares, "Nope, it's not her. This girl can't lie to me."

Oh look what we have here, it's the first time I see Jennie quiet and blushing. Must be Yoongi's effect on her. I try to think of what to say or who to accuse because both SinB and I have not said anything, and I'm afraid that they'll start suspecting us because of that.

Thankfully though, SinB has thought of an idea, "So? Are we supposed to just believe that? How do we know if it's not the both of you, and that you guys are just helping each other out?"

Good thinking SinB! I try my best not to look at SinB and bite my lower lip hard to prevent a smile from forming.

"It's you, isn't it?" Jackson suddenly declares. , am I busted? But then I look at him and see him smirking at SinB--wait, that's still bad. "Look at me," he imitates Yoongi's previous line, making the rest of us--except SinB of course--burst into laughter.

SinB just rolls her eyes at him and gives him the middle finger.

"Jungkook," Yoongi lifts an eyebrow and tilts his face at me, "why are you so quiet?"

"I'm observing," I say as I look at each one of them, scrutinizing their every action and expression, "I don't want an innocent to die." Alright that was smooth, good job self!

Rosé then begins her story again, "As the people of the city has gotten into a feud and series of protests and rallies," Is this girl high or what, "suspecting each other because of the fear of not knowing who the criminals are, who may be sitting across them or even beside them, they have decided to put it to a vote."

"To make it a fair trial, the voting is ordered to be private," to this, everyone closed their eyes again to begin the elimination. I wait then for Rosé's tap, indicating that everyone has closed their eyes. 

When she does, I immediately--but quietly--looks at SinB for a very quick silent meeting. She points at Yoongi while I think it's Jackson. Since there's not really that much of information yet, we decide to choose separately.

"Who votes for Jennie? Raise your hand. For Yoongi? Jungkook? Jackson? SinB?"

After a while, Rosé then continues, "A decision has been made, everyone is called to hear the result of the trial." Rosé then substantially pauses and looks at each one of us before resuming, "Alas, there is still justice and hope in the world. A member of the treacherous Mafia group has been sentenced to an immediate death penalty. The name of this member is, now was, SinB."

A series of real and pretentious gasps are heard. damn it, now I'm the only mafia member alive! Who killed her? Who the hell is the cop? I stare at the remaining alive citizens wondering who should I kill at night.

"I knew it," Jackson smugly smirks at SinB.

"Whatever," SinB dismisses him, "I wonder who are the other people who killed me though."

"Upon the capture of the mafia member, the city rejoiced through a feast, dancing and drinking alcohol that they forget about the other mafia member who is still very much alive and is burning with vengeance. Soon the celebration ends, everyone goes back to their own home and sleeps."

Everyone closes their eyes then even I, until Rosé says, "Ah, but the forgotten mafia is now on the move and plans to kill one of the citizens as payback for the death of colleague SinB." 

I ask advice from SinB on to kill and she points to Yoongi just because her instincts tell her that he is the cop. I on the other hand am confused whether I should kill Yoongi or Jackson--Jennie is obviously simply an innocent because of the reaction she gave to Yoongi a while ago.

And then it hits me, why is Yoongi enthusiastically playing this game? I gesture to Rosé then that I am murdering Min Yoongi this second night. I close my eyes then for the cop's move.

"The police however does not forget as he does his work even late at night, following a suspicious person...The daylight has shine upon the city once again."

When everyone has their eyes open, Rosé discloses what happened during the second night. "The cop has found a suspicious person walking in the streets alone late at night. Thinking it is the mafia member, he follows this person. Five steps away from the suspect, the police is suddenly seized by another fellow and is mercilessly slaughtered."

"Wow, she's really good," Jackson praises Rosé's storytelling prowess.

"I know, right? That's my girlfriend," I proudly say even though everyone in the room knows that. Rosé then playfully hits me in the arm as she gets shy with the flattery.

"Anyway," Rosé says as soon as she composes and fans herself, "The unfortunate news of the death of honorable cop Min Yoongi is delivered to the city."

"You were the cop?!" Jennie hits Yoongi in disbelief.

"Yeah, and I know now who killed me."

Gulp.

"Alright, since there's just three of us left, let's put this game to an end now. Jennie?" Jackson puts his hand in front of Jennie for her to shake.

"Wait a minute," the rule is, if there are three people left in the game, if two innocents shake hands--they win. But, if an innocent shakes hand with a mafia member--we win. I can't let the two of them do that! I have to persuade one of them--Jennie! "Why are you so eager to shake Jennie's hand?"

Upon hearing my words, Jennie inches further from Jackson who just makes face and says, "Uh, 'cause duh, we're the two innocents left!"

"But I am an innocent too," I look at him in a dubious manner, trying to make him the villain.

"Oh come on, Rosé's the moderator so she obviously picked you!"

"No she did not! Rosé's a genius writer, why would she pick the obvious!"

"But it's not obvious because we think it's obvious so we'll think that she didn't pick you when in fact she really did!"

"Oh but I think Rosé picked you as the other mafia member seeing SinB is the first one."

"How is SinB and I related--Wait a minute, why is she not saying anything?" Jackson breaks our heating argument and suspiciously looks at Jennie who is just quietly sitting at her spot.

Aha! This is a chance. "She's letting us fight on our own."

Jackson then turns to me and grins, hands out his palm to me, "I'm sorry I misunderstood you dude."

Jennie, now getting the situation tries to defend herself, "No, no, no, no! I am the inno--"

But she's too late as I grab Jackson's hand and firmly shake it. I tell him then with an evil smile slowly forming on my face, "I'm sorry too dude, 'cause I'm the other mafia."

"Oh yeah ers!" SinB booms

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter