Runner 3

Run to You

It’s been five days since Youngjae sunbae agrees to be my model. I’m happy as we can get along well with this photographer-model status. Today is the first day I will take his photos and here I am now, in the field, taking the photos, with him who is running to the finish line. I have to take the photos so many times in order to find the best one. Through the lens, I find him really attractive. His concentrated eyes and his moves which made me so immerse in taking his photos. As I see the photos through my camera, I didn’t realize that he stops running then walks to me and sits beside me. I sense someone is sitting beside me whilst panting heavily then I turn my head, I froze since our faces are so close but his eyes fortunately stare at the photos that I took.

“How is it?” he smiles then turns his head to me.

I quickly focus on the photos. Gosh, I think I will explode if he did that again.

“Well, hmmm… it’s go-good” I stutter answering his question.

“Can I see it?”

“Sure…” I hand the camera to him.

He smiles, “Wow, it’s the first time I hold such a good camera!”

I chuckle seeing his reaction. He sees the photos while smiling, “Wow, how can I be so handsome like this?”

I chuckle again. “It’s because I the one who take it…” I try to flatter myself.

He nods. “You’re right. Maybe if anyone takes it, it wouldn’t be as good as these, right?” he said while looking in to my eyes.

I can’t say anything. For a while, we look at each other then suddenly he turns away, “I’m just joking Boram… but the photos are really good though. Is this camera expensive?” he says smiling as he hands back the camera to me.

I nod. “I had to save my allowance for six month but it still was not enough. Fortunately my father added the rests when I had my birthday last year”

He nods then lays his body down to the ground. “It’s great to have such parents…” he says this while looking at the sky. I turn my head to him and see his face turns sad. We’re just silent and feeling the wind breeze smoothly but why with his sad face suddenly?

“I hate running…”

He turns his head to me and sits up, “Uh? Why?”

I just shrug, “Simple, it’s tiring”

He chuckles then touches his chin. “I think all of sports are tiring. So you don’t like all of them?”

I shake my head. “Just sports that needed us to run…”

He laughs while holding his stomach. This is the first time I see him laughs like this. “Ya, all of sports needed us to run even though it’s just jogging. I don’t think any branches of sport which doesn’t need running…”

I shrug again, “So, that’s why I hate running”

He quickly stands up then offers his left hand to me, “Come on”

I look at his hand then his eyes, “What?”

He just smiles but widely this time, “I will show you the beauty of running!”. Without waiting for my reply, he takes my camera and puts it down on the bench near then takes my hand and then we’re running. He holds my hand tightly as we run. I smile seeing this and I see he smiles too. Oh God, if this is just a dream, don’t wake me up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“How is Youngjae sunbae?”

I turn my head to Inyoung who is eating some snacks in front of me.

“He’s fine… why do you ask me that?”

Inyoung just shrugs, “Nah, just asking. Isn’t he tired to run? Since he comes to the school again, we always see him running every single day…”

I am thinking for a while then smile a bit, “He likes running, no! He loves it…”

“And you like him that way…” Inyoung smirks while munches the snacks.

My eyes widens then I give her a glare, “I am not…”

Her smirks getting wider as my denying. “Yes you are…” then suddenly her eyes widens and she stutters, “Young-jae sunbae! What-what are you doing here?”

I turn my head abruptly as hearing his name. He comes to my class?

As I turn there’s no one there, just a few of our classmates who are busy with their own world. I frown my eyes then turn my head to Inyoung, “There’s no--”. I stop my words as I see she bursts out laughing.

“You prank me!” I say feeling annoy.

Her laughing is getting louder as she sees my annoyed face. I roll my eyes at her and take one of her snacks. She tries to stop her laughing and says, “I’m sorry, it’s just… you have to look at your face when I say his name… you look so cute”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hey, your prince is waiting for you outside…” Inyoung nudges my arm. It’s time to go home as our class is over for today.

“Who?”

Inyoung chuckles but then folds her arms, “I will give you some clues, he’s your model and he likes, uh no, he loves running…”

I roll my eyes, I think teasing me is one of her hobbies now. “He’s not my prince besides I don’t have any appointment today with him..”

Inyoung frowns, “But who he’s waiting for in the front of our school’s gate? I see his sparkles eyes and smiles, I think he’s waiting for you…”

I shake my head denying her statement but deep down of my heart I wonder, is he waiting for someone?

Inyoung and I walk to the gate together and there I see, Youngjae sunbae is smiling widely as a girl clasps her hand at him.