Runner 2

Run to You

Okay! It’s not difficult, just approach him and introduce yourself. Great! I can do this! I can! Boram fighting!

I take a deep breath then walk toward him. There he is, gets ready to run again in the field. He stretches his body and runs in his place.

“Excuse me…” my small voice trails off but he doesn’t seem to hear me.

I pretend to cough loudly and there he turns his head to me. Great! Looking into his eyes, I suddenly forget why I come here. He tilts his head and stops doing what he’s doing. “Yes. Can I help you?”

I bow quickly then introduce myself, “Annyeong, Youngjae sunbae, my name’s Jeon Boram, I’m in the first year… can I talk to you for a minute?”

I can sense he gets confused from my sudden arrival but then he just nods his head, “Sure, why not?”

“Huh?”

I repeat the same words again, “I need your permission to take your pictures while you’re running”

I sense his confusion then continue, “… it’s for the school’s festival. I’m in photography class and for celebrating our school’s anniversary each of the members has to take a picture… and I think I want you to be my model…”

He rubs his chin thoughtfully, “Why me? There’s other runners in our school though”

There, now it’s me who confused now? How can I explain about it? It’ll just embarrassing me.

Fortunately, I bring my secret weapon. I give him a bread and a bottle of pocari sweat, the same flavor bread, chocolate cheese that he couldn’t get yesterday.

“It’s for you sunbae… thanks for yesterday”

He snaps his fingers, “Oh, so that’s you! Chocolate cheese girl!”

I smile shyly cause recalled what happened yesterday then as if on cue, his stomach growls then he looks at me feeling embarrassed. He rubs his neck, “Well, I can’t say no for that bread”

I smile, “So, will you?”

He grins then smiles, “Tell me one reason why I should be your model?”

I don’t know what to say… should I say that he attracts me? Or what reason should I give in order not to make me feel embarrassed or stupid in front of him? I should think this before I ask him.

He chuckles seeing my reaction, “I’m just joking, chocolate cheese girl…“ then he smiles warmly, “It’s my honor to be your model”

“Really?” but then I frown, “My name is Boram, sunbae, not chocolate cheese girl…”

He chuckles again, “Yes and sorry Boram-ie”

I feel my cheeks blushes because of that. Gosh, why am I being like this in front of him?

~~~~~~~~~~~

“Why do you keep smiling like that, huh? You scare me, Boram!”

I turn my head to the right, “What?”

Inyoung points her finger to me, “There… you’re smiling like an idiot!”

It just make my smile get wider.

Inyoung lightly hits my shoulder, “Stop it!”

“Do you have any question, Park Inyoung?”. My English teacher, Ms. Hyomi turns her head to Inyoung. It seems like she hears Inyoung’s words before.

Inyoung abruptly turn her head and says awkwardly, “No.. nothing miss”

She lowers her glasses, “If you still keep talking in my class then I suggest you to go out of this class now!”

My classmates’ eyes turns to our table. Gosh, Ms. Hyomi’s really something! How can she hear what Inyoung says. Even our table is the second from the back. I feel bad to Inyoung, she must feel embarrassed right now.

“I’m sorry miss. I won’t do it again”. It’s all Inyoung can say and I can hear Ms. Hyomi says “Good” while continuing her lesson.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I’m sorry, Inyoung-ie. You don’t hate me, right?”. I say when we’re getting ready to go out from the class. English is our last subject for today.

Inyoung stares at me then hits my shoulder rather hard now, “You get me in to trouble, you brat!”

“Awww, ok, I’m so sorry. Please forgive me!” I give her my pleading eyes.

She chuckles. I know she won’t ever get mad too long. “Tell me why suddenly you’re smiling like that before? Do you get some lottery or…”

“Wow! Is this really, you Boram? I don’t think so. The Boram I know is a girl who can’t say something to approach a boy… where is my Boram?”. I tell her what happen, that I can assure Youngjae sunbae to be my model and this is what I get! Uh, I think I shouldn’t tell her!

I roll my eyes. Inyoung’s smirk even gets wider, “So, what’s your tactic? How can you get him?”

I pack my bag. “That’s a secret! I have to go now, bye Inyoung-ie…”

“Ya! You can’t get me hanging like this… Jeon Boram wait for me!”