Runner 16

Run to You

“I don’t want to eat anything right now.”

“Don’t worry I treat you as you’ve already helped me.” Junhong turns his head at me smiling. “How about ice cream? Or teokbokki?”

I shake my head. “I don’t really want anything.”

He frowns, “Why?”

I sigh as I stop walking. “I just… I’m not in the mood.”

He still looks at me confusedly, “Why?”

I roll my eyes at him, feeling annoyed, “Can’t you stop asking? You’re annoying me”. Then suddenly he is staring at me intensely. I get a step back as he moves towards me. His face is just a few inches in front of me. “What… what are you doing?”

He quickly moves back as he looks at me seriously, “Does it hurt?”

I freeze at his question. What is he talking about? Did he know about…

“How… how do you know it?” my eyes widens as I stutter.

He scoffs as he crosses his arms, “You think I don’t know anything about it? Even though I don’t know how it feels but I always try to understand girl’s mood if they are having it.” He nods his head as if he’s proud of himself.

I become more confused as what he says, “What are you talking about actually?”

With his innocent he whispers to me, “You are bleeding right now, right?”

“Bleeding?”

He nods as he pats my shoulder. “It’s okay it will stop soon. Don’t worry.”

I stare at him dumbfounded then a click in my head. I burst out laughing at him. How cute! He’s thinking that now I’m in my period? This child, really!

He frowns at my reaction, “Why laughing? Do I say something funny?”

I force myself to stop laughing but fail as I see his innocent face. It takes me several minutes to actually stops laughing. “Okay…” I grab his hand and lead him away, “… to the teokbokki shop we go”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I’m having a great time with Junhong tonight. We talk about everything. From reminiscing the past, school and so on.

“So, how about the girl?”

Junhong stirs the drink in front of him. “What girl?”

I take one of teobokki then eat it, “The girl that we stalked a few days ago… have you confessed already?”

A few days ago Junhong came to my school, right? He actually asked my help to get some photos of the girl that he likes by following her or you can say stalking her. I told him that he could do it by himself but then he asked me to help as he didn’t want the girl would see him as a stalker. He wanted to confess to her by collecting her photos at some places where she often goes to everyday. At first, I told him it’s weird of him for doing it and it’s also kinda creepy but then gave up as he begged with his puppy eyes. So, that day I helped him.

He stops stirring the drink as he looks at me, “Ah that girl… no, I don’t have enough courage to confess to her…” he gives me an awkward smile. Then he takes a sip from the drink and looks at me, “… actually I think I don’t have enough of her photos though… will you help me to take it more?”

I roll my eyes at his request, “Seriously?!”

He nods his head surely. “Yep, don’t forget I already paid the food so you have to help me… whether you like it or not.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Junhong and I have already finished the food, suddenly someone calls my name. I turn my head to the voice. “Annyeonghaseyo, ahjussi.”

It’s apparently Youngjae sunbae’s uncle. He smiles as approaches us. “How are you Boram?”

“I’m fine ahjussi. How about you?”

“Tired but that’s life isn’t it? Uhm... Are you ordering the food too?”

I shake my head, “No, actually I want to go home right now. I have already eaten teobokki. Do you want to eat here too?”

He shakes his hand, “No. I just order it… for me and Youngjae. He likes the teokbokki here too.” I nod awkwardly as I don’t know how to respond it. “Is he your boyfriend?”

I’m surprised hearing it. “Uh? Oh no ahjussi… he’s my friend.” Junhong then bows at him. He nods as he scans me and Junhong repeatedly. Then he smiles, “You can call me samchon, Boram. Yoo Yeonseok samchon…” then he paused for a while,”… Okay, I think I have to order now if I don’t want Youngjae to wait for too long. Junhong and I bow and turn to exit the shop. Just a few steps, I hear he calls me again. “Boram, uhmm… can I talk with you for a minute?”

I look at Junhong, asking for his opinion. He smiles and says he’ll wait for me outside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Who is he?”

I stop daydreaming and turn my head to the side, “Uh?”

“That ahjussi? You seem to know him though…”

I smile while nodding, “Remember what I said to you when we stalked your girl?...” before I can continue my words, Junhong interrupts me, “She’s not my girl…yet” he gives that awkward smile again. I squint my eyes at him, feeling weird of his words. “Can you not cut off my sentence please?”

Then he stops walking as saluting me, “Yes, ma’am! And sorry ma’am.”

I chuckle at him. He also gives me his big smile. We continue the walk. “He’s the uncle of my model for my school’s anniversary.”

He nods his head repeatedly. “The model is your sunbae, isn’t he?”

I nod. “Yes… and you’ve already met him.”

He frowns, “Me? when?”

“In the amusement park when you kidnapped me from my friends… one of them is him.”

He chuckles maybe recalling it. “It’s not kidnap if you are willing to go with me, dear.” He winks while smirking at me. I quickly slap his arm hard. “Stop being annoying you brat!”

Junhong laughs then runs. I try to after him even with my short legs. I won’t give that brat a mercy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

This chapter was full of the giant maknae cuteness :D And i have to admit that it is the most relaxing one >.<

But don't worry, Youngjae will appear in the next chapter ^^

Happy reading ~~