Runner 17

Run to You

Nobody’s POV

“Youngjae! What’s her name again? Didn’t see her these few days…”

Youngjae slowly brings his face up after he rubs his face with the towel. “Who?”

Youngjae’s runner friend, Kim Minseok repeats, “That dongsaeng you know… the girl who always comes to take your photos… why didn’t she come again?”

Youngjae doesn’t answer the question as he takes his bag and put the towel in. “If you are interested with her just say it, I’ll tell her.”

Minseok crosses his arms as he leans on the locker, “Ya! That’s not what I mean…” Minseok feels that Youngjae looks different these few days and he tries to guess the answer. It seems like he hit it right. He sighs, “Anyway the day after tomorrow is our big day, she’ll come won’t she?”

Youngjae is quiet for a moment then he shrugs his shoulders, “I don’t know.” Minseok quickly looks at Youngjae, “What’s wrong? Why won’t she come? It’s your big day!” Again, Youngjae doesn’t answer the question as he packs his other things.

“So Eunji, the one who will come huh?” Youngjae can hear a slight disappointment from his voice. He slides his bag as he turns his head to Minseok, “It doesn’t matter who comes. Like you said, it’s my big day. Not theirs. There’s nothing special about cheering me up.”

Minseok tsks him with his finger, “If you aren’t special why would that dongsaeng take your photos? Not mine or others?”

“Boram”

“Huh?” Minseok is confused for a moment.

“Her name is Boram. Don’t call her ‘that dongsaeng’.”

Minseok stuns for a second then suddenly he laughs.

“Why are you laughing?”

Minseok tries to stop his laughing, “It just… you should see your face right now. It’s hilarious.”

Youngjae rolls his eyes then he walks away from Minseok. Just a few steps, Minseok calls him, “Youngjae don’t you know that after that dongsaeng came you always smile when see her?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Promise me it will be the last time!”

Junhong quickly nods his head and smiles as he sees Boram surrenders at his demand. “Let’s go!”

After a few hours, they’re in one of a convenience store. Boram is checking the results of their second and also last stalking photos. Even though it’s a bit tiring as they have to hide and seek from the target, she feels happy. She already feels like one of those photographers in the TV who could take pictures without the target knew nothing.

Junhong sits beside her as he hands her a cup of ramyun. Boram smiles as she puts her camera down on the table and starts eating it. “Don’t you want to know the results?”

Junhong turns his head then he looks at the camera. “Later. We’re eating right now.” Boram nods as they continue eating. “Junhong ah… you really want to confess about your feelings?”

“Hmm?” He slurps while looking at her. “What?”

“Do you really want to confess to her by showing these photos?”

Junhong seems bothered about something as he quickly diverts his eyes to his cup ramen. Boram feels a little bit annoyed at his reaction that just keep eating without answering her question. “Ya! I ask you-..”

“Later” He finishes the ramen. “I’ll answer your all questions… but later.” He looks at her for a moment then he smiles, “I’ll buy you a drink, okay? What do you want?” Boram feels there’s something weird about him lately. Since he asked her to go stalking this girl that even now she doesn’t know the name as he never tells her when Boram asked about, Junhong seems to hide something from her.

“Tea please… without sugar.” Junhong quickly gets up as he walks to find some drink for both of them.

What’s wrong with him?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hey… what’s wrong with you?” Boram nudges him in the arm. They’re on the way to go home now.

“What?”

“You look sad… what’s wrong? Did I say something wrong just now?”

Junhong stops his track as he looks at the ground. “It just… how if she doesn’t like me? I just met her for few days but I… “he pauses for a second, “she surely will reject me.”

Boram slowly smiles as she knows now what’s bothering him since then. “You know, I actually envy you.” Junhong quickly looks at her, “Huh? Envy?”

Boram nods as she smiles, “Even though you met her just in short of time you’re brave enough to confess. Even you did this just to make her believe that you like her. it’s really sweet you know?” she looks at him as she pats his shoulder, “You’re doing well Junhong ah, as your friend I’m really proud of you. No matter what her answer will, you’re still the best!” she winks at him, tries to courage him more.

Junhong only looks at her with unreadable expressions. “Boram, actually I…”