This can`t be happening

Alpha

The whole cafe filled with Junhyung`s screams. He was gripping on the lifeless body, cold and pale. Trying his best to shake the other man so that he would open his eyes and wake up. 

The other were trying to calm him down, help him but at the same time, don`t want to really get in touch with him.

"Jun... Jun... stop it..." Doojoon said, as he slowly touch Junhyung`s covered shoulder. "Don`t do that... you`ll hurt him even more..." 

Junhyung didn`t listen to his friend`s advise and continue to shake Hyunseung`s fragile body, "Seung... Seung! Jang Hyunseung, you better wake up now! Don`t you dare die on me!"

Helping Doojoon out, Dongwoon tried to pry Junhyung`s hands away from Hyunseung`s shirt. As he tried to be careful not to touch Junhyung`s expose skin, he wrapped his hands in his hand towel. "Stop it, Junhyung-ah. Don`t shake him anymore" 

"Shut up!!" Junhyung struggled in Doojoon and Dongwoon`s gripped. "Hyunseung... wake up please...!!!" No one really know where did he get the energy from but then he didn`t budge even when two other men pulling him away from Hyunseung. 

Both Doojoon and Dongwoon are getting tired. They had been struggling to get Junhyung away from Hyunseung. The man has been trying to wake Hyunseung up for the past hour already. 

Yoseop and Kikwang stayed silent at the back. Both didn`t know what should they do. Yoseop heard sniffled beside him and take hold onto Kikwang`s hand as the man started to cry. He also almost cry, watching the four in front of him. 

They were just talking just now. He was about to make some light breakfast since it`s already almost 9 in the morning. Nothing went wrong but it was when Junhyung realized that Hyunseung wasn`t moving that everything turned upside down. The first thing Yoseop heard was Junhyung slow murmured, calling out Hyunseung`s name. And then, the man started to call out louder and louder and the was when Junhyung moved and Hyunseung`s body fell limp onto the couch. 

No one can imagine the horror in Junhyung`s eyes, realizing that the love of his life wasn`t breathing anymore. None of them ever saw the gaze like that. It was the gaze or full horror. As if you are about to die yourself. 

Yoseop`s mind was brought back to the reality as Doojoon and Dongwoon finally managed to pull Junhyung away. Pinning the man`s down onto the floor, Doojoon held onto Junhyung`s hands while Dongwoon held onto his legs. 

"Calm down, Jun... please..." Doojoon begged, "Nothing can be accomplish when you`re acting like this"

At first, Junhyung didn`t really listen to the man but then, maybe he gets tired himself and slowly, he stopped trashing around. His chest moved up and down really fast, indicating how tired he was.

So does the other two who were holding him. Doojoon and Dongwoon looked at each other, nodding at the same time and slowly releases the man`s body, taking seat for themselves. 

All of them were silent for a good 10 minutes. Then Kikwang and Yoseop bravely stepped forward, closer to Hyunseung and with their gloved hands, they touch the now cold body, flinching as they touch the skin of their friend. 

"This... This can`t be happening..." Junhyung mumbled. His right arm covered his eyes, and soon all of them can hear sobs coming from the man. "Please... please tell me this is a dream... please..."

Both Yoseop and Kikwang ignored the man as they continued looking over Hyunseung`s body. Kikwang placed his fingers on Hyunseung`s neck and Yoseop on his wrist, both trying to find pulse, even little. After only a minute, they looked at each other and then Kikwang check on Hyunseung`s face, opening his mouth, checking the air passage, checking the nose, doing everything he could while Yoseop assists him. 

No matter what they do, all of them knew that nothing can possibly change the fact that they have lost Hyunseung. Taking Yoseop`s place, Dongwoon did his work as a doctor, trying to find any other sign of life but nothing`s change. The dead remain dead. 

_____*****_____

"Something must have been goes wrong..." Dongwoon slowly said. "I believe what cause this is not Highlight. The simptoms are different and plus, Junhyung had them before but he is fine now"

Kikwang blew his nose into the tissue paper in his hands. He has been sniffling non stop for 2 hours straight and now he finished the second tissue packet, "Seung is gone... I can`t believe it... Hyunseung is gone... this is so crazy... I can`t accept it..."

Doojoon hissed, "Quiet... Jun just fall asleep. I don`t want to hear his shouting anymore. It makes me wanna cry too" 

"You don`t want to cry now?" Kikwang hissed back, "Our friend just die, Yoon Doojoon and you are being insensitive. I don`t know that you are such a jackass idiot!"

"Wow... wow..." Doojoon stood up, backing away from the table, "I am being insensitive? Tell you what? I don`t only want to cry but I also want to bawl my eyes out the moment I saw Jun start to cry. They are my best friends and even in the past 1000 years, the still are now. But I know that we all have to be strong and supportive to Jun because he is the weakest now"

Yoseop sighed as he stood up to stand in front of his boyfriend, "Doo... let`s just stop" He said, not wanting another fight to break. 

However, the man didn`t listen to him and continue on,  "So by crying like you did now, won`t change anything. Also... maybe because I have seen death too many times in my life, I don`t really feel like falling down. I lose Yoseop before and that`s the saddest thing than ever happen to me. I understand what Jun feels and I know he needs our strengths. Maybe you don`t understand because this kind of thing never happen to you, Lee Kikwang"

Dongwoon shut his eyes tight as he already can predict that this will happen. He also stood up, standing close to Kikwang to fell into deep silent, probably hurt by what Doojoon had just said. 

"I think we should stop this fight now" Dongwoon said, taking Kikwang`s hand into his, "Nothing good will happen if this continue" 

"Yeah... you both need to rest. Just go upstairs and take my bed. We will stay down here, will look after Jun" Yoseop said to Dongwoon. The tall man nodded and pulled Kikwang into the room upstairs. 

He sighed, looking up at the now fuming with anger Doojoon. "Doo... can you please relax and calm down. There is no need to be angry at Kikwang. He was sad, we are all sad... We lost Seung just now" 

Doojoon looked at other places than Yoseop, try not to vent out his anger at his boyfriend, "Yeah... we are all sad right now. But he... being over the top too much. He wasn`t the one who carry Seung`s body and bury him at the back yard. It was me and Dongwoon and we both did not act like that"

"Please... we all know how Kikwang is..." Yoseop said, "Every time something sad happen, he will be like that. He is our crybaby. Can you please cope with him? We need to support Jun and also need to support each other. I am sad too. I just don`t want to cry when Jun is here"

"I..." Doojoon exhaled as he felt a little calm. He closed his eyes, blinking them paridly, trying not to let the tears that building at the corner of his eyes fall, trying to be the strong man they all need, "I am sad too, Seop..."

"Oh honey..." Yoseop pulled Doojoon into a hug, rubbing the strong back, listening to the big man`s quiet sobs, "It`s okay to cry in front of me. I know how hurt this is" He whispered and his own tears fell down.

_____*****_____

Junhyung was sitting, looking at the ground where his lovely mate lay in the inside. His tears slowly falls down, wetting the already wet cheeks and he sniffled, not wanting his snot to run down. 

Suddenly he felt a warm hand on his shoulder. He didn`t even bother to wipe his face as Yoseop took a seat beside him. He continued to look at the ground.

Yoseop placed the bouquet of flowers in his hands onto Hyunseung`s grave. He neatly tucked them into the ground, hoping that maybe, it will grow into a beautiful tree. Then, he slowly leaned onto Junhyung`s shoulder, feeling the grief together. 

"What is happening, Seop?"

"...I don`t know, Jun"

"He was just fine... I was the one who was sick but why did he-"

"Jun..." Yoseop pulled Junhyung`s hand from the ground and intertwined it with his, "Let`s just pray the best for Seung and the rest of us from now on. Nothing will change if you kept on blaming yourself"

"How can I not?" Junhyung sniffed, "I know I was sick before and eventhough, I am okay after that, we still have to find out what`s wrong with me. But no... we don`t and I touch Seung just like that, kissing him, making love to him..." 

Yoseop blinked twice, "Then... I might have got sick too since I touched you..." He said, rubbing on Junhyung`s hand. 

"That`s not funny, Yoseop"

"My point is..." Yoseop looked at Junhyung, sighing softly, "You can`t put the blame onto yourself. This is not your fault. We will all die... how and when, no one knows. Seung`s time has arrived. What we can do is pray for his best, okay"

Junhyung looked at Yoseop and realized how lucky he is to have such a good friend like Yoseop. He glanced at Hyunseung`s grave once again and felt the tears build up. He sniffs again and scooted over Yoseop`s laps, placing his head there just like he used to do with Seung. 

Yoseop caressed  his friend`s hair softly, "We are all here for you, Jun... you are not alone. Seung is so important to us too. We are hurt by this, just so you know... that you have all of us supporting you..." 

"...Thank you, Seop... Thank you..."

_____*****_____

Junhyung was laying down on the couch where he laid with Hyunseung few hours back. He couldn`t sleep as he kept on remembering all good times he had with the beautiful man. 

He remembered the day the first met, 1000 years ago and in this life. How happy he felt being with the man. How the man can easily control him. Only Hyunseung can do that to him. Only Hyunseung can easily make him happy. Only him.

He looked at the ceiling as he can faintly head Doojoon and Yoseop talking, probably talking about him and Seung or maybe what they want to do afterthis or maybe just simply taking about their love. 

Then, he suddenly felt a soft hand running all the way on his hair. He slowly looked up and saw Hyunseung smiling down on him. The man was kneeling down on the floor, closed to the couch he was laying on. 

He knew his mind was playing trick on him. He knew Seung had died and there is no way he`s here with him. But then he was so tired to think. Then, he just smiled, leaning onto the touch. 

"You know this is not your fault, right?"

Junhyung sighed, looking at the man, "Everyone keeps on telling me that"

"Because it is the true" Hyunseung chuckled, "Just so you know. I am feeling okay now. I am not in pain anymore"

"Really?"

Hyunseung almost snorted at how pitiful his boyfriend look right now, "Yes, honey. I am feeling great now and I do hope that you will be better too. Just remember that there are lots of more important thing you have to think of, with the others"

Junhyung sighed, knowing that there`s no reason to fight back. He will only lose. He never win against Hyunseung by the way. "I misse you already, Seung. I can`t live without you. Without you I will-"

"You can... you are strong man, very strong. You are a commander before, will forever be my commander. So man up, and face the world. Make me proud by being strong"

"...I love you"

"I love you... too... very much... Junnie"

"Promise me you will forever be by my side"

"I swear... I will forever be in your heart. Just call out my name and I will be here for you, supporting you, helping you, loving you..."

_____*****_____

"I am sorry, Kikwang-ah..." Doojoon said, watching Kikwang wiped the glasses and plates that they all just use for their breakfast, "I didn`t mean to burst out like that yesterday... I was just-"

Kikwang shook his head, "It`s fine, Doojoon-ah..." He placed the utensils neatly onto the provided rack before taking a seat behind the bar counter, in front of Doojoon, "I was a jackas too yesterday. Maybe you are right... I never went through this kind of thing so I didn`t really understand your feeling"

"It`s not like I want to say that-"

"You lost Seop before and now Jun lost Seung... I am so grateful that I didn`t lose Woonie. I can`t imagine losing him"

"You will not..." Doojoon said, "We will not lose anyone else after this. We will have to look for each other`s back. We will take care of each other more. I don`t want to lose anymore friend. This is too much for me"

Kikwang nodded, "I saw Seop and Jun last night at Seung`s grave. That big guy was a sobbing mess. And seeing him like that... I was a sobbing mess too after that" Kikwang said, rolling his eyes at how a crybaby he is. 

Doojoon smiles, not really having the balls to laugh, "What are we going to do after this? I felt like part of my life being ripped out of me already... I don`t know what to do" As soon as he said that, both Yoseop and Junhyung arrived at the counter and cut in. 

"We have been talking" Junhyung started. 

"And we decided to all of us should either go away from here, like really far away from here... even out of this country..." Yoseop continued. 

"Or... we should stay..." Junhyung said.

"And discover the cure ourselves" Yoseop finished. 

Both Kikwang and Doojoon looked at the pair like they were maniac. No one speak a single word for a good 2 minutes but the Dongwoon, who was watching from the couch speaks up, couldn`t take the silence anymore, "That is actually a good idea..." He said. 

"Which one?" Doojoon asked. 

"Both..."

"You guys come with these ideas?" Kikwang looked at Junhyung. 

The man nodded, "Last night, while I was bawling my eyes out, Yoseop said that we should move on from this. We can`t let this thing beat us to the ground and so we talked and came up with these idea"

"Are you... okay, Jun?" Doojoon asked.

"I am okay..." He nodded again, "I am sad. I lost Seung. I will forever be sad but I have to be strong. I want to find out what happen to him and so I think I should find the cure to this Highlight then work on what actually happen to him. This is the only way I can think of to make sure he would not die in vain"

Dongwoon rubbed Junhyung`s shoulder, "We are all here for you. Don`t you ever forget that"

"I know that and that`s why I decided that one night of being sad and weak is enough... I am Elite Squad`s Commander. I have to be strong. Seung would want me to be strong..."

"That is good, Jun... you`re doing much better than me the last time I lost Seop" Doojoon chuckled. 

"Yeah... I remember having to drag you to take shower since you don`t take one in a week" Dongwoon teased, sticking out his tongue at the former Captain, "He was a mess last time, Seop" He said to Yoseop who was laughing. 

Doojoon hissed, "I also remember asking you all not to speak a word about that anymore" 

Kikwang scoffed, "Enough of that... let`s all think about what we should do. Escape... or face Highlight... what`s the best for Seung and all of us?" 

The all looked at each other, eyes meeting eyes and they know what they need to do, even without telling it out loud. 

"We`ll face it... together..."