Are we even friends?

Alpha

Yoseop looked at the sleeping figure beside him. He slowly stood up and walked away from the bed. Doojoon has been sleeping really well this past few days, probably all the work finally needed to be done in order to create the cure. He seems tired too. And he kind of leave Yoseop alone while he goes to work. Well, except during the night. He had been quite demanding. Yoseop need to always be beside him at night. He felt as if he`s with a baby instead. 

On the good side, Doojoon is not behaving bad and forcefully anymore. On the bad side, his behavior his very suspicious. Knowing who he is now, every single action is suspicious. 

The smaller man slowly, as slow as he could, opened the door, watching Doojoon once in a while to make sure that the man is still in his sweet dreams. Finally, after about 10 minutes of tip toeing like a buglar, he closed the door, sighing to himself at the triumph of being able to run from Doojoon, even when there is only about 10 feet that separate them. 

He looked around, the hallway is so silent. Everyone else is probably asleep. But still, he had to be very careful because there will be cctv around the building and at the outside, there will be soldier guarding the perimeter. However, as Doojoon left him alone to do his work, he has also been doing some work. He had identify all the corners with the cctv and also the soldiers who guard the perimeter. He knew that there will be 4 minutes window for his to run from the east kitchen gate towards the side fence and climb. 4 minutes are more than enough. 

He`s breathing hard, adrenaline has been pumping in his bloodstream real fast and hard. He his excited and scared at the same time. What if he get caught? Doojoon will not be pleased. What if he can never be trusted again and they decided to just kill him? 

Putting all the bad thought aside, Yoseop pushed the kitched door and stepped inside the slightly steamy hall and located the east gate. From where he was standing at, he can easily reached the gate but then there will be one cctv just around the corner. In order for him not to be spotted, he need to wait for another 2 minutes for the cctv to change the angle. Well, he figure everything out already. 

2 minutes can never be as slow as now. His breath quickened as he suddenly can hear footsteps. He slowly walked until he was directly at the cctv side and started to count backwards from 25 before he can walk pass it. The footsteps became louder and louder and soon, they were directly outside the first kitchen door. Yoseop clasped his palms on his lips, not wanting to even make the slightest sound. 

He heard voices... 

He heard laugter...

And then he heard the footsteps walked away. 

Yoseop breath out softly, feeling confident once again and after checking the cctv`s angle, he nodded much to himself before walked towards the east gate. He pushed the gate, smiling to himself as the gate, as he thought, did not lock. The people here thought that they are so safe that there is no need for them to actually lock any door. Silly them... 

Just when Yoseop stepped outside and shut the gate, the first kitchen door swung open and two chefs stepped inside. Yoseop`s eyes widened, praying that they will never notice the slightly ajar east gate. He listened closely to their conversation and it was only about the next day meal and their supply and nothing more. When he is so sure that the chefs did not notice him, Yoseop fix his eyes at the fence where he had to climb and by now, he only have 90 seconds left. 

The window is closing and it is closing fast.

Without waiting for anything else, the small man run for his life and climb the fence. He never once stop even when he made to much noise, afraid that once he stop, he will stuck within his own thoughts and 90 seconds will reach 1 second. 

THUMP!

His feet landed at the other side of the fence, at the outside of the safe zone and Yoseop still didn`t look back. He walked away from the fence. About 3 minutes of walking, when he is sure that if the people at the inside saw him, they will think of him as one of the infected or the people at the outside of the safezone, he looked back. 

He was so afraid of seeing any soldier.

He was so afraid of seeing any suspicious eyes.

And he was so afraid of seeing Doojoon. 

But then there`s no one. There`s no one at all who saw him climbed over the fence and escape. There is no one to run for him, to chase him and it struck him like lightning, he is free.

He is free from Doojoon. He is free to make his own decision. He is free to run. He is free to find his friends. 

Knowing that, Yoseop smiles. For the first time ever since he arrived at the safezone and now he is outside it, he smiles really hard, so hard until his cheeks hurt. He chukled before looking around. It was dark. People are inside, sleeping. He understands that and starts to walk. His destination is only one, the clinic. 

If he is lucky, his friends will be there, will still be there. 

And he had lots of explanation to do. 

_____*****_____

Doojoon is not happy.

He is furious. 

Two hours ago, he was streatching on his bed, and patting the side as usual. But then, usually, he will feel another warmth beside him and will pull the man into his embrace. But now. he couldn`t find any. He jolted upwards and called the man. Only to be greeted with silence. 

It didn`t take long for him to launch a search party all over the camp. 

Suho sighed as the fifth soldier come to see him, asking for a checkup because the felt like their bones are broken. Doojoon had been taking out his anger on the soldiers that suppose to do the perimeter round last night. He guess, another 15 soldiers will come and see him soon. "Just where the hell are you guys last night? How can one man escape from you watch?" He murmured. "Plus, he is not even a soldier, he`s just a normal kid"

From Suho`s office, he can already heard the roar of Doojoon`s voice, commanding each and every soldiers to go outside and find Yoseop. When he says outside, he means at the outside of the safezone. Suho sighed once again. They are going to lose lots of lives then, only to find one man, Yoseop. 

He left his office and met with very angry Doojoon. "Just what do you think you are doing, soldier?" He asked slowly, knowing that he can fight fire with fire. "Sending everyone outside?" 

Doojoon didn`t even look at him, "He dares to run away from here. Just how stupid can he be? He will never even think of what I will do once I get him back in here. Just how the hell did he get out of here so easy anyway? No one here did their ing job last night, that`s why!" 

"Well..." Suho said, almost scoffing at the soldier, "You really are confident that you can find him again, huh? Who knows, he already reach the border now? Or even arrive at the other country where we have no alliance with? Plus, even if you find him, you really think he will go with you again, to here? After what you have done to him? After you deny his right?" 

"I will ing drag him here if that`s the only choice I have. You don`t have to be worried about this and just do your job, finish the formula and end all this . You asked for 2 weeks, one week is over already" 

Suho raised his eyebrows, "Fine... just one more question. Just why are you so obsess with him? He is not the only immune here. We checked the whole people in here and we have plenty to more than enought immune to create the cure. We won`t need him. So, don`t tell me you are falling for him again and gets all personal so that`s why you made all our soldiers so out there to find him"

Doojoon didn`t answer the question nor deny the statement. He left the scoffing doctor to join the squad in order to find Yoseop.

_____*****_____

Yoseop reached the clinic. He panted tiredly as he partly run there, hoping that his friends are still there. And he smiles when he heard voices. Voices that he recognized. He slowly calm his breath and when he is calm enough, he walked to the front door and push it opened. 

At the inside, the 4 friends, Junhyung, Kikwang, Dongwoon and Yifan were packing their things. They had plan to leave the country for the forest. Perhaps, with all their gear, they will stay at the river side until everything is over. Yifan knows the layout where they can continuously check the town for any sign of improvement. They can get back if they are in need of any supply. It`s just that they can`t stay there anymore. There`re continuous threat to everyone. Especially when most of them are not immune. 

"Hey guys!"

The torchlight in Kikwang`s hand fell onto the floor as all of them looked at the new person inside the clinic. His eyes widened as he could not believe that he just saw Yoseop in flesh right on front of him. "S-Seop?"

"Yeah... it`s me... Yang Yoseop..." Yoseop said cheerfully. He wanted to walk closer to his friends and gave the hug but then Junhyung stopped him. The man stood in the middle of him and everyone else, parting them by two sides. "Hey Jun... you looked good. Even when you are a bit... skinny now..." 

"Seop..." Junhyung called out, "What are you doing here?" He asked, "I thought you were at the safezone already with... Doojoon" 

"Yeah... about that..." Yoseop blinked, thinking that it`s time for him to tell the truth and explain everything to everyone. But then, his eyes caught Yifan at the side. "Y-Yifan... hey..." 

"Hey, Yoseop" Yifan nodded, "Surprise to see me alive, here?" 

"I... no... I mean... yes..." Yoseop stutter. "I am surprise... I thought they..."

"How did you get out, Seop?" Dongwoon asked out of sudden. 

"I... ran... I escape... climb the fence last night... after did some recon for the past week" 

Kikwang blinked, "Why...?"

"What do you mean why?"

"Why did you run? You already safe inside there. Your life will be fine as long as you are in there. Why did you run here?" Kikwang rephrase the question frustratingly.

Yoseop his lips. He sighed dejectedly, "I think... if Yifan is here then... you guys must already knew about me and Doojoon and everything else of what is going on, right?" 

"Hell yes..." Junhyung burst, startling Yoseop who was right in front of him, "Yeah we knew already. We knew that you and Doojoon just bail out on us to save yourselves and report back about the whole immune thing to Suho. We knew that Doojoon run this whole thing. We knew about you being a volunteer and everything. We knew that, Seop. So, just why are you here? After leaving us hanging like , like we are nothing to you" 

"Jun... no... that`s not what I-"

"Don`t deny it, Seop" Junhyung cut in.

"I don`t have a choice, I have a responsibility-"

"To what? You have a responsibility to report back about the immunity? Fine, I can accept that. But why the hell leave us hanging? Just go and didn`t say anything. We were all worried to sick about you and Doojoon, turned out this is whole part of a plan. What bull is that? Are we really that untrustworthy for you to just leave us like that?"

Yoseop sighed. "Okay... I admit, that is my fault. I should have told you guys. But then Doojoon won`t-"

"Oh now don`t tell me this is all Doojoon`s fault. No one can force you to do anything, Yoseop. You tought us that 1000 years ago and now don`t be a and tell us this is not your fault" 

"Why the hell are you so angry? I am here to apologize and tell the truth and I ran from Doojoon, knowing that if he caught me now, he kill me just to be with you guys. I can`t stay with Doojoon anymore. He didn`t care about me now. This is all a job for him and he just kept me there because I am immune and nothing more. So I better off be with my friends, or so I thought" Yoseop said, pointing fingers at Junhyung. "I am sorry, okay? I am sorry for everything and so I am here to clear up everything and start over" 

"It`s not that simple to start over, Seop" Junhyung glared at the smaller man and walked away. He picked up his already packed bags and walked outside the clinic, starting their journey first. 

Yifan looked at Yoseop, "You should have just stay there, Yoseop. You are already safe and fine there. Just live your life there from now on, my friend" He said before following Junhyung. 

Yoseop looked at his friends in confusion, "Where are you guys going?"

Dongwoon and Kikwang sighed. They knew that will have to leave the poor man now. Junhyung will not appreciate it if they bring Yoseop with them. Plus, they are already short of supply and like they thought before, they have to think of their own lives before the others. 

"Woonie? Kiki?" 

Kikwang held Yoseops hands, "Seop..." He started, "I don`t want you to think bad of Junhyung. But he was just upset and angry. We all are. I am sure he will forgive you sooner or later. At this point of time and with everything that`s going on, everyone is emotional and we just need to have each other`s back no matter what. When you leave, he just snap and thought that you can`t rely on him. I mean, he just went through so much. He lost Seung and now, you and Doojoon. He just can`t accept any other lost" 

"Then... you are going to leave me here? I just ran from the safezone to see you guys" Yoseop pleaded. 

Dongwoon interrupted, "Then, maybe you should run back there. Doojoon will take care of you" He said and when he saw the hurt in Yoseop eyes, he can`t help but to smile sadly, "I am sorry but all of us are hurt and it takes time to heal. You will be fine there and trust me, no matter what, Doojoon will take care of you. He loves you. Even when he said he didn`t, he actually did. That`s call ego... Doojoon has plenty of them... trust me. Even 1000 years ago..." The tall man said before walking out, waiting for Kikwang at the outside. 

"Kikwang... you wouldn`t left me right?" Yoseop asked, his eyes widened at the clear situation, "We are friends, right?"

Kikwang chuckled, clasping tightly on Yoseop`s hands, "Are we even friends, Seop? I can`t tell for sure now. I hope we do because no matter what, you will always be part of my life. I love you and I wish you all the best" He whispered and pulled his hand slowly. 

Yoseop blinked as all of his friends walked away from him. He stood straight like statue for almost 15 minutes, thinking of what just happened. He didn`t thought things would turn out this way. He always thought that he can finally be happy with his friends after his escape. But now, it`s all just a dream. 

He feels sad, hurt, angry, pain and all the othe negative feels.

All jumble mumble in once. 

Perhaps, this is what his friends feel when he first walk away from them.

He can`t tell for sure how long he spend his time there in the clinic, looking over things, trying not to cry for being abandon. But then the sun almost set. He walked out to see the vast sky and the people around slowly get inside, not wanting to wander around the the dark. It is easily to get infected that way when you can`t see clearly. He was about to go inside too, to rest and think over everything else tomorrow. 

But then, he heard the familiar footsteps. 

"Yang Yoseop!"

And Yoseop closed his eyes over his sealed fate. 

____________________________________________________________________________________

I have a question before I started on Mystic, should I write with the original 6 members or only 5? Because... yeah... you know what I mean, right? I had to kill Seung in order to cope with the reality but then for Mystic, I am not very sure. Thoughts? 

Love, Mera.