XIV

But, He's Sweet.

***P.S guys this is like a couple weeks after the events from the last update and Clare and Yuichi haven't talked, but i forgot to mention that in this chapter so blehhhck. it was fair to let you know... NOW GET READING!***

I doubled over and groaned in pain, limping to the bathroom trying not to wake Koki. I saw blood seeping from my pants as soon as I turned the light on and you'd think I'd be relieved having an idea of what my sickness was from.

I didn't.

Something in me screamed for help, that this was wrong. It wasn't my period but something much worse and far more dangerous. Somehow  I just felt it. However I changed my clothes and such as if it were and went to wake Koki.

"Babe," I gently shook him. "Wake up."

Hmm?" He moaned and turned to face me, quickly sitting up. "What's wrong?"

"I think I need to go to the E.R." I whimpered, he jumped out of bed.

***At the hospital.***

It wasn't possible. It just wasn't, it had to be some sort of April fools joke. But it was September and I wasn't even sure the Japanese did that.

"Would you like me to call the young man back in?" The doctor asked with a gentle voice, I nodded and sat in silence waiting for Koki to come and join me.

"Hey, what did he say was wrong?" The rapper approached me cautiously, I decided I would tell him later, when we were alone.

"Can you call Clare and Yuichi-kun?" He nodded and left the room to call, I would tell him just right now I needed my best friend.

"They're on their way, do you want to tell me what happened?"

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I rushed in the hallway the nurse directed me too, only to stop upon seeing Yuichi seated outside the door. He looked up when I cleared my throat.

"She sleeping?" I asked, looking everywhere but him.

"They're having a private conversation, listen Clare about the other night-" I cut him off by holding my hand up.

"I heard what you said, I'm not your girlfriend. End of story, right?" I finally looked him in the eyes, sincerity quickly turning to frustration.

"Wrong!" I scoffed and turned to walk away but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back using a force I had no idea he had. "I told them that I loved you and there was absolutely nothing they could do about it! But I guess I was wrong when I said we were going to spend the rest our lives with each other!"

I was shocked at what he was saying, was it true? I searched his eyes afor anything other than the truth, I found nothing.

"Really?" My voice came out small and meak, his grip on my wrist loosened and he nodded. SO, maybe I should have stayed and listened.

"I love you, Clare." He whispered, I smiled and leaped on him with a hug. I had my Yuichi back. He gladly held me in his arms and kissed my face, everywhere over and over again.

"I love you too." I said into his shoulder.

"Guys?" We heard Mari's voice through the door signalling us to come in.

I laced my fingers with the beatboxer's and wlaked into the room, upon seeing Mari intears I abandoned Yuichi and ran to hug her.

"It's gone, Clare! She's gone, I wasn't a good enough mother!" She weeped into my hair, I patted and rubbed her back.

"What are you talking about Mari-san?" Yuichi asked cautiously, Koki sighed and walked over to us.

"When Mari was sick it wasn't a stomach flu, she was pregnant and none os us knew. Last night she woke me up and we just found out she miscarriaged. The doctor said she was about one month along." He choked on the last sentence, Yuichi patted him on the back lightly and pulled him in for a quick hug.

"It's all my fault!" Mari cried again.

"It is not! Marielle-Jeanette Ligran you had no clue and that is not your fault!" I said drawing away to look her in the eyes. She sniffled and nodded, although I was quite surprised she was this distraught I comforted her.

Ever since forever Mari had always said she didn't want to have her own kids, that she "wasn't going to rip her open for a kid who won't appreciate in ten years anyway! Some other er could do that!" So when she turned sixteen she got her tubes tied and that was the end of it. 

Wait a minute, how was she pregnant if her tubes were tied? I voiced my question and she choked on a sob before answering.

"I guess when I got them done they weren't done correctly and they came undone? I don't know some like that and now it's possible to get pregnant and I did but now it's gone!" She collapsed into me again letting all of her cries out into my hair.

"Shh, Mari-chan. It'll be okay, you can try again. Now that you know that it's possible. Right?" Yuichi said approaching us softly, I quickly recognized that he was trying really hard to console her. He always called her Mari-chan when she was upset.

 

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

ohkay so im not a doctor (or a mother) so im not sure how that whole pregnancy thing works and i just kind of went off what i thought made sense? anyway hope you liked it! new chapter will no doubt be up by this weekend.