IX

But, He's Sweet.

A/N The picture is Clare.

 

 

When I woke up my body was freezing from falling asleep not fully dry and only in my bra and underwear.

"Mari?" Clare walked in to my room wearing a pretty skirt and glittery tank top.

"Huh? What's up?" I sat up, holding my groggy head.

"What should I wear for my date with Yuichi?" She looked innocent and child-like, I pulled sweatpants on and walked across our apartment to our room.

"Aren't you worried someone is gonna see you without a shirt on?" She asked looking at me from her closet.

"No, should I? This way I get to show of my piercings." I said playing with the chains on my belly ring.

"Everyone knows about your belly button ring, they can see it through your tight tank tops." She said, the sound of her moving hangers made me cringe.

"But not everyone knows about my hips." I said still playing with the shiny metal.

"HUH!?"

"See?" She ran over to examine my hips, the tiny rings shining under her luminescent lights, she gaped cringing at the pain she thought she would go through if she had gotten them.

"Are those new?" She looked up at me, I nodded.

"Koki bought em' for me." I stopped right after the words left my mouth, I still didn't wanna think about Koki.

"Hmm, you two are getting pretty serious huh?" She returned to her closet, I just nodded. I had texted him to meet me tomorrow so we could talk. My plan would be executed then.

Once Clare finally found something suitable I walked into the kitchen to grab a Clif Builders bar, my phone vibrated on my waist. I flipped the phone open, not recognizing the number and answering cautiously.

"Hello?"

"Ligran-san, it's Kumiko." My bosses secretary spoke through the phone.

"Ah, Kumiko-san. What's wrong?" I asked taking another bite of my bar.

"Sorry to call you on your day off but... the boss wanted to know if he could switch you to night shifts?" I pondered on her question a bit before finally saying yes. I was always more awake at night anyways... and besides, this could be the perfect excuse to distance myself from the man I was possibly in love with.


"Hey." Mari stood in the kitchen doorway, eating on of her engery bars.

"Mm?" I asked putting my earrings on, they were a beautiful blue diamond. Yuichi had bought them for me.

"I'm breaking up with Koki." She said, I stopped in my tracks. Why? She had liked him so much...

"Why? Is he a loser in bed?" I joked, trying to mask my immense confusion.

"Ha ha, no. He is a tiger in the sack. I like him too much." Okay, now she was really starting to confuse me.

"I'm totally following you." I looked at her, she had decided to put on a tank top. Refreshing.

"I don't want to get hurt with this one, Clare... I like him too much." She sat down on the couch and let seriousness take her over. I sighed and sat next to her.

"Look, I know I may be naive when it comes to men but I honestly don't think Koki is like the other ones." I patted her back upon seeing a small tear escape her eye. Mari rarely cried, so the fact that she was crying now meant she really did love Koki.

"I just love him so much..." Her head fell onto my shoulder as she let her tears flow freely now. I hugged her, I had only seen Mari cry one other time in her life... when her dad left. Who knows how much pain she has been battling over this... why can't she just let Koki in?


REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY SORRY MINNA~ hontoni... I didn't mean anything by it. I just couldn't figure out where this was going to go. but now i got it so here ya go. next chapter will be rated. just a heads up oh and THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL MY SUBSCRIBERS AND FRIENDS FOR SUPPORTING MY FANFICS:D

oh and please request for my new fanfic. (read my blog)