VIII

But, He's Sweet.

A/N the picture is Mari.

 

Waking up next to Yuichi was the greatest feeling in the world, his rest-filled face lying right next to mine. (And occasionally over mine in a protectful position. I loved waking up and finding his arms wrapped around me.)

I let out a moan while I stretched, which didn't go unnoticed by Yuichi, he woke up and looked at me in the matter of about a millisecond. I laughed and readjusted my hair before looking down at him.

"Your pretty in the morning." He said, his still sleep filled eyes gazed into mine.

"Your sweet in the morning." He nodded yes.

"And in the afternoon." He nodded again.

"And at night." He laughed and readhed his arms out to grab my waist and pull me down to cuddle with him.

"How many times a day am I sweet?" I just laughed, he wrapped his arms around me. I buried my head into his chest, taking in his scent. He had the best scent, so amazing it was indescribable.

"Yuichi, How long have we been dating?" I asked, actually I knew the answer, I just wanted to make sure he did too.

"Mmmm, long enough for me to fall in love with you." He mumbled into the nape of my neck, the words hadn't hit me until I replayed the sentence in my head. He was in love with me!? I vocalized my thoughts, shooting up.

"YOU'RE IN LOVE WITH ME!?" He laughed a little and sat up next to me.

"I fell in love with you from the moment in my car." He looked at me seriously, so I wasn't the only one feeling like that.

I couldn't think of anything to say so I just kissed him, hard. Attacking him, He layed down and kissed me back. I wanted to keep going but I knew I had to get ready for work, breaking the kiss was especially hard though.

"Where you going?" Yuichi asked as I got out his bed and started to get dressed.

"I have work in like two hours." I looked at his face, y and dark covered by the blanket of dim light shining into his room.

"Let's go out to dinner tomorrow night." He said keeping his eyes locked on me.

"It's a date." I said leaning in to kiss him, not wanting to leave.

I drove home and was greeted by Mari sitting outside the apartment.

"What are you doing?" I asked walking up to the sluped over figure.

"Waiting, I forgot my key." She said standing up, I noticed her hair was dissheveld and her jeans wrapped around her legs in dissarray.

"So how's Koki?" I asked snickering and walking past her to open the door. She scoffed.

"I could ask you the same thing about Yuichi. You know I think your bed misses you." She teased shutting the door behind her.

"Shush. Let's just get ready, I call shower first!" I ran to the bathroom and locked the door behind me, knowing if I didn't Mari would force me out and shower first. That's what about having a two bedroom apartment with one shared bathroom.


While Clare was taking her shower I went to stand in front of my mirror, inspecting the damage Koki's lips had done to my neck. Small red spots dotted my neck and chest.

"Ugh, the man is a beast." I said dapping concealer over the spots. I sounded mean when I said it, annoyed but truth was I loved it.

Out of all the guys who had ever 'claimed their love to me' or 'taken me as their own'. Koki was the one I had the strongest feeling for. He was different, not just in the way that I was extremely attracted to him but mentally I felt we connected. Which is why I had to do what I was doing, erasing him.

Tomorrow, I would tell him we needed space. Hopefully he would agree and we would slowly distance ourselves from each other, slowly and slowly until he had no choice but to dump me for some other woman that was worth his love and affection. I couldn't risk getting hurt by this man, I loved him too much to get that attached and then have him break my heart. I'll be damned if that happens to me twice.

"Mari?" Clare appeared at my door, her wet hair laying on her towel-clad shoulders. "What's wrong?" I put away the small tube of skin colored liquid and nodded.

"Nothing, seriously." She shrugged and walked out, I sughed and went to turn on the stereo. The Pretty Reckless filled our apartment, blasting throught the speakers.

Now that you're gone, my life is moving on.

Now that you're gone, my life is moving on.

Now that you're gone, my life is moving on.

I belted out next to Taylor Momsen's voice, it wasn't exactly soothing music but it clamed me down. You could say I'm pretty backwards when it comes to things like that.

Keeping the stereo as high as it was I undressed and got into the hot shower, the warmth taking over my crawling skin. Lyrics I could relate too always did that to me. I sang along to more of TPR as I rid my body of sins and impurities (all of which were given to me by Koki.) I quickly shok his name out of my head, I didn't want to think about him. The more I did, the more it would hurt when I lost him. That was a devastaing thought, it was written all over my face. I inspected myself in the mirror, my make-up less face pale and freckled. My wet hair waving on my , my eyes showing signs of despair in their odd maroon color. I glared to my soul through that mirror, backing away without blinking until I fell backwards onto my bed. Watching my ceiling fan turn and turn and turn and turn and turn and turn...

and turn...

and turn...

and....

turn.