XIII

But, He's Sweet.

From now on english will be italisized and japanese will be regular, that damn button is so annoying!

 

***At the party***

I walked in feeling like a million bucks... or maybe six? Alright so I felt good before, while Yuichi was praising me to the high heavens but just as soon as I arrived and saw all the wealthy woman in their Givenchy pumps and Swarvoski crystals I quickly felt like trailer trash in a 90's prom dress.

"You look beautiful." Yuichi whispered into my ear before kissing my temple. Sometimes it was like he could read my thoughts. "Ah!" 

"What?" I started to examine my deep purple dress for any flaws, or nip slips. 

"There's Mari-san and Koki." He said pointing to a round table at the far side of the room, Koki was dressed in a suit much like Yuichi's with a cherry red tie, the same shade as Mari's acessories. She wore a silver sequined long dress with small cutouts just under her line, red peep toe pumps, cherry red lipstick and a red streak through her platinum blonde hair. She easily outdid me in my purple gown and black heels, my hair pulled back with a couple of bobby pins trying to tame the wild curls I decided to let free.

"Hello there, love birds." Koki snickered while looking at mine and Yuichi's intertwined fingers. Mari sat on his lap with her head nuzzled in the crook of his neck probably trying to hide her half-lidded eyes, she hadn't been feeling good the past few days. Nausea and overhunger.

"Shut up." Yuichi blushed while looking away but squeezed my hand, I squeezed back. "So where are your parents?" He asked looking back to the seated couple.

"Dad took Mom to get some punch and dramimine for Mari, she still doesn't feel good." He said rubbing her back, as I looked closer she was looking a little worse and holding her stomach.

"Ah, so they like her?" Yuichi concluded.

"Of course, who wouldn't?" The rapper said with pride, he glowed whenever talking about Mari, and she smiled a bit. "So where are your parents, Yu-chan." He elbowed Yuichi lightly, trying not to stir his sick girlfriend.

"Mari, hun?" I held her exposed shoulder lightly, she felt hot to the touch. She lifted her head a bit and groaned puppy-like. Mari only groaned when she was in serious pain, this must be getting to her big time. "Want me to take you to the bathroom?" She nodded and shifted her weight from Koki to me.

"I'll knock when my mom gets back with the medicine kay babe?" Koki kissed her hair before helping her to me, she nodded and started to crawl slowly to the bathroom with my support.

 

We made it safely without her hurling but as soon as she saw a toilet she couldn't hold it, I jumped to hold her hair back as she emptied the contents of her stomach into the porclein bowl.

"Shh, it's ohkay honey. Let it out." I softly rubbed her back as I lulled her. I had just finished tying her hair up with a silly band when I heard a knock and a faint voice speaking.

"Excuse me," I looked back and saw a tiny woman who resembled Koki by more than just a little. "I'm Mrs. Tanaka, Koki's mom. I have some medicine for Mari-san, do you mind?" I nodded and let her through figuring she could do better than I.

"Thanks, I don't handle sickness very well." I chuckled and stepped back to splash some water on my face only to stop as I realized I still had a whole night and having no makeup on wasn't going to do me very good.

"Mari-san, calm down. Your okay now, let it out." She lulled my best friend with a soothing voice until all of Mari's stomach bile was in the toilet and flushed.

"Thank you Tanaka-san." She said groggily while spitting in the sink some water.

"Please, call me Okaa-san. You are now my daughter, even if my son hasn't proposed. I'll make him marry a darling like you." She smiled, I giggled and hugged Mari from the side.

"You good?"  She nodded yes and hugged me back.

"Okaa-san, this is my best friend slash sister, Clare-chan. She's dating Nakamaru-san." Mari introduced me, I held out my hand and bowed to Mrs. Tanaka.

"Does Yuichi's mom know?" She whispered to Mari. I didn't stick around too long after that for I didn't wanna stick around too long in the bathroom that still reminded me of vomit.

"Hi," I walked up to Koki and sat down in the seat next to him where Yuichi set my purse.

"Hey, she okay now?" He asked looking worried, I smiled and nodded watching him exhale.

"Where's Yuichi?" I asked looking around.

"Talking about something with his parents, they like, just got here." The man said already stuffing his face full of meat. I nodded and watched as Mari reclaimed her spot on Koki's lap. He turned away from his food and returned the nuzzle in her neck, they were the picture of cuteness in a couple.

 

I left the couple to go look for Yuichi and found him sitting with his angry looking parents in the courtyard. I overheard enough of the conversation to catch up quickly.

"She's NINETEEN, Yuichi. You are twenty-eight, I cannot accept this." His mother said sternly while shaking her head in a disapproving gesture.

"Mother, you're jumping to conclusions. Please let me explain. She's not my girlfriend!" He said, I felt the tears stinging in my eyes, threatening to fall. I clasped my hand over my mouth.

"Then what is she?" His father spoke up. I wanted to know, but I couldn't stay any longer. I ran back inside, grabbed my purse and ran out ignoring my best friend's concerned laced tone despite her sickness. I couldn't stay, I ran out of the building and to the car, trying to wipe my eyes so I could get home without crashing Yuichi's SUV. (Even though I kind of wanted too.)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY BEST FRIEND!?" I shoved the tiny man against a wall, sure I still felt quesy but I just watched my best friend leave crying and her boyfriend walk in with a guilty expression after I told him. This was not okay.

"Mari, he can't tell you if he's dead." Koki said behind me, I reasoned with him and set the man down and out of my grip. Koki quickly hugging me from behind just to lock my arms in place. As they say, bros before hoes. (but let me assure I am most definitely not a hoe.)

"My mom was arguing with me so I told her that Clare wasn't my girlfriend-" I tried to launch at him again, struggling tog et out of Koki's restraint. "I TOLD HER SHE WAS THE LOVE OF MY LIFE AND THERE WAS NOTHING SHE COULD DO ABOUT IT!" He squealed ducking behind his hands, prepared for whatever I was going to unleash on him. 

I quickly settled back into Koki feeling very lightheaded and content with the man's answer.

"Babe, I don't feel good. Can we go home?" I asked with my best puppy dog eyes, he nodded and walked me to the car.

***At Koki's***

"You sure you don't wanna go home and comfort her?" He asked while rubbing my back, we were lying on his couch lazily.

"No, she likes to be alone when she's upset. I'll talk to her tomorrow." I mumbled into his chest, his t-shirt smelling of pure Koki as opposed to stuffy old rich people, I made him change and give me something to wear to get more comfortable. I currently sat in a oversized Break The Records t-shirt and a pair of his old boxers. Both comforting me with his scent, he lulled me while humming 'Blue Tuesday'

"You gonna tell her? About what Yu-chan said I mean," He asked before continuing the soothing song.

"Nah, it's better if they work this out themselves. That way they can have really good make-up and have even more beautful children with cute faces and fish lips and mad beatboxing skills but y cooking skills." I giggled into his chest, he laughed back.

"Yeah, with their luck they'll have a kid just like Tat-chan. That man has some serious lips, and a girl face. But he can't beatbox and i'm not even sure he can cut a vegetable." He giggled, we sat there laughing for a while until I fell asleep to the echoing hum of his heart.

 

 

 

A/N: Do you love me? No? Boo): well, I'm back and I have an idea where the story is going again!!!!!! YAAAAYY! and uh-oh Mari-chan is sick? well, you'll see where that goes, and stupid Maru's mom. what a . well actually i don't know but it worked like that in the story so YAAAAAAAAAY! love y'all keep reading when i update seriously, it's gonna get good.