Part 8

There is no 'we' in You and I

 “Did you cook all of these?” Jin asks while watering over the delicious foods sprawled on the table.

“Na’ah, we just ordered it out.” Jungkook is being honest but Jimin slapped his shoulder in respond. “Yah! You shouldn’t have told him that.” Jimin whispers, only to get a soft laughter from Jin and others since they still can hear it.

Two weeks after their first time together, Taehyung , the first person Jimin met to share his good news, couldn’t stop blushing whenever he recalled back the night, had suggested to make a housewarming party but unfortunately he couldn’t attend it because Taehyung had another appointment.

So, the housewarming party day has come and Jimin, being the one who is not good in cooking had nearly burnt the house in the process of making dinner. The last resort was to order out from the nearest restaurant. The party was actually a tradition for a newlywed couple to invite their closest relatives and friends but Jungkook had another reason as to why he agreed to do it when Jimin asked him one day. Jimin is about to know it later.

“It’s okay, Jimin-ah, everyone knows you can’t cook.”

“Ah, hyung. I’m learning it now.” Jimin replies back to Hoseok. Jungkook, the one who being clingy to Jimin the moment they opened the door to their guest, remains silent, giving Hoseok a small smile while holding Jimin’s waist firmly, always bringing Jimin closer to him.

They eat while enjoying the delightful taste of the food while chatting happily. Sometimes, Jungkook, Namjoon and Hoseok will drift to talking about work and Jin or Yoongi will scold them, forcing them to stop discussing about work.

“Jimin-ah, I-I have friend working at kindergarten and she is looking for someone who can teach art to her student. And I think it suited you. What do you say?” Jin had dragged Jimin along with him to the kitchen when they were sitting in the living room after dinner, asking him to help preparing for some snack. Jimin is taken aback by that but followed nevertheless.

His eyes sparkle with joy. “Really?” Jimin can’t stop the grin from forming. Jin nods, feeling happy too. “But-but I have to ask Jungkook first.” The once excited and happy voice turned to sad and dejected.

“I’m sure—“

“You can help her.” Both Jimin and Jin heads snap towards the voice at the same time. Jungkook is standing at the doorframe, crossing his arm while smiling.

“Really?” and that happy and bubbly voice make it’s comeback. Once Jimin gets a nods from Jungkook, he runs straight to Jungkook’s arm, hugging him tightly leaving no space for Jungkook to breath. But Jungkook hug him back, warm and secure.

“Thank you.” Jimin kisses Jungkook’s jaw since that is the only place that he can reach in such position.

“You’re welcome.” They hugged each other, rocking from left to the right and to the left again, savouring the peaceful moment, oblivious of the awkward tension they had put Jin in. Jin counts to ten before coughing to signal them that he is still there. They pull apart while blushing and Jin gives Jungkook a relief smile before walking to the living room.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Can you please stay home today?” Jungkook pleads, holding Jimin’s hand tightly, stopping him from changing.

This is what Jimin yearned for a long time. Jungkook is being sweet to him, no more harsh word and the important thing is Jungkook can’t stop from being clingy. There will be Jungkook near Jimin all the time, holding his hip while hooking his chin on Jimin’s shoulder. And that is most precious moment that Jimin cherished so deeply.

But as much as he loved how soft and warm Jungkook’s hand on his hand, Jimin needs to start getting ready for real since Jin will be arrived any minute from now. The appointment or a promise to company Jin to the shopping mall had been made for weeks but he couldn’t make it because Jimin was unwell for the past weeks. So, once he confirmed that his body is no longer sick, Jimin promised to spend time with Jin on the weekend.

“I’ll be back before dinner. I’l promise.” Jimin raises his small, like making a pledge but moved to cup Jungkook’s face after that, smiling to the cute pout on Jungkook’s lips before leaning down to kiss it away.

“You’ll forget about me and leave me to die alone. Jin-hyung is an evil, you know that.”

What more can he say to that childish whiny rather than to just laugh it out loud. But, Jungkook laughed at that too, nonetheless.

“I need to go now. I love you, okay?” Jungkook catches Jimin’s hand again even before he could turn around to walk to the door.

“Hug me, please.” The cute puppy-lost look on Jungkook’s face make Jimin wanted to coo and cancelled his outing with Jin but that’s not how it supposed to happen.

“Promise to let me go after that, okay?” Jimin holds his pinky finger to Jungkook.

What a baby. Jimin thought but he still hugged Jungkook, bringing him closer to his embrace. Jungkook smiles when his cheek meets with Jimin’s stomach, obviously underneath his shirt. Before that, Jungkook was sitting at the edge of the bed, watching Jimin while he was getting ready but stopped him when Jimin walked passed him. Jungkook holds Jimin while savoring the moment, not wanting to let Jimin go but when Jimin patted his shoulder, Jungkook released him since he had promised it earlier.

“Are you getting fat? Your belly feels so mushy and pillowy.”

“YAH!” Well, Jungkook gets a small punch to his chest in return. He didn’t mean it to tease Jimin but he asked out of curious because Jimin’s stomach didn’t feel fit like how it used to.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To say that the shopping mall was too big for them to explore is very underrated since Jimin and Jin had done it more than once but the level of tiredness this time is too overwhelm, at least to Jimin because Jin seemed so fine, talking happily, never lose his breath.

It feels like they have been walking for hours whereas it only been one hour since they arrived there. Jimin’s leg is starting to hurt, so he asked Jin to stop for a while at the nearby bench. Walking for one hour non-stop is nothing to a young man like Jimin and Jin but what Jimin couldn’t understand is that why it’s started to be a thing, and it’s not a good thing. Is he getting older? Or something is wrong with his body?

“Jimin, are you okay?”

“I’m okay. Just tired.” Even Jin can sense something is odd on Jimin.

“Okay, how about this, what if we grab a quick lunch before I send you home back?”

“But-but---“

“No but. Now, let’s go.” His heart wanted to continue shopping, like buying something to decorate their home or buying a couple mug for him and Jungkook to use later but feeling how tired he is, Jimin reluctantly follows JIn to the nearest restaurant.

The top reason why Jimin loved having Jin as his shopping partner is that Jin Is someone who knows how to value a thing. A good thing or item is not a must to be shiny or glittery or expensive but its fall in between having a sentimental value and having a deep meaning behind it.

Ah! I want to shop more.” He whines while waiting for their food.

“It’s okay. We still have next time. Just call me and I’ll be ready for you.” Jin assured, patting Jimin’s hand to comfort him. “How about---“

“Jin-hyung?” someone interrupts them.

The voice from that someone sound unfamiliar but that someone face is so familiar to Jimin as it was the face that he once had jealous of so much. That face was the one who one had held Jungkook’s love, Jungkook’s happiness and Jungkook’s future even before Jimin could lay his eyes on him.

“Jaehoon?” and of course that name sounds closer and friendly in Jin’s voice. “What are you doing here?”

“Oh! I’m meeting a friend here.” Upon realising that Jin is not alone, Jaehoon turned to greet Jimin too. “Hi, Jimin-shi.”

“H-hi. How-how do you know my name?” The confident and arrogant Jimin is long gone. The way Jaehoon pronounced his name with no grudge and envy at all makes him to feel so small and guilty. So, did Jimin expected some outburst here and there from Jaehoon, like cursing him or landing him one or two punches on his face?

“That the least I should’ve know about you.” And that is the exact point that Jimin had searched for. Jaehoon is a good man and now he knows why Jungkook loved this man. Jaehoon is so the opposite of Jimin, can still smiling to the person who had stolen his boyfriend whereas Jimin for sure will kill that person if he ever crossed path with him.

Maybe I am the bad guy.

Maybe I’m not supposed to be with Jungkook.

Maybe I—

“Jimin! Jimin!” The shake from Jin snapped him back to the real time. “Are you okay?”

“I-I’m okay.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to Hoseok, Sunday morning is the second best morning right after Saturday since he can rest for as long as he wanted without being disturbed by anyone accept for his boyfriend, Yoongi that sometime stay overnight but for today, Yoongi is having another schedule to attend. Every maid in the house knows that Hosoek will only eat at lunch so practically morning is their rest time too but then someone rings the doorbell as earlier as 7.00 Am.

“Jimin-shi?” the old maid in the house opened the door to see Jimin in front of it with a big luggage beside him. She made her waty for Jimin to step in before grabbing the luggage from Jimin.

“It’s okay. Just leave it there.” Jimin stops her from bringing it inside. “Ahjumma, can you please clean my room. I’ll be staying here from now on.” Jimin gets an intense stare from that ahjumma in return like he has grown another pair of head. Well, no one can blame her either because this is the first time she heard word please from Jimin.

“Ahjumma..” Jimin trails, walking to the living room while carrying his bag.

“Oh! Oh! I’m sorry. I’ll go now.”

It takes about 20 minutes to clean Jimin’s bedroom. In the meantime he stays at the living room and right after the old lady had cleaned his bed, Jimin take a nap there, not bothering to take a shower since he left Jungkook’s house right after he waked up.

It’s already pass 11.00 Am when Hoseok waked up from his good sleep. He waked up, take a shower, reading news online, stretching his limb and lastly Hoseok send a text message to Yoongi, informing him that he already awake. He can smell the good smell aroma from the kitchen, so Hoseok follows that smell. Happily taking his seat.

“Ahjumma, why there is an extra plate today? Yoongi-hyung won’t be coming here today?” The ahjumma sweats in her position, stuttering to let out any voice.

“It’s for me.” Like planned, Jimin enters the kitchen.

“What are you doing here, Jimin? And where is Jungkook?”

“I’m moving in.”

“Wait! Why—“

“ don’t want to live with him anymore.”

“WHAT!"