Part 4

There is no 'we' in You and I

Jungkook has been treating Jimin a lot better after that night Jimin got sick, not locking his room any more, subtly allowing Jimin to sleep on his bed at night, even though he always pretending to fall in deep sleep whenever Jimin sneaked into his room and be all grumpy in the morning, faking his annoyance when Jimin kissed his forehead in the morning before he waked up to make a breakfast, something like “Your breath stink” or “Eww, you drool on me” along the way but Jungkook secretly enjoying it, smiling in his sleep but of course hide it from Jimin.

Jimin’s second week living with Jungkook had stepped into another level. Before he used to receive a cold shoulder from Jungkook but now everything started to change drastically. The first time Jungkook eat his breakfast that Jimin had made for him almost, almost giving Jimin a heart attack. Jungkook eat the food that he made and Jimin is already flying to the heaven.

And when he received a call one afternoon from Jungkook, inviting him for a lunch, Jimin is sure that he had died and is living in the heaven by that time.

“Are you starting to fall in love with me?” Jimin asks during the lunch and he gets a cough and a disbelieving look back from Jungkook.

“Okay, Jimin-shi. First of all, I’m a human and right now I am treating you like one. Second, I don’t want you to get sick anymore because it’s so troublesome and lastly, I did this because Hoseok-hyung asked me to take care of you because clearly his brother is too kid to take care of himself.” Jungkook answers with so much seriousness.

They stared at each other in silence and Jungkook catches something that he should have not, the sad light in Jimin’s eyes. He fidgets in his seat, starting to regret his choice of word, blaming his foul mouth to choose a harsh word.

Jimin closes his eyes for a second while taking a deep breath. “Yeah! Yeah! Jungkook-shi, whatever you say. But now I’m on the winning side and you are losing. At least I got to be with someone that I love.” Jungkook had heard Jimin’s love confession a lot before, every morning after breakfast, during lunch and also before he sleep but none of it had done something to his heart like right now. It’s hurt so much to hear it like someone had pierced a sharp arrow through his heart but give some sort of tingling sensation to his body, a high feeling out of excitement, maybe because he can feel the honesty in those words not that Jungkook is starting to like Jimin. The only thing that he will admit if somebody ask him about Jimin is that he didn’t find Jimin to be super annoying anymore.

“And I will, soon.” And Jungkook didn’t have any control on what had come out from his mouth. He didn’t mean it to sound like he will fight to be with his lover again but it just that Jimin’s confident and arrogant look had riled him a bit, like mocking his poor love story ending.

But well, let says that Jungkook had messed with a wrong person when a smirk, too evil to his liking is what he got in return along with sentences that had send a shiver down to his spine.

“You’re right. At the end you’ll beg for my love and admit defeated. But just so you know, I will never take back thing that I’ve lost interest in it. Better keep that in your mind. Start to love me now or you’ll regret it later.” Jungkook is too stunned and surprised to reply back while Jimin continues to eat like nothing had happened.

Later, at night, Jungkook can’t sleep, too deep in thinking about what Jimin had said earlier. Will he fall in love with Jimin? What if Jimin break his heart once that happen?

“No! No!” Jungkook shakes his head. “Back to earth Jungkook, you will never falling in love to Jimin, never.” He sighs heavily that echoed in his room.

Jungkook was trying to sleep, counting the sheep in his mind when someone opened his door. It’s Jimin that he recognized in second just by smelling his scent. Don’t get him wrong, Jungkook is not a ert or something like that but Jimin has this tendency to spray perfume before he went to sleep that Jungkook often smell it when Jimin is right beside him.

Like always, Jimin will take the empty side, scoots closer to Jungkook before hugging his side and then fall asleep. Hearing Jimin’s calm and slow breathing sound had Jungkook to close his eyes too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple days after that, Jungkook went home early but no one was there to greet him because Jimin had gone out to shopping and having dinner with Jin outside. So, he cooked ramyeon before choosing a movie to watch. Luckily, there is no one to hear his sigh because for sure, anyone could die just by feeling how lonely he was.

Usually, Jimin will be there to annoy him that Jungkook finds it interesting and enjoying sometimes but he was too egoistic to admit it.

But then he hears clicking sound from outside. Jungkook straighten his back, pretending to enjoy the movie when Jimin walked to sit beside him. 10 seconds has passed but nothing is happening. Not that Jungkook is expecting a warm hug or a kiss from Jimin but just that is the usual thing Jimin will do.

It’s odd, so Jungkook turned to his side, to meet with a pair of eyes that hold some meaning behind that mystery stare and it’s shiny. Is that a tear? Why Jimin looked so sad?

“Ji—“ Jungkook can’t finish when he felt a body crashing to his own.

“Are…are you okay?” Jimin nods and hug him tighter than before.

Jungkook is having a dilemma whether to hug Jimin back or not. Some part of him wanted to ignore it because Jimin is nothing to him but then another part of Jungkook wanted to comfort Jimin, wanting to pat his back, giving him all the assurance that Jimin need.

But after 5 minutes when Jungkook had already made up his mind  to comfort Jimin, he retreated his hand back when Jimin released him in sudden before standing up.

“Okay! I’ve re-energized my energy back. Now, it’s time to take a shower.” Jimin says before walking to his room but only after giving a small peck to Jungkook’s cheek.

Then, when one specific person who liked to disturb Jungkook’s sleep is not coming to sleep in his room that night, Jungkook finds it hard to close his eyes. Not that he is used to the warm and comfortable feeling when Jimin hugged him to sleep but that is what he seek for at the moment.

Jungkook waked up with dark circles.

“Good morning.” Jimin greets him like nothing really had happened last night, all bubby and cheerful.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Jin-hyung, did something wrong happen to Jimin last night?” Jungkook called Jin when he arrived at the office.

(“Nothing happened. Why?”)

“Just that he looked sad after he went shopping with you.” His voice is full with concern and curious.

(“Ah….that. Look, Jungkook, I know you don’t love Jimin but I hope that you can give him more attention because he really needed it. Treat him better and maybe you’ll like him.”

“Hyung—“

(“I know, Jungkook. I know and I understand that it’s hard to love someone that had destroy your relationship but Jimin deserved your attention and love too because he is yours now. Just remember that.”) Jin cuts him before he can whine more about that matter.

“I-I…okay. I’ll try.”

Jungkook doesn’t understand why Jin had asked him to pay more attention to Jimin since he never interferes in Jungkook’s marriage life before. Something clearly did happen last night that only Jin had witnessed it.

Everything started when Jin was having a dinner with Jimin. Jin had excused himself to the restroom, leaving Jimin for a few minutes. But then when he was walking  back to their table, a kid, aged around 4 to 5 years old, who was running in the restaurant had collided with Jimin that had him to drop his food to his lap. Luckily there was a napkin on his lap to cover the food from staining his jean.

Jin expected a yell from Jimin since that boy had disturb and making his cloth dirty but he never guessed that Jimin would just smile at that boy while patting his head.

“I’m really really sorry. I-I…let me pay for your meal.” The mother came to apologies and gets a smile in return.

“No! No! It’s okay. Don’t mind it. Besides, your son is so cute and I seemed to can’t get mad at him.”

“Thank you. You’ll be a great parent in future.”

Then, Jimin face dropped to sad but still smiling at her. “I-I can’t get pregnant. Something is not right with me.” With us. With him and Jungkook.

Jimin’s dream of family consisted of a loving husband, obviously Jungkook and also two cute kids but seeing how cold Jungkook to him shattered his dream into pieces. Not that something is wrong with his body that can’t get him pregnant but Jimin needed Jungkook’s love first to make his dream comes true.

“I’m sorry,”

“It’s okay.”

Jin came to his seat and acted like he hadn’t listened to everything. Jimin went back to his usual self but somehow the sad look was still on him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Jungkook went to the office, Jimin continues to sleep because he can’t sleep too last night. He really wanted to go and sleep with Jungkook but he was too ashamed since he almost, nearly to cry in Jungkook’s arm last night.

He was dreaming about Jungkook, not a wet dream or something near that but just a sweet dream where Jungkook had asked him out for a date when someone rang the doorbell. Jimin intended to ignore it but it keeps on ringing, forcing him to wake up to open it.

With a messy hair and an annoyed face, Jimin opened the door to meet with a good looking man in front of him who had smiled so brightly to Jimin.

“Hi, I’m Taehyung. Your new neighbour.”

“Oh! Hi.” Jimin greets him back and ready to close his door.

“Can we be friends?” Taehyung asks out of nowhere, surprising Jimin with his boldness.

“Sure. My name is Jimin.” Jimin holds his hand out that Taehyung gladly takes it while smiling brightly, again to him.

“We can hang out together sometimes if you feel bored. I can keep you company while waiting for your husband to come home.”

“How do you know that I’m married?”

“Errr…ah!Ah! The ring on your finger.” Taehyung says while pointing to his finger that has his wedding ring on it. Jimin did catch the stutter but he just shrugged it off, still sleepy to care about it. “It must be a wedding ring, right?”

“Yes.”

“Okay, I’m sorry. Got to go now. Bye, see you again.”

“Weirdo.” Jimin comments while closing the door.