Part 3

There is no 'we' in You and I

“Hyung, what are you doing here? Is there something important you want to discuss with me?”

Hoseok takes a seat in front of Jungkook, exhaling a very heavy breath. “Jungkook, I know you don’t like my brother and I’m sorry for forcing you to marry him.”

“Hoseok-hyung, what are you talking about?”

“Jimin, he can’t sleep well in a new environment. Usually I will hug him until he falls to sleep. Did he sleep well at home?”

As a brother that cares so much about Jimin even though his brother is spoiled and annoying at the same time, still Hoseok wants the best for his brother. He wants Jungkook to take his place now, taking care of Jimin, making sure that he will have enough rest, eat on time and have someone to offer Jimin a shoulder if he ever feels upset.

“Please, Jungkook-ah, take a good care of my brother. He is the only brother that I have.”

“I-I…..okay.” Jungkook can’t say no or refusing to that request because that pleading look on Hoseok’s face somehow has put him in torn between feeling ashamed and awry.

Jungkook did realise that he had treated Jimin in a harsh way, rejecting Jimin’s attempt to make him breakfast in the morning, going out of his office before lunch and staying at the office until late at night.

All of those mean things Jungkook did were because of the hatred in him towards Jimin for destroying Jungkook’s relationship with his boyfriend. But after all, deep down in his heart, Jungkook knew it wasn’t Jimin fault because the decision to marry Jimin was purely from him himself. No one had forced or had influenced him to do so.

After that conversation with Hoseok, Jungkook promised him to take care of Jimin like how a human could do. The clock on the wall shows that it’s already 8.00 PM when Jungkook finished his work. It’s still late but earlier than the past days. He drives home only to meet with Jimin curled into a ball on the couch.

“Jimin, are you okay?” His hair and forehead are damped with sweat and Jimin is breathing heavily, inhaling the air forcefully.

“I-I’m okay.” He opens his eyes to look at Jungkook for a second before closing it shut again because the dizziness had him to see not one but three Jungkook at the same time. “I just had a bad headache. Stop talking, you make my headache go worse.”

Just a few seconds ago, Jimin was lying on the couch, hugging his knee close to his chest before he could feel that he had been lifted into air by a pair of strong arm, not enough energy to protest or to struggle out of the hold, Jimin just lets Jungkook to carry him. He only realised that they are in Jungkook’s car when hearing the engine sound roaring near his ear. Don’t ask how Jungkook can manage to carry Jimin, in bridal style, looking so romantic to a stranger, without tripping or falling down because neither Jungkook nor Jimin has the exact answer. They just arrived safely at Jungkook’s car but Jungkook did pant a bit, not much, since gasping for air is not manly at all.

Jimin stays silent as Jungkook drives to the hospital. Sometimes, Jungkook will sneak peek at Jimin, who had closed his eyes, not moving any inch except for his chest that was moving up and down in sync with his breathing.

“Low blood sugar. Hypoglycemia scientifically, which means that the level of glucose in your blood drops below normal. I’ve run some testing and you are fine without any disease. You don’t have diabetes, so the only cause to this is that you’ve been skipping meals, right?” skipping meal, that words sinks into his brain, finally had realized that he never take the initiative to ask Jimin whether he had eaten or not for the past few days living together.

“But-but I’ve eaten this afternoon with Hoseok-Hyung.”

“How about yesterday or two days back? Did you starve your stomach?” The lack of answer from Jimin had proven the doctor assumption to be right.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the way back home, Jimin had to restrain his lips from smiling or grinning by pretending to fall asleep since he can’t drag his brain away from thinking about how Jungkook had carried him from the house to the hospital and also how good it feels when Jungkook held his waist to support him after meeting the doctor.

His inner self is screaming inside, hoping that Jungkook will allow him to sleep with him together this night but the hope, the dream and the wish fly away along with the wind when Jungkook tucked Jimin, gently of course in bed, In Jimin own room. Jungkook is gone after wrapping Jimin in blanket like a burito, the least from someone who is not good in taking care of people.

“Urgh, I hate him. So dense.” Nah, by hate means love actually.

With a huff, Jimin pulls the blanket up covering his face before closing his eyes. He was about to fall deeper in sleep when his blanket is being lifted in sudden, before he can feel something, warm and big beside him.

Jimin turns, colliding his face with something hard, it’s Jungkook’s chest. “Sleep, Jimin.” Without any further due, Jimin hugs Jungkook’s body, like hugging a big teddy bear, so comfy and fluffy that Jimin drifts to sleep the moment he closed his eyes.

They go to sleep at 1.00 AM only to be waking up at 12.00 PM, just one hour more to complete that half day of sleeping. Jungkook and Jimin are still wrapping in the blanket with Jimin hugging Jungkook tightly and Jungkook hugged him back.

“Ah, so hot.” Jimin groans, still closing his eyes, throwing the blanket away from his body while pushing whatever thing near him including Jungkook. The more Jimin tries to push Jungkook, the harder Jungkook holds him. Jimin’s body heat radiates a cozy wave to Jungkook that makes him to not let go that soft thing, well, thing as to Jungkook’s unconscious mind.

“Go away. Hot.” Jimin kicks Jungkook’s leg first before whining that. Jungkook yelps in pain while opening his eyes, shooting a glare to Jimin. “Why did you kick me?”

“It’s hot. You won’t stop hugging me.” Not having any regret in him, Jimin snap back to Jungkook.

“I did not. I was hugging my pillow when you kick me.”

“Do you see any pillow here?”

Jungkook looks to his left and right to see nothing. The only pillows they have are being used to support their head. He get off the bed, hiding the shame look on his face by walking out of the room but stopping when he was at the door. “Take a shower. We are going out for lunch.”

“Lunch?.....Wait! It’s noon already!” Then realization hits Jimin hard. That’s why he feels so hot because it’s noon. The sun already shine bright outside, birds no longer chirping outside and Jimin can see the sun ray through the curtain.