Part 10

There is no 'we' in You and I

“Tell me that it’s not true.” Jungkook says through gritted teeth and even Hoseok can see how hard Jungkook is trying to ease his trembling. Hoseok wanted to reach Jungkook to hold him from maybe landing his hand on Jimin because there is anger, a flaring one in those eyes, piercing through Jimin’s own eyes.

“Why should I? I don’t want this baby.” Jimin says in return, adding more fuel to the fire but he unconsciously had spilled the truth that Hoseok managed to catch it. But, Jungkook, well, too dense to realize it.

“You-you selfish, Jimin.” One second ago, he was fighting with his own anger but now Jungkook is crying and he didn’t even care if he looked ugly or pathetic.

“Well, that’s who I am. So, don’t waste your time on me anymore.”

Jimin didn’t want to be there anymore, seeing how bad Jungkook is tearing and sobbing make his heart ache in pain too but nothing can be done to reverse thing back to normal. So, the least he could do is walking away from Jungkook but he stops dead on the track when Jungkook hugged him from behind, burying his wet face on Jimin’s shoulder.

“Why did you do this to me? Not after I’ve finally falling in love with you, Jimin. What about our promise, huh? To stay together until death separated us. I-I don’t care if you’d abort our baby. I-I just need you.”

“Oh! Then you mean that you don’t want this baby too?”

“No! No!....” Jungkook shakes his head, rubbing his face to Jimin’s shoulder. “Of course I want it. It’s our baby, my baby.”

Seriously, Hoseok is done with them. He can’t believe that he had to witness the stupidest fight ever in his entire life. And clearly, Hoseok will sue the whole of production of filming if there is scene like that in a movie or drama. Obviously, Jimin had said more than enough for Jungkook to get that the baby is still alive, that Jimin never done the abortion by how many times he had pronounced the baby as this baby while reflexively pointing to his belly. Like, come on Jungkook, don’t be so slow.

And the one point that Hoseok really can’t think the reason behind it is why Jimin kept on hinting to Jungkook about their unborn baby. Okay, so people will subconsciously said whatever in their mind at that time or spilling the truth when they are mad or drunk, but the second time Jimin said it,  he was not in that two states. So, is that a way, a subtle one to make Jungkook realize it?

So, there is only one way to find it that Hoseok could think of. He moved to the kitchen, leaving those two behind and coming back to the living room after 5 minutes with two mugs in his hand. Jimin and Jungkook are still In the same position with Jungkook kept on begging Jimin while Jimin was in the middle of giving in or stay stubborn.

“Hey. Why don’t we sit down and talk nicely. Here, I got drink for everyone. Jimin, Jungkook, sit down now, please.” Hoseok takes his seat back on the couch, following with Jimin and Jungkook. They sit next to each other, too close but yet too far for Jungkook to reach for Jimin’s heart.

“Drink first.” Hoseok pushes the two mugs to Jimin and Jungkook. Jimin takes it, bringing it near his lips before putting it back on the table with a loud thug that it might break the glass table.

“It’s alcohol.” Jimin glares at Hoseok, eyes big and all.

“And?” Hoseok frowns, faking it actually. Jungkook remains silent, puzzled and trying to grab what did Jimin mean by it. He sips his own drink and it’s orange juice.

“Oh my god, Hyung! You could kill my baby. Don’t you know that alcohol is bad during pregnancy? What if I had miscarriage? There is baby in me, okay! And if anything happen---“ Jimin cups his mouth with both of his hands, had realised his mistake to blur everything out. He could see a teasing smirk from Hoseok before he turned to Jungkook, who can only blink at that confusing information.

“Err-I-I’m tired. Goodnight, everyone.” Jimin stands to run away from there, maybe hiding in his room but Jungkook grabbed his wrist, manhandling Jimin to face him.

“Why? Why did you lie, Jimin?”

“I-I—“

“Don’t give excuse anymore, Jimin. Just tell us the truth now.” Hoseok interrupts, thinking that he need to step in because thing won’t settle if Jimin being that stubborn.

“I heard—“ Jimin says after a pregnant silence. “—I heard your conversation with Taehyung the day when I went home earlier after shopping with Jin-Hyung.”

“What---“

“You said I love you to him and you praised Taehyung a lot. I know I’m not perfect and far from your ideal type but-but just tell me when you already has someone else. It won’t hurt as much as I got to know by myself. Taehyung is my best friend and he can make you happy more than I could. I just—“Jimin can’t continue because the tears are starting to spill out and he had to bite his lips to prevent himself from sobbing.

“No! No! Jimin, no! I’m sorry.” Jungkook wipes his tears away, softly with his thumb before bringing Jimin’s body closer to him, chest to chest. “I should have told you sooner. Taehyung is my cousin. I-I just ask him to take care of you while I’m busy with work. And we’re just playing game that day. I had to say it as my punishment for losing in the game. That’s all, I swear.”

“Really?” Jimin leans backward to look at Jungkook, hoping for the truth.

“Yes.” Jungkook nods while caressing Jimin’s cheek. “So, forgive me?”

“Okay.” They hugged while rocking from side to side, savouring the moment.

“That’s it?” Hoseok said to no one in particular. “After all the ruckus you two did for the past two weeks. It’s merely just because of misunderstanding? And who is this Taehyung? Care to tell me the whole story?”

Jungkook just chortles to that while Jimin hides his blushing face at Jungkook’s chest.

“Wait!” Jungkook gently pulls Jimin away from his body. “My-my baby—“

“No! It’s still in here though.” When Jimin pulled his hand to his belly, Jungkook could feel a warm feeling emitted through it, like something alive is breathing through his palm.

Then Jungkook lifted Jimin off from the ground before kissing him in the air, spinning both of them in joy. Jimin had to tighten his hand at Jungkook’s shoulder, afraid that he will fall down or they will fall down. “Jungkook, calm down.” Jungkook stops spinning around to pepper Jimin’s face with lots of kiss and both of them didn’t even realise that Hoseok had gone for a while before coming back to the living room with Jimin’s big luggage.

“Now, go home.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jimin was 3 months pregnant when he started working at the kindergarten after so much protest from Jungkook. He was starting to get bored because Jungkook won’t allow him to do anything, by anything mean that he couldn’t even walk to the kitchen to get water. There was one time Jimin caught Jungkook was looking for a maid, to help Jimin do the chores but Jimin stopped him before he could hired one.

“We don’t need a maid. Jungkook, I’m okay.” Jimin assured him too many times before Jungkook could believe him.

Jungkook agreed to let Jimin teaching at the kindergarten only after Jimin promised to let him send and take Jimin from kindergarten everyday, no driving alone.

Usually, he would wait for Jimin outside the kindergarten but today Jungkook decided to stay inside since he had finished work at the office earlier and has about 30 minutes before Jimin ended his class.

“Ahjussi.” A boy, around 5 to 6 years old greet him. Jungkook was too immersed with his phone to notice that the bell had ringing. “Yes?” Jungkook smiles to the boy but get nothing in return, no smile or a welcoming greeting.

“You’re bad. Not good.”

“What---“

“Ahjussi makes my teacher in pain. You make his belly go big and teacher-Jimin will die if his belly burst like a balloon.” That boys says with so much hatred towards Jungkook. He wanted to laugh so bad but control his laughter because that boy is looking at him, all serious and stern.

“Kid, want to know something?” He nods. Jungkook motions him to come closer before whispered something to that boy ears.

“Really?”

“Yes. So, you should take care of him for me and when his belly went small again, I give half of everything to you.” That boy left him after promising while linking their pinky finger together. Jimin came to him right after that asking what he had whispered to the boy.

“I might tell him that your belly is big because of the candies, chocolates and sweets. And after the doctor takes it out from your belly, I’ll give it to him.”

“Eww, gross.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Jimin, when is your due date?”

“In two weeks, hyung.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Hyung, it’s okay. I’m okay. I can still walk.” Jimin fixes Jin’s suit before checking his face, wiping the sweat on Jin’s forehead, hoping that it didn’t smear his make up. Today is Jin and Namjoon wedding day and the wedding supposed to be held one month earlier but Namjoon, the careless person ever had booked the wedding hall on the wrong date and it couldn’t be changed. Everyone knows that jimin will give birth any day during this month and it gives Jin more chance to be remorseful. But Jimin had assured him that nothing bad will happen.

But maybe Jimin is wrong because right after Namjoon and Jin had exchanged their rings and was about to share a kiss, he could feel his pant is getting wet. He looks down at the same time a sudden pain come pounding to his stomach.

“NO!” Jimin yells it out while his hand at Jungkook’s shirt. Every eye turns to look at him.

“Baby? Baby? Jimin? Are you okay?” Jungkook asks, concerned while trying not to be panic.

“No, I’m not. The baby-he-oh my god. Hospital, now!” Jimin managed to say in between breathing while trying to withstand the pain.

“NAMJOON-HYUNG! MY BABY IS COMING.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

At last, it has ended, happy ending as always. Okay, so thank you to everyone, whoever had read, subscribed, commented and upvoted this fic. I'm so thankful and really appreciate it so much. And also I'm sorry for my bad grammar. 

I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I'd enjoyed writing it. Then, till we meet again in the next story which no one ever knows when.

So, in the meantime, keeps on supporting BTS and also Jikook. I just want to heal my broken soul because I couldn't go to their concert. But it is okay since I managed to buy their album. I got J-hope and JIn photocard (i don't even let my sister from touching it) and my hearteu, my hearteu couldn't handle their overload cuteness and coolness. I've been following them since No More Dream era and i really proud of them, of their achievement. Btw, enough of that and once again thank you so much everyone. ^.^ ^.^ ^.^