Part 9

There is no 'we' in You and I

“Hyung, I’m sorry.” the sad and low voice of Jimin is enough to indicate how sorry he was towards Jin for cutting short their shopping time. But Jin knows better that Jimin’s condition matter the most here. He didn’t have the courage to face Jungkook if something happened to his Jimin. Like Jin could imagine the chaos, the outrage.

“Jimin, it’s okay.” That smile plastered on Jin’s face still couldn’t convince Jimin but they are already in front of Jungkook’s apartment. Reluctantly Jimin has to get out of the car, bidding farewell to Jin while sending him off frustrated.

But what double his sadness is that Jungkook was nowhere to be found. Clearly, Jungkook didn’t go far since his car key is still on the table. Jimin tried to call but Jungkook never picked up like he was busy with something else that had him to totally abandon his phone. And this is the first time Jungkook didn’t answer his phone call and obviously the previous missed call when they still in stranger state didn’t count. Starting to getting annoy and pissed off, Jimin decided to take a short nap while hoping that Jungkook will be back when he awake.

A short nap turns to a comfy sleep, recharging back all the tiredness and fatigue. It feels like Jimin had slept for 12 hours whereas it’s only been 2 hours. If he could, Jimin want to rest longer but someone kept on kissing his cheeks, his forehead and his nose, wetting those parts. Unwillingly, he opens his eyes and blinks to adjust to the bright light before smiling to the big boy in front of him. Unmistakably, he will get a big smile in return.

“Good morning, sleepyhead.”

“Good—“ Jimin opens his phone to confirm the time. “—it’s still evening.”

Jungkook just chuckles at Jimin’s cute pout. “I thought you’ll be back during dinner.”

“I am but I was feeling sick and Jin-hyung sent me home.”

“Are you okay? Do you need to see doctor? Lets go now. I get the car ready.”

“Jungkook! Jungkook!” Jimin stops him from panicking. “I’m okay. By the way, where are you from?”

“I met a friend just now. Hey, come on, get up now. You stink. Go take a bath.”

Jimin doubts that cliché answer but shrugs it off, thinking that maybe it was something related to the company. He waked up with Jungkook helping him before walking to the bathroom slowly and lazily. Jimin was ready to take off his cloth when he remembered that he forgot to bring towel along inside. Calling Jungkook to pass him the towel might risk something else, not that Jungkook is someone who can’t control his lust but neither did Jimin can control the need too. To avoid thing that can exhausted him more, Jimin take the initiative to get it by himself.

The bathroom door opened slightly when Jimin heard Jungkook talking with someone on the phone. The curiosity from earlier is still there, so Jimin silently listening to Jungkook’s conversation.

“I can’t go back. Jimin is home. What? I didn’t okay.” Jungkook paused for 5 seconds before talking again. “okay! Okay! I love you so much. You’re the most adorable person in this world. What?..no—“ there’s another pause before Jungkook said something that surprised Jimin. “Kim Taehyung is the cutest person ever in this world and I love him to the moon and back. Bye.”

Kim Taehyung? As if their neighbour? Jimin’s best friend?

The next morning, Jungkook waked up alone with no his human heater beside him on the bed. Jungkook searched for Jimin in the kitchen but he found no one there. So, when he couldn’t find Jimin anywhere in their house, Jungkook started to panic and screaming for Jimin’s name everywhere he could. He even went to Taehyung’s house, hoping that maybe Jimin was there but then he only met with still sleepy Taehyung. He called Jimin like thousands time but only received a voicemail every time.

It feels like he was resurfacing back to the air when Hoseok called, informing him that Jimin was at his house and telling Jungkook to go there straightaway.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I don’t want to live with him anymore.” The way Jimin stated those words is like when a kid started to get bored of his old toy. Hoseok knows someday this kind of problem will face but not that soon, like yesterday both Jimin and Jungkook looked so lovely and adorable together but then today the opposite happened. He seriously think that Jimin should see a psychiatrist or someone who can read what is in his mind right now.

“I’m going to call Jungkook and let him know you’re here.” They finished eating lunch and Jimin goes straight to his room, ignoring Hoseok’s intention to call Jungkook.

Not long after that, maybe 10 or 15 minutes later, Jungkook is already in front of Hoseok’s house, looking all messy and disoriented, so much like soulless person. Hoseok pitied him but the only thing he can do is to invite him inside, offering some water before excusing himself to call Jimin out of his room.

If before, Hoseok was in peace whenever he saw Jimin leisurely hang out in his room, playing with phone or doing nothing in particular because he knew his brother is safe with him, but now, seeing how relax Jimin is playing with his phone, like tearing apart his relationship with Jungkook is not a big deal.  Hoseok is stomping his way to Jimin’s bed before tugging him out of his bed with so much force before dragging him out to the living room.

“Let me go!” Jimin protests but Hoseok is stronger than him, pulling at his wrist to make him move.

“No! I won’t, not until you face to face with Jungkook.” Hoseok pushes Jimin to sit on the couch, in front of Jungkook. “Now, talk.” He demands while crossing his arm.

The silent kills Jungkook from the inside as he himself has no idea on how to approach Jimin without him rejecting his touch. But, he did what his heart told him. Jungkook moved to sit beside Jimin and taking Jimin’s hand into his own hands.

“Jimin….” It comes out to be so hoarse and Jungkook coughed to clear his voice. “….please, look at me. Did I do something wrong? I’m sorry for not answering your call and for leaving our house when you’re away.”

Jimin almost, almost wanted to give up and forgive Jungkook but whenever he heard Jungkook’s voice, all he can think of is the Jungkook’s last night phone call with Taehyung, all the I love you and praises Jungkook had said in the phone hurt his heart more than he could imagine. Jungkook is known as someone who is not good in praising or sweet talk but last night, it’s proven wrong. Jimin hated how easy Jungkook had said it, like something that is routine. But what doubles his pain is the fact that Jungkook cheated on him with his own neighbour, Jimin’s bestfriend. Well there must be other Taehyung than that Taehyung, right? Of course there is but Jimin strangely can link the reason behind Jungkook’s refusal to have lunch together with Taehyung and also how familiar Jungkook is to Taehyung to one solid conclusion, they know each other behind his back. And maybe, maybe Jungkook was with Taehyung yesterday when Jimin went to shopping with Jin, doing only God knows what.

“I started to lose interest on you. That’s all.”

“No! No! You’re lying. I know you love me.” Jungkook’s tighten his grip on Jimin’s hand.

“It’s the truth. Just face it. Tomorrow, I…I’ll send you the divorce paper. Just sign it and then we’re done.” He stands up, snatching his hand away from Jungkook’s before walking back to his room.

Why didn’t Jimin telling Jungkook the truth? That he knew Jungkook was cheating on him with other guy behind his back? It’s simply because by saying it, Jimin had to admit that Jungkook did really cheat on him. It’s like directly conveying him that Jungkook rather choose to be with other person than him. Because then Jimin has to acknowledge that he is not good enough for Jungkook, making him to be with someone opposite to him, like Taehyung. At least, they don’t matched with each other is a good reason as to why they choose to separate rather than directly telling people that Jungkook cheated on him.

But, did Jungkook really cheat on him? After all those times they were together, what could be the possibility of Jungkook to betray his love, his confession to take care of Jimin? He did, Jimin did ask himself all those questions but he chose to be in the safe zone, distancing himself from Jungkook.

“Jungkook, what happen? Did you do something wrong to him?”

“i-I don’t know. Hyung, I-I..” To Jungkook, Jimin’s acting cold towards him is like an unsolved mystery. Jimin never showed any sign of getting hurt or angry at something he had done last night.

“I’ll try to talk with him again after this.”

“Thank you, hyung. I’ll come again tomorrow.”

The I’ll come again tomorrow was repeating until two weeks. Jungkook would always come to Hoseok’s house everyday, asking for the same question only to get a monotonous and repetitive answer. But then thing is about to change, Jungkook will get another answer when one day Hoseok invited him to dinner with no solid reason. Although Jimin kept on being quite the whole time but to Jungkook it was a good progress since Jimin didn’t reject the idea of him being there.

“Jimin, Jungkook, let’s sit in the living room. We have something to discuss.” Hoseok said after the dinner.

Jungkook missed Jimin so much that he couldn’t sleep at night, the bed felt so empty and cold without Jimin beside him. He really wanted to just hold and hug Jimin right there but Jimin never batted his eyes to look at him, as if everything else around them is more interesting.

A few minutes after leaving Jimin and Jungkook alone in the living room, Hoseok comes with something in his hand.

“Jimin…” he starts, there is strictness and sternness in that voice. “…care to tell us what this is?” then Hoseok put a card, more like a square photo card on the table. All Jungkook can see is black and white or a very blur picture of something.

“Where did you get this?” Jimin snatched it away, hiding it in his pocket, but he looked calm rather than nervous.

“I found it in your room. Are-are you pregnant?” It took about a minute for Jungkook to process what pregnant mean, so when it come crushing down what pregnant is, Jungkook looked shocked and dead.

“Re-really?” There is excitement and happiness in his voice that Jungkook had no time to hide it.

“Yeah, 7 weeks but don’t worry, I’d abort it already.”

“You what?! Are you insane?”

“What? There is no reason for me to keep it.” And maybe Jungkook is already dead after hearing it.