Part 7

There is no 'we' in You and I

“I saw them kissing last week.”

“REALLY?” The first ahjumma squeals loudly, piercing through Jungkook’s ear.

Jungkook put the snack back to the rack before walking out, ignoring the stink look from the cashier. The two ahjummas are still not aware of Jungkook’s presence continue to spread false rumor. He slams the door with a loud bang, almost giving a heart attack to Jimin.

“Yah! The door is crying right now. Jungkook, you’ve hurt it.” Jimin says, jokingly but stop giggling when Jungkook stopped in front of him. His face is red, fist balled tightly, all the knuckles turned pale and Jungkook is glaring at him, fiercely.

“What are you doing at home while I was working like hell at the office?”

Jimin taps his chin, thinking before answering Jungkook’s question, face is lacing with confused. “I read magazine, I took a short nap, I washed the dishes, I washed our cloth, i….what more? …ah! I played game with Taehyung and also have lunch with him. He promised to watch movie with me---“

“You invited him here? Who told you that you can allow outsider to enter my house?” Jungkook is losing his patience, hearing Taehyung’s name pushed the limit on how much he had controlled his anger. Jungkook is aware that Taehyung is not an outsider but the situation is Jimin didn’t know that Jungkook and Taehyung are indeed cousin, so right now, Taehyung is an outsider.

“Hey! It’s my house too. I live here, literally.” Jimin retorts back while standing up, be on the same level with Jungkook, but still short of few inches, having no will to lose.

Oh! I bet there are lots more things that you two have done that I don’t even know. Did he you here, in my house too?”

Jimin freezes and Jungkook realises what he had said to Jimin. Those words didn’t mean to come out, it just that the jealousy inside him, after hearing that false gossip had made Jungkook to utter such harsh accuses. Jungkook knows Taehyung will never betray him but he’s not sure about Jimin. The everyday confession from Jimin isn’t enough for Jungkook to believe that Jimin will never back away from loving him one day.  

“You-you doubt my love?”

“Jimin…I—“

“The , Jungkook. I can’t believe this. I left my own house to live with you, dealing with your cold treatment everyday, saying how much I love you like every single day for the past three months and you accused me cheating on you with Taehyung?”

The way Jimin said Taehyung’s name is way lovelier to Jungkook’s liking. “I didn’t ask you to stay with me.” Jungkook says instead of apologizing.

“Everyone in this world must be blinded with your fake love.” Jungkook continues even before Jimin could open his mouth. “Your brother, my brother and even Jin-hyung told me to treat you better that you deserved my attention but you know what? You are not even worth it.”

“Watch what you say, Jungkook.” Jimin is starting to lose his patience too. Jungkook had stepped on his pride more than he could let it pass.

“You manipulated people with money. You think love can be bought by money? Oh, you’re so wrong. Don’t ing used love as an excuse to satisfy your need. What, did you lure Taehyung with money too? That must be true---“

PANG! The slap sound echoes throughout the room. Jungkook could only register the sharp pain on his check when Jimin is nowhere in front of him but he could hear a faint I hate you from Jimin the moment Jimin’s hand made a contact with his face.

“Jimin?” Jungkook has realised his mistake and started to panic once he saw Jimin with a luggage, walking out of his room. He runs as fast as he can to Jimin before pushing the luggage away from Jimin’s hand. “Where are you going?” the panic is still there.

“Away from you. You hate me and I hate you. So there is no point for me to stay here.”

“No! No! No!” Jungkook cups Jimin’s face. “Please, don’t leave me. I’m sorry, please.”

“Why are you begging me to stay? Who am I to you, Jungkook?” Jimin’s voice started to crack, but he refused to let the tear out, so he swallows back the lump in his throat.

“A ? A ?”

“Jimin, no, you’re not. You-you—“ Jungkook bites his bottom lip.

“See, you can’t even say it.” Jimin turns away from looking at Jungkook, wiping the tears away.

Jimin faces Jungkook once again, smiling to him. “You’re a good man, Jungkook. I first saw you at Hoseok-hyung’s party. You were looking at your boyfriend with longing and fondness in your eyes. I’ve fallen in love with you and I want you to look at me like that. I know I’m selfish but you’re so genuine. But I guess you’ll never look at me like that, huh? So, I’m letting you go and I hope that you can fight for your love back.” Jimin pries Jungkook’s hand away from his face before taking the luggage to walk to the door.

When he was about to reach the doorknob, Jungkook hugs him from the back, burying his face at the crook of Jimin’s neck.

“Please don’t go.” Something is wetting his shoulder and he didn’t expect Jungkook to cry.

“I’m sorry for everything. Please, Jimin, I love you.” Jimin is rigid on his feet. He shudders when he could feel Jungkook lips on his skin. Jungkook had kissed Jimin’s exposed shoulder, hoping that Jimin will get the message that he is not lying.

Jimin pulls Jungkook’s hand away from his waist and turns to face him. “What do you mean? You can’t say that after all those pitiless words you’d thrown to me.”

“I’m telling you the truth. I love you, Jimin. Just now at the convenience store—“ Jungkook avoids Jimin’s eyes. Looking down to their feet. “—someone said that they saw you and Taehyung kissed. I-I don’t know why but I’m so jealous. I can’t control what came out from my mouth. Please, Jimin--”

Jimin lets out a heavy breath through his mouth. “Ahjumma from 407, right?” Jungkook nods, still not looking at Jimin.

“That old lady, she can’t even shut up for a second, always finding thing to rile everyone up. I ing hate her. She and her creepy smile, it’s suffocating me. I didn’t kiss Taehyung. We just hugged because he surprised me with a limited edition bracelet.” Jungkook just stares at Jimin’s lip, amused to see how fast it moved.

“Ah! Wait. I did kiss him—“

“What? You kissed him?” Jungkook has that mad look on him again, eyebrows almost knit together.

“Yeah, on his cheek. But I’m sure there was no one at that time. Oh my god, did she hired a spy to stalk me? But wait? Why are you getting mad when I only kissed him on the cheek? Whereas you had kissed me on the lips?” Jimin is so much like a kid, who is trying to choose whether he love his mom or dad more.

“I’m pretty sure kissing on the lip means more than the cheek. Hmm, by the way, back to that ahjumma, do you think that I need to file a complaint about her? Or maybe I should face her and ---“

Jimin stops talking when he heard Jungkook’s laugh.

“Hey, I’m being serious here. Stop laughing. This is not funny. You’ll not get angry at me if not because of her.” Jungkook stops laughing, back to his apologetic look but his hands are back to Jimin’s waist. Jimin keeps on talking but the only thing Jungkook can hear is the ringing sound of a bell. Unconsciously, he leans forward to catch Jimin’s lip, completely shutting him from talking too much.

It started with a simple lip on lip for a few seconds. Jimin blinks furiously, heart is beating wildly and he can feel that his face is getting hotter. Maybe because Jimin sees the longing and fondness in Jungkook’s eyes that make him to hook his arm at the back of Jungkook’s neck before attaching his lip to Jungkook’s lips.

Ding! Dong! Jungkook was shoving his tongue down to Jimin’s throat when someone pushed the doorbell. They didn’t bother to break away; just continue to savour each other flavour but the person outside seemed to not give up at all. Reluctantly, Jimin pushes Jungkook softly before turning to open the door.

“Err, hi. I’m sorry for bothering you this late—“ Taehyung is slightly taken aback when he saw them, hair all messy, lips are swollen and the most obvious thing is they both had spit on their lips. Doesn’t have the will to ask why they are at the door in such condition.

“No! No! It’s okay. What do you want, Taehyung-ah?” Jungkook rolls his eyes at how sweet Jimin is saying Taehyung’s name.

”Jimin, can I borrow your phone charger? Mine is broken.”

“Sure, give me a minute.” Jimin walks to his room, leaving Taehyung alone with Jungkook.

Taehyung gives Jungkook a smug look before pointing his mouth to the obvious tent in Jungkook’s  sweatpant. Jungkook rolls his eyes again before smirk back in return. “People made bed for an obvious reason, you know.” Taehyung deadpan and Jungkook wanted to reply but Jimin come to his side while holding the charger out for Taehyung.

“Thank you, Jimin.” Jungkook grips Jimin’s wrist, halting him from nearing Taehyung while urging Taehyung to go back with his eyes.

“Let’s sleep.” Jungkook said once the door closed shut. Jimin doesn’t quit catch the real meaning behind that words, following Jungkook innocently, but then Jungkook locked the door, something that he never done before, then reality hits him and by now Jimin knows it will going to be a long night for them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Jimin. Are you really okay with this?” Jungkook eyes Jimin with nervous, hoping that Jimin will allow him to love him properly.

“Just..just give me a minute.” Jimin closes his eyes, waiting for 5 seconds before opening it again while nodding, signalling Jungkook to carry on but there is something in Jimin’s eyes that Jungkook can easily predict the meaning behind that look. Jimin does not like it.

It did feel so good when Jungkook touched him softly, the burning sensation that Jimin feel whenever Jungkook’s skin makes a contact with his own skin is overwhelming that he had bitten his lips from sobbing, but then when Jungkook was about to completely sealed him as his, Jimin started to freak out.

“We can stop if you want.”

“No!” Jimin yells when Jungkook moved away from him. So, Jungkook repositioned himself back to kneel in between Jimin’s leg.

“This is my first time. I’m scared.”

“I’ll promise to take care of you, Jimin.” Jungkook caresses Jimin’s cheek before leaning down to kiss him again.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, that's all, no . The rest is up to your own imagination. HEHE

So, just a few more chapters before the ending, will consist a little bit of fluff and angst (just a minor one). 

By the ways, thank you so much to whoever had upvoted, subscribed, commented and read this fic. I really, really appreciated it. ^.^ ^.^