Part 5

There is no 'we' in You and I

People keeps on asking Jimin what does it feel to get married to a young business man. You must be lucky to get such a rich husband, Jungkook-shi is good looking and charming and you must be very relax at home, didn’t have to do house chore like others are what Jimin often heard from people around him especially from the ahjummas living at the same block as Jungkook’s apartment, who had wear thick make up but still couldn’t cover their wrinkles all over the face.

Lucky? Jimin is lucky indeed, having the most handsome person as husband. Rich? Well, Jimin didn’t marry Jungkook for his money since the allowance Hoseok had given him every month is more than enough to support them for months. Relax? Well I do the dishes, throwing the rubbish and making breakfast, so no relax.

“Yeah, and he gives surprise to me like everyday. You know yesterday he bought me one thousands of red roses.” Jimin says and he had to bite his inner lip from cracking into a loud laughter right there when all the ahjummas widen their eyes, gasping at that made-up story.

So, what is the actual thing Jimin had done after Jungkook went to his office? Basically, he done nothing, just leisurely taking his time at home, playing with his phone or buying new cloth online and also doing the dishes that Hoseok had blinked in confused when he got to witness his brother doing it for the first time. Jimin is jobless because none of the possible job in the world suits him. Even Hoseok had given up on persuading Jimin to come and work at his office.

Hyung, I can’t go to shopping if I’m working.

You want me to work at café? That-that so low class.

I hate your employee. They wear cheap perfume that smell like rotten fruit.

Those are one of the many reasons Jimin didn’t want to work.

The twentieth day living with Jungkook didn’t give much change in Jimin life except for now Jungkook started to talk more with him. Jungkook will answer back whatever question jimin had even though it’s stupid like how to turn on the washing machine or how much soap he needed to put in the washing machine.

Jimin was reading magazine when someone rang the doorbell. Lazily, he plopped down from the bed to open the door. And for the second time, Jimin gets a bright smile again from his new neighbour. Yesterday, his new neighbour had introduced himself, asking him to be his friend and Jimin didn’t expect him to stand in front of his house again.

“Hi, Jimin. How are you?” Taehyung asks the moment Jimin opened the door.

“Good. What do you want?” Jimin frowns while leaning his body to the doorframe.

“Do..do you want to have lunch with me?”

“No thank you. I’ll lunch with my husband.” Jimin answers without hesitating for a bit before pushing the door closed.

But Taehyung is fast to stop Jimin from completely turning his request down by holding the door, not letting Jimin to slam it right in front of his face. “I can company you if your husband turns out to be busy or in meeting. I’ll wait in my house. Just knock and I’m ready to go.” Taehyung said before letting go the door to go back to his house.

Ten minutes after that, Jimin receives a call from Jungkook’s secretary to inform him that Jungkook can’t lunch with him because he is still having a meeting with an important client from Hong Kong. Jimin just stares at his phone after he ended the call, suddenly remembering back what his new neighbour had told him just now. Is he a psychic that have superpower or maybe that guy is stalker.

Jimin thinks hard before coming with a conclusion to just trust his new neighbour since he doesn’t have anyone else to lunch with him.

“I’m ready.” Taehyung opens the door, sounding so happy and excited when he saw Jimin outside of his house.

They went to the nearest restaurant by Taehyung’s car. Earlier Jimin had offered to use his car but Taehyung insisted that he will drive Jimin there. Without much choice Jimin agreed and was wondering what is Taehyung’s job to afford such an expensive car that only people like his brother and Jungkook could buy it.

“Thank you so much for accepting my offer to lunch with me.” Taehyung thanks him once the waiter had walked away from them after taking their order.

“You’re lucky that Jungkook is busy today.”

“Jungkook? Ah! I know, that must be your husband’s name right?”

“Yeah.” Then Jimin opens his phone to check whether Jungkook had replied his text message or not. Unfortunately, he received none from Jungkook in return. Maybe he is still busy, Jimin reassured his own heart.

Taehyung catches the sullen pout on Jimin’s mouth and tried to brighten up the mood by talking about himself. Somehow, he managed to make Jimin laugh when he started to talk about his past housemate. Taehyung used to travel a lot to get an inspiration to take a nice picture. He is a photographer who owned an art gallery at a very young age and that had answered Jimin’s question about the car. Having to travel a lot had Taehyung to meet with different kind of people. What humoured Jimin to the max is when Taehyung told him about one of his roommates who liked to fart in his sleep.

“And there is this one guy who—“ Taehyung cuts himself when Jimin got a text message.

“Your husband?” The smile plastered on Jimin’s face when he read the text had Taehyung to guess that it was from his husband. Jimin smile while nodding and this is the first time Taehyung get to see Jimin’s real smiling face.

“Oh my god! You’re so cute.” It slipped from his mouth before he can even control it. But when Jimin laughed again, Taehyung didn’t regret it.

“I think you’re very interesting person. Friend?” Jimin stretches his hand out to Taehyung, hoping that he will accept it and of course Taehyung gladly had accepted it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It past midnight when Jungkook went back home from his office. The company is starting to get busy that left Jungkook with no room to breathe properly. Namjoon had warned him that this situation will continue up to two or three months more. They had to work hard to stable their company again.

Jungkook went inside the house while walking like zombie, having no strength at all. “What time is now?” Jimin asks him from the living room while rubbing his sleepy eyes. “12.30 AM.” Jungkook walked to sit beside Jimin on the couch, resting his sore body there.

“Have you eaten?” Jimin’s voice laced with worriness.

“No.” Jungkook answers with his eyes closed shut.

“Are you hungry? Want me to cook something?”

“No. Need sleep.” Jungkook replied after a few seconds. Mind is already half way to the dreamland.

Seeing how tired Jungkook is, Jimin scoots closer to the armrest before placing Jungkook head on his lap. In just one second, Jungkook had fallen to sleep and snoring on Jimin’s lap. Several minutes after that Jimin followed Jungkook to the dreamland, maybe they will meet in their dream.

The next morning when Jimin wake up lying on the bed with Jungkook snoring on the other side of the bed, he didn’t say anything about it at all but the grin and the blush that won’t fade away for the whole day proved that Jimin did think about it.

“Man, I don’t know that people can still have crush to their own husband. I repeat Husband.” Taehyung deadpanned when Jimin told him about what had happened last night.

“He carried me to the bed. The Jeon Jungkook who are cold and act distant to me carried me to the bed. And it’s the second time.  I feel like want to scream, really telling the world right now.”

Having to know Taehyung for a week is what Jimin needed for him to tell everything about his life to Taehyung. Jimin is not someone who will trust people in the blink of eye but somehow Taehyung’s positive and weird personality had ensured Jimin that it is okay to trust him. Jimin doesn’t have friends that are willing to sit with him and listen to his problem and complain. Usually, his friends will either showing off their wealth or commenting about others sense of fashion. So, Taehyung is the only people who Jimin turned to to rambling about his big crush on Jungkook like a teenage girl.

“Can you stop talking about him for a second?” Jungkook had asked Jimin one day when he was enjoying his breakfast because Jimin couldn’t stop talking about Taehyung.

It’s not that Jimin had lost interest in Jungkook, no, he still in love with Jungkook and Jungkook didn’t mean to be bitter about it but that was what Jimin had done for five days straight, never stop muttering Taehyung’s name in front of him. He is definitely not being jealous about that.

“Last month Taehyung went to Africa and then there---“ Jungkook just rolled his eyes. Jimin is so much like a naïve kindergarten kid who liked to brat on how cool his best friend is while wanting everybody to know how proud he is to have such cool friend.

“Do you like him that much?”

“Yes, he is so funny and—“

“Then go ing marry him.” Jungkook says straight to Jimin’s face before standing up while grabbing his bag and stuff, walking to the door and slammed it hard.

“Urghh, why is he getting mad?” Jimin blurs it out, still oblivious of Jungkook’s jealousy towards Taehyung. But that not stopped him from doing the same thing the next day. He will always make sure to repeat back what Taehyung had tell him about his adventure at new place to Jungkook during breakfast since that is the only time they could sit and talk to each other. Jungkook’s company is getting busier with tons of workload that never toned down that forced him to went back home only after midnight.

“Can you please stop talking? You talk too much and it’s giving me headache.” Jungkook plead Jimin one morning, hoping that Jimin will stop talking.

“No.” Jimin retorts back. “I like talking and no one can stop me from doing it. Not even you.” Jimin rolled his tongue to Jungkook. He then turned to his back to place the dirty plates in the sink when Jungkook halted his movement in sudden. Blocking Jimin’s body with his own.

“Is that what you think? Really?” Jungkook teases him with a very low voice, raising one eyebrow to Jimin.

“Yup. I don’t think you know how to shut me up.” Jimin smirks, challenging Jungkook to try to silent him. But what Jungkook had done the next minute not just had shut Jimin up but also ripping his soul out from his body. Jungkook kisses Jimin full on the lips.

“What? Cat gets your tongue?” Jungkook says before walking to the door leaving Jimin alone, too stunned to even move. Once he was out of the house, Jungkook leans to the nearest wall because he could feel his feet are starting to become weak at how fast his heart is beating.

“Why did I do that?” Jungkook ruffles his hair and stops abruptly before moving it to touch his lips. “You’re crazy, Jungkook.” He says while chuckling to himself. Taking one deep breath, Jungkook recollect himself back, fixing his hair before walking to his car.

Same thing had happened in the house. After 30 minutes standing at the kitchen, still trying to process what Jungkook had done to him, Jimin runs to his room to call someone. “Taehyung, please come now.” After 5 minutes, Taehyung comes to his house, having that worried face on him.

“Jimin! Jimin! What had happened? Why are you blushing?” Taehyung cornered him with lots of questions because Jimin sounded like he was losing his breath on the phone just now. “Jungkook…he-he kissed me.”

“What?” Taehyung raises his voice a bit. “Is that all?” Ah, Taehyung did forget about Jimin’s crush on Jungkook for a minute before it comes down to him after Jimin side eyed him like dude, Jeon Jungkook had kissed me, and doesn’t that ring something in your brain.

“Jimin, he’s your husband. Of course he can kiss you.”

“Urghh, why did I even friend with you. Look, my lovely Taehyung, the almighty Jeon Jungkook who is cold to me had kissed me, on my lip.” Jimin says, irritated at Taehyung dumb mind.

“Oh! Oh!” Now, Taehyung understand what Jimin is trying to say.

“Wait! Does it mean that Jungkook likes me back?”

“I think so.”

But the next day when Jimin did the same routine, Jungkook just listen in silent, not making any comment or complaint about it. Jungkook acted like he didn’t kiss Jimin in the first place, brushing it off like some dust.