Prologue: Anything For Money

Black & White

Hirai Momo was in need of money; maybe that was why she found herself inside of this dubious place where smoke from the cigars engulfed her. Cheers were arising from the crowds who were surrounding the spacious boxing ring placed appropriately at the middle of the facility. However, the two players inside the ring were not actually participating in the regulated sport of boxing. They had no gloves on; they were fighting raw against each other. They were lunging at each other with punches that could potentially knock each other’s teeth out, and maybe do more then just that.

 

“Do you know why the club is called ‘Amnesia’?” A middle aged man asked Momo as he exhaled a puff of smoke.

 

“No sir, I don’t know why.”

 

“Because after every fight, there will be one person suffering amnesia from the blows.” He answered and her eyes opened wide, perturbed, but still not frightened enough to turn away from this.

 

“Sir, is this even legal for them to fight like this?” Momo asked, wondering if she asked a wrong question or not by the look on his face.

 

He let out a laughter, “It’s not a matter of being legal or illegal, what matters is that people come and pay to see these kind of fights. It’s a form of entertainment—plus, it’s not like we forced those two guys up there to fight each other. They wanted money; we would give them money after they fight.”

 

“How is the pay?”

 

“$500 each match—if you win of course. If not, the only thing we’re paying is your medical bills...just to dodge the cops. Are you in or are you out?”

 

“I’m in. Anything for money, I’m in.”

 

“Good choice. Now go change into these and get ready for your first fight tonight.” He said, tossing her a bag of clothing, “If you win your first fight, we will sign a contract and you will be Amnesia’s fighter. Once you are Amnesia’s fighter, you cannot back out. Do you understand that?”

 

“Yes, sir. I understand that. I will do my best.”

 

------

A/N: That's the prologue for now. I'm in the midst of editing chapter 1 so I'll be posting that tomorrow!