Chapter 10

Never Reply Love

 

 

 

The Day after the previous chapter: (V-Day)

 

 

 

 

“Oh Gi Dong-shii?” a postman asked him.

 

“Dae.”

 

“This is for you, and please sign it here.” the postman handed him a letter and a box.

 

 

“Sure.” 

 

 

-------

 

 

OH GI DONG:

 

I was curious who sent me this. I rarely receive this kind of thing. But never mind…

 

As I opened the envelope, I could smell a very familiar scent travelled in the air, it comes from the letter. I tried to remember who the owner of this scent was. Oh Ha Ni?

 

I unfolded the letter and began to read.

 

 

“Annyeonghaseyo  Appa,

 

Happy birthday and Happy Valentine's day!

 

 Appa, how are you doing?  How have you been? I miss you, Appa  :’) and I miss Papa Baek, Mama Baek, Eun Jo, Bong Joon Gu, Min ah and Ju Ri too!!! Hehe

 

 I am very sorry I didn’t contact you when I arrived here in Busan. I know I make you worry in these two weeks. But Appa, I am very happy here. Aunt Mi Hwan is really nice to me. I really enjoy her company.

 

Hmm Appa, I hate to be far and apart from you. But as I promised you, I will be the new Oh Ha Ni... Your new Oh Ha Ni Appa, your new matured Oh Ha Ni.

 

Slowly, I believe I can move on. Anyway appa, I have applied to one of the universities here.. hehe I will not going to tell you what course I took until I graduate :p 

 

Anyway, probably you are curious what’s inside the box, aren’t you?  If so, palli!! Open the box! :))

 

Hmm.. I know right my letter was very  very very long  hehe. I will send you more letters!  Appa, please keep my whereabouts as a secret, okay? Please take care of your self appa :)  See you in my dream! Mwaaaahhhh <3

 

P/s: I love you Appa, forever.

Oh Ha Ni."

 

Without me knowing, my tears slid down my face.. Her words in this letter penetrate to my heart. This girl... should just have contacted me instead of giving me letters. She rwally has her mom's genes!

 

This would be my first time celebrating my birthday alone. I smelt her scent again on the letter. After decades I stayed in that position, my eyes saw a box that I held earlier. I opened the cap of the box.

 

I was surprised to see my restaurant’s name engraved on top of pottery of the snail. A snail carrying So Pal Bok? Heh.. How can she think of that? Brilliant idea Oh Ha Ni. :) I smile widely upon remembering why she chose snail instead of others. Snail represents her self, Oh Ha Ni, my Noah Snail.

 

 

 

 

As I picked the medium-sized snail, a picture was attached at the bottom of it.

 

Dae, I hope your future would shine as bright as the sunshine, Oh Ha Ni... I hope, the shining sun would make you forget about him and find a man that deserves to be with you.

 

Then, I put the letter along with her picture inside the box. But before I placed the Snail Pottery on the counter, I heard someone was greeting behind me.

 

“Annyeong Uncle..” 

 

For the God’s sake, I felt like my soul left my body... I was so surprised to see the person infront of me was……

 

 

BAEK SEUNG JO:

 

I looked at my watch its 9:00 am, few more hours before Mainan Company becomes my official investor. I decided to go to So Pal Bok Restaurant.

 

When I entered to the restaurant I smelt a scent piercing into my nose, a very familiar scent.

 

I greeted uncle Oh Gi Dong that seemed busy placing something on the box. 

 

------------------------

 

 

TWO MONTHS LATER IN BUSAN:

AUTHOR:

 

 

‘I was eating my meal, but I wadream. In two months, I was able to move on, to forget my awful love. I just don’t know why, today seems different. That dream haunts me till now and makes me doubt about my past love.’

 

 

‘Baek Seung Jo appeared in my dream when I have moved on. He was begging for my love and my return. What makes me more confused was.. my Appa advised me to return to Seung Jo’s side.’

 

 

“Ehem!”

 

 

 

“Ehem!!”

 

 

 

 “YAHHHH Oh Ha Ni!!”  Aunt Mi Hwan raised her tone, so that Oh Ha Ni would wake up from her day dreaming.

“What are you dreaming while eating heh?”

 

 

“Heh?Ah! Oh!”

 

 

Oh Mi Hwan chuckled seeing the choked Ha Ni.

 

 

“Aishh, it has been two months, but you still can’t get rid of that habit.”

“Let me guess, probably you are thinking about someone… you love?” Oh Mi Hwan looked her with a warm look of a mother.

 

 

“Mwoo? Andwae.. aniyo…” she sipped her tea, ignoring her aunt’s words.

 

 

“As far as I know, if someone chokes on the food/drink that she/he eats while their mind are crawling to somewhere, the subject that is playing on their head is no other than.. Love~”

 

 

“Eh!urgh!!” she choked again.

 

 

“Hmmm.. see.. What did I tell you, this must be about love, right?” her Aunt .

 

 

“Ahh, aish. Love? Hmm, I disagree with you aunt. I was hmm.. uhm.. Thinking about my medical class later. Ahh.. uhmm.. I’m still afraid of giving injection...yea.. yes.. I still can’t.” Oh Ha Ni lied to escape from her Aunt’s blabbering mouth.

 

“Haha, you are very funny Ha Ni.. How come you take medical course when you are afraid to do those entire things? Come on, it has been two months. I don’t believe that you’re still weak in that injection thingy.  Remember, as a medical student, you need to be brave. It’s your ambition right to be.. hahh? What do you call this? Ahh uhmm.. Nurse!”

 

 

“Aigoo, not nurse. But a Doctor Aunt…”

 

 

“Oh yes a Doctor! Aishh, pabo Aunt. Hehe”

 

“Like aunt, like niece.” Oh Ha Ni said playfully.

 

“Haha but I never knew that your ambition would be this high, Ha Ni.. With your average qualification, clumsiness, stupidity and all.. But still, you were accepted to study there with this major course! I think the professors are blind to accept you. hahaah”

 

“Aishh!! Aunt!! Stop teasing me.” Ha Ni pouted.

 

“Omo! Hahah, I think your pouting face hypnotized them?”

 

“Huhhh.. It is so-not-called-me if I can’t make them to accept me there.” Ha Ni smiled when she remembered how she suffered the interview, but unknowingly, she made it! And was accepted.

 

 

“Aigoo, my niece is really something!  May I know who inspired you to take this ambition then? Is it… Your Never Reply Love’s man?”

“OR to be specific, Baek Seung Jo?”  Oh Mi Hwan knew about her niece ‘Never Reply Love’ when Ha Ni told her everything, so she wanted to by mentioning his name in their conversation.

 

 

“Ah? Aish, why did you say that?” she blushed.

 

 

“Omo? You are blushing Ha Ni ahh.. haha.”

 

 

“Aigoo, Aunt, you said you want to help me to move on, aishh please don’t mention his name anymore.” She replied upsetting.

 

“Hmm... okay, don’t get upset. Now, finish your food, or else you will be late.” She smiled to Ha Ni.

 

------

 

 

None of you are curious, why did she take an incredibly challenges course? Don’t you think it’s too much for a stupid and clumsy Oh Ha Ni if she becomes a doctor in the future? She may kill her patients! But what inspired her to take this ambition? What, why and who?

 

 

 

Is it… all because of Baek Seung Jo?

 

 

But… She said she have moved on, so probably.. It’s not because of him.

 

 

 

“Author and readers... Did you remember that, I have suggested this ambition for Baek Seung Jo before? But, because I know he can’t make his ambition come true since he needs to take care of The Baek Game company and he needs too..ma..Marry. I will be the one to make his ambition come true by myself. No matter how clumsy and stupid I am, I will try my best. I have volunteered my self to be part of his ambition to be true, secretly.”

 

 

Impressed? That’s all author can say. 

 

 

Now I understand why she wants to be a doctor. Baek Seung Jo’s ambition has inspired her.

 

 

In her ambition, Baek Seung Jo still exists in it, although she has moved on.

 

She didn’t know that at this time, Baek Seung Jo was taking a medical course too in Parang-U right now, at this moment. Because the only thing she knows is that Baek Seung Jo won’t be able to fulfill the ambition that she suggested. He may be busy with his married life and as the boss of The Baek Game.

 

 

 

####END OF CHAPTER####

 

 

How was this chapter?

As usual, if you confuse with Oh Ha Ni’s ambition I will tell you now.

-           As we all know, Oh Ha Ni suggested an ambition for Baek seung Jo in some scene in PK. And BSJ was interested in that ambition, doctor. Until one day he decided to be a doctor and he told his father about that but Papa Baek ended up in the hospital. And it is the start where BSJ need to replace his father in the Baek Game Company and his ambition was all getting messed up when there is a marriage proposal by Hae Ra’s uncle. 

To sum up, Oh Ha Ni thought BSJ’s ambition will never achieve to reality, and she wants to make it a reality through herself which unknowingly, has inspired her to be a doctor. That’s why I stated, ‘In her ambition, Baek Seung Jo still exists in it. Although she has moved on’

And, in the previous chapter, I stated that BSJ will pass his position back to his father, and he will pursue his dream to be a doctor. So it’s like “Baek Seung Jo was inspired by Oh Ha Ni and Oh Ha Ni was inspired by Baek Seung Jo’s ambition.”

I hope, I didn’t confuse you.

Errors? Just ignore it

I know this chapter is very long. I need to do this long because maybe in the next few weeks/months I won’t be able to write and post frequent updates. As a student, I need to focus on my studies too, right? but still, I will be an active commentators for other HyunMin’s ffs!! Hehehe

Very special thanks to Zie, my dear subscribers and commentators. Not to forget silent readers and viewers. I LOVE YOU ALL AS ALWAYS <3

Stay tuned, Mazzy.