009

Keeping Up With BTS

Intro: Boy In Luv (Intro)

 

(It's a cool, brisk night. The streetlights are on, and most people seem to be inside their homes. In the distance under the white bright moon, you can hear a wolf calling out for its pack)

TAEHYUNG (CONFESSION CAM): So...because of God knows what, PD Nim is making us go to some late-night game activity with all the members. I'm not really a night owl, but they did promise us they'd free up our schedule for tomorrow so...you win some you lose some. 

HOSEOK (CONFESSION CAM): Woo Woo Woo. Hoseok was born ready! Whatever the game. Monopoly, I'll win. Who can run the fastest mile?? I'll probably win. Staring contest!? I'd win too. 

JUNGKOOK (CONFESSION CAM) (OFFSCREEN): Not a "Try not to get scared" Contest though, boi!!

HOSEOK (CONFESSION CAM): Shut up, squirrel!

 

JIN: Do y'all think they'd let me skip so that I could go home and film a mukbang? My fans have been asking for one.

JIMIN: Why would they let you do that?

JIN: Because I run this show? Duh?

YOONGI: Right...

JIMIN: Camera crew just tell us where we're going. *Aegyo* pleeease??!

JUNGKOOK: Uh uh. stop acting cute for them. You wanna get spanked??

NAMJOON: "Naw! I don't wanna go solo. I wanna debut with these guys" I should've just taken the offer. 

TAEHYUNG: You love us Hyung!!

NAMJOON: I love the paycheck, don't get it twisted. 

 

(After some walking and what seemed like forever, they were told they had arrived at the location. It was an older-looking building that had a gate surrounding it.)

PD: We're gonna head inside guys. It'll be unlocked, you lea the way.

JIN (CONFESSION CAM): All of a sudden, PD nim starts acting like Fred and Daphne talking about "Lead the way yalls!" IM SORRY, are we in Scooby-Doo? Do I look like I was born yesterday??! Well, I guess if the creams and treatments have been going according to plan, I should look like I was born yesterday. Honestly, if you use my discount code #WorldwideHandsome I can get you 15% off a total rejuvenizing treatment at-

TAEHYUNG (CONFESSION CAM) (OFF SCREEN): You still look old, grandpa!

JIN (CONFESSION CAM): I crave death every day

JUNGKOOK: Yall some weak P-uhhhh what is this?

(As Jungkook heads into the house, he tries to look for the on switch).

NAMJOON: WHY is it so dark! Jin stop squeezing my !

JIN: WHAT!? That's not me!

JIMIN: Sorry...force of habit. 

 YOONGI: PD nim it's too dark.

PD: We have night cameras, just keep going, we'll find it eventually. 

(As soon as all the members had made their way inside the house, the front door shut closed and all the members turned to see nobody else standing there.)

HOSEOK: AHH!

JUNGKOOK: Where is the camera crew and PD nim

PD (BEHIND THE OTHERSIDE OF THE DOOR): Welcome to tonight's game. Escape the room! Use each other and find a way out. Good luck!

JIN: SON OF A-!

JIN (CONFESSION CAM): So it had been a couple of minutes since were BETRAYED by our own company, and I was starting to freak out cuz I knew I should've brought my slim jim but noooo I wanted to act skinnyyyyy and leave it at home. I was starving!

NAMJOON (CONFESSION CAM): We literally ate before leaving?!

JIN (CONFESSION CAM): I know...but still. It's my anxiety eating...

JUNGKOOK (CONFESSION CAM) And there I was, solving puzzles here and there, honestly this was like child's play. They wanted us to escape the room, they were gonna get it. 

JUNGKOOK: HA! I unlocked the lock, bois! So if everything is according to plan, this should be... a map?

JIN: ISo we did it!!? What're we waiting for let's leave!

NAMJOON: Not so fast. We gotta read it and keep looking for the next clues

JIN: THERE'S MULTIPLE CLUES??!!

YOONGI: I quit the band. Let me out! I'll pay the contract termination fee, lord knows I can afford it. 

HOSEOK: You're not leaving, if you leave, I leave!

NAMJOON: Calm down Romeo & Juliet. Most escape rooms are an hour-long give or take so let's just keep going and hopefully, it doesn't take too long. 

 

(The boys had divided up the work with Taehyung, Jimin, and Jin in one group, Hoseok and Jungkook in another, and Namjoon and Yoongi in the last group. 

 

TAEHYUNG: HA! I found a mini-, I know you wouldn't know what these are Jin-

HOSEOK: (Smacks Taehyung's head) They're finger wraps, you incompetent fool!

JIMIN (CONFESSION CAM): Honestly, I wasn't even looking for clues at this point. I was just wandering around hoping I'd come across an exit so I could leave and go to bed. This is purely a horror film plot setting and I was not here for it...

PD NIM (CONFESSION CAM) (OFFSCREEN): You know we'll just deduct your pay then, right?

JIMIN (CONFESSION CAM): (Stares at camera)

 

JUNGKOOK: Okay Hoseok, don't fxxk this up for us, we got one chance at finding the next clue before the other bozos. 

HOSEOK: I got this! Don't underestimate me. 

JUNGKOOK (CONFESSION CAM): Hoseok can sometimes get a little too confident in himself... Like that one time we were rehearsing for our comeback and he had been warned to not overexert himself until he passed out on stage, lols

HOSEOK (CONFESSION CAM) (OFFSCREEN): That was one time!!

 

TAEHYUNG: ...So then I told her that if she didn't want to help it was fine but then why would she sign up to be the bride, and all she said was that that's was what I was there for, or whatever. Needless to say, when you agree to help out at a wedding, make sure everyone is in it to win, no freeloaders...even if it is your sister's wedding.

JIMIN: ...

JIN: ... Where did I go wrong??

 

YOONGI: I found it!! Finally one step closer to getting out of this prison!

(The group gathered around to read the letter that Yoongi had found, which described how to unlock the lockbox Namjoon was holding)

HOSEOK: Oh, the key! Okay so I'm guessing we solved it??

YOONGI: Yes baby Jesus, sweet release!!!

JIN: I can definitely still film my mukbang it didn't take all night like I thought!

JUNGKOOK: Man I was hoping there were more puzzles

BTS: ...

 

(The group gathered around the door they had walked into and attempted to turn the lock but it wouldn't turn)

JIMIN: Oh! It's probably the door right here!

(There had been a door in the opposite wall on the back of the room that the group had forgotten about).

TAEHYUNG: True! It's probably the door to access the garden! Alright.

(Namjoon inserted the key into the lock and was able to turn it until they heard the click signifying that the door was no longer locked

HOSEOK: WOOO!!!

(Hoseok and Jin couldn't even wait and bolted right through the door, the rest of the group following)

 

YOONGI: Wait a minute...

 

 

JIN: THERE'S MULTIPLE ROOMS?!?!

 

Outro: Boy In Luv (Chorus)