chapter 6

The blind king

 

Moo myung and Ban-ryu face one another. everyone was quiet. the prince was intrege and yet worried for his friend. Soo-ho puts a hand on his shoulder. " do not worry about dog bird, he did not get his nickname for nothing." he says , the prince perplexe turn to him " what do you mean?"

soo-ho staid beaming " just watch, his gonna wipe that cocky smile of pretty boy face"

the prince turn back to the two. teacher Hwa Rang gave them both a wooden stick, but moo myung refused saying he will use his hand. Ban ryu says " suit yourself"

he did not waist no time before rushing towards moo myung. he frown when moo myung dodged the wood. he turn and swung, but his attacked was dodged once more, " how long are you gonna keep evading me, are you afraid to attack"

Moo myung staid quiet, he leapt this time, when Ban ryu tried to aim at his foot. moo landed on Ban wood, this upsets him. the crowd rejoiced seeing the effort being put into the fight. moo myung flip over and landed on the floor. he quickly acquired the wooden blade with his hand. the people gasp, they both jerk the wooden sword. " how dare you try to show off" 

moo myung stomached grumble. he really wish he had something right about now. Ban kick his side while he was distracting, causing him to move back. Dang, i got distracted, he thought. he watch as Ban run towards him to strike him, he duck just in time, this time using his elbow to jab his stomach. Ban ryu surprise drop his wood, before holding his stomach in pain. Hwa Rang smiling was really interested, he knew right away the boy lost after he left himself open like that. He stops fanning and raise his flag " how was it guys" he says stepping out. the crowd cheered. He says the two boys put up a great fight, but a promise is a promise. He picked one of his mans to step up before turning to moo myung. "your skills are impressive young man, but we will see how you handled a skilled warrior"

" I am not really interested, i just wanted the food he promised if i win"

Hwa rang chuckles " that it" he says before fanning himself " how about this, if you beat this man here, than you will get as much food as you like"

moo myung thought about it. He recalled his master yelling at him " fine" he says

and so, he once more prepared to fight.

 

Few minutes later..........

 

the prince watch his friend walk away injured. He was frowning because what happened was not right, that Hwa rang guy should have stopped the fight, but instead he let the man beat his friend until he starts bleeding. Soo ho told him to let it go. He says dog bird will get over it. He always does. The prince still did not like it. He look at the sky, to see the sun setting down. The festival is almost over. He did not want to leave his new friends like this. Suddenly a hand touch his shoulder. " where have you been your highness"

the prince frown seeing pa-o , but he soon remembered something. " pa-o , i need your help" he says 

soo ho, mouth wide open, look at the prince " your a boy" he says

"yes is not obvious" he questioned

obvious" he says

pa-o realizing soo ho knows the truth about the prince, puts a sword on his neck. The prince halt him. " leave him, he means no harm"

"but your highness, he knows your the prince"

soo ho tense, he was shaking nervously " i wont tell i promise" he says

the prince once again tells pa-o to put his sword down, this time he did. Soo sigh with relief. " who would have thought the prince was here this whole time"

" what do you mean"

"well we have never met you, so we always thought you did not exist"

the prince raised a brow " that ridiculous"

" its true, but seeing you now.  I am reassured"

the prince smile, pa-o remind him of the favor he asked for. He says if his sure. The prince nod.

 

Another hour later.......

 

moo myung was sitting on the grass, watching the pond. The suns ray reflecting on it, making it magical. He was angry that he lost. All that training he did, but it was in vein. Sighing, he looked at his hand. " maybe master was right, I do need more practice"

he was so busy that he did not see a young girl and her brother stopping. " are you alright" the boy says

moo myung looks up, but he did not say a word. The girl seeing his injures. drop her small basket and grab her small kit to clean his wound. The taller boy says " hi, my name sun-woo, and this cute little girl is Ah-ro"

he frown when moo myung still refused to talk. Ah-ro pouts " you could be a little nice" she says

Moo myung, looking at Ah- ro gentle little hands blush a little. He opened his mouth to say thank you, but it came out as a stutter. Sun woo smile, while his sister giggle. The tension was soon gone and they started talking. But what moo myung did not know was the prince hiding, while listening to them. His teacher had told him to make it fast because they were about to departure. That is why he had asked soo ho about moo myung favorite spot when his feeling down. He held the kit with medicine and drop the basket full of foods on the grass. Even thought the prince met moo myung twice, he was very stingy. He wanted moo myung attention only on him. He wanted him as his only friend. Sadly, he watch as moo crack a smile, this upsets him. The prince leave the area while ignoring their laughs. When he reached the gate, his teacher asked if he delivered the food. The prince remembering moo smile, he ignored his teacher and look away 

 

the king asked if everything was ok. Pa-o nod. And so with no problem, they head out, leaving for a long time. The queen watch them through her window, smirking evilly. The time has come for a new king, one that will protects and do anything for the people. Your time is ending uncle, and now it will be me, who ruled the lands. She finished.