Chapter 1

The blind king

 

A young boy about nine was inside studying. from time to time he would turn his head listening to the swords clanging and the children laughing. he wish he could go and join them, but his mother prevent him. his teacher cleared his throat, " I hope your listening to  the chapters of the former king" Pa-o says

Maek jong frown, he looks at where he thought his teacher was " every day is the same thing, when will you teach me to fight?" he questioned

pa-o sigh "you know I can't teach you, your mother prohibited it."

maek jong frown, his teacher seeing this says " when your father come, I will ask to take you as my discipline"

hearing this made the young prince very happy. After his studies, he asks to visit his mom. his teacher tense, he knew how much the queen despise her son. everyone in the palace knew.she would try any chance she gets to ruin him, and showing the king how unfit he is for the thrown. "I'm sorry my prince, but she's still unwell"

"mother has been sick since I started walking, why isn't anyone helping to find a cure" he questioned

"her sickness is rare" he lied, he hate lying to the king. he loves his mom so much, even though the queen never appeared before him or showed him, motherly love. sighing, he asks the prince if he would like to get something for his mother.

the prince smile. " I will find something that will make mother illness disappear"

a few hours later......

the prince was holding his teacher's hand while walking. he felt people bump into him and telling him to watch it. there were so many people around, it was making him dizzy. he could see shadows of their figure, but it wasn't that detailed.

it was similar to a sketchbook drawing. while thinking, someone bumps into them,  causing him to let go of pa-o hand. before he could get back up, he was rushed into the crowd.

lost an alone, maek jong tries to look for his teacher. but he stops when he heard someone talk about a flower that can help the sick.

curious, he follows the voice. a person asks, where can you find this flower. the men smirk "through the other side", the people started mumbling with one another. 

" I don't believe him"

"yeah.. why would the other side fill with dirty half-breed, have something like that?" 

the men play his drum " I speak the truth" he says

the people walk away, calling him a liar. the man pouts, but became curious when he spotted maek jong. " aren't you gonna leave too?"

the prince shook his head " you speak of a flower, that can heal. please take me to it"