chapter 4

The blind king

Hwarang-1.png

 

 

 

    when the prince arrives near the boats, he asks for the man that plays the drum. An elder lady says " you mean woo reuk? I will take you to him" The prince thanks her and follows her to his house. When they reach, she said good bye and left. The prince cleared his voice before calling him. Woo Reuk, came out while cleaning his ears. He looks at the prince and smile " so you've found the flower"

the prince nods, the man calmly walk to him, before chuckling. He grabs the flower in amazed " i cant believe its here, i did not actually think it exists. But here it is, the living proof. This is gonna be good for my herb collection" he mumbles

the prince a little skeptic, cleared his voice. " excuse me, this is mine"

Woo Reuk look at him, frowning. " fine..fine, how about we share it..hmm. I will cut it in half so you can get your share. "

"no, it's mine"

"listen kid, what you have found, is gold"

the prince impatient cross his arm " i do not care, you said you would help me, get back home once i found it. Would  you really go back on your words, that is not honorable "

the man pout " fine..fine, come inside with me. I will make the antidote before taking you back"

Sam Maek Jong sigh before coming in. While waiting, he wonder what time it was. Suddenly the door open, and in walks in a boy with shaggy hair, holding a fishing rod. " master woo reuk, i caught many today" he says smiling

he stop when he saw the prince. " you" he says

the prince confuse, wonder who it could be. He knew the voice was familiar. Woo rang looks at his student " you two know each other?"

the boy putting the fish down says " i saved her life when she was falling"

the prince finally recall who it was. He did not miss when the boy mistook him  for a girl. He was about to correct him, but he was cut off. " ok I am done, heres the antidote. The prince thanks him. Woo reuk got up " since, I am busy and i made a promise to you. Moo Myung here, will take you to the border instead.

"but" they both said

woo reuk dust himself before walking to the door. " c YA"

 

when he left, there was a long pause. Moo myung asks the prince if he was ready. The prince nod, and so moo myung leads the way. There was an awkward silence. The prince was staring at the floor with so much intense, That he almost tripped. Moo Myung looks back, he wonder what wrong with him. " so you're from the capital"

the prince startled nod " yes i am"

" you know people from the capitals are not allowed on the other side"

"why is that"

Moo myung thought about it " Because we are tainted. We are lower then dogs. That is why no one would give a damn if we die"

the prince frown, he did not like that answer. He thought of the old man that helped him find the flower, and the women that took him to woo reuk house. All of them were good people. He also thought about his family, how they try to help the poor. " your wrong"

"what"

the prince looks at moo myung "the king does care about his people. I've seen it with my eyes" he defends

Moo myung knits his brows and laugh " if that is true, why do they send the imperfection into the other side. Why do they not send food, and clothes for the poor? Why is there a border preventing us from entering the capital, and a law that punishes us from trying"

the prince did not know how to respond to that. He did not know these things were happening. He did not want to believe it. His father worked hard to bring peace to Silla, he would not be this cruel to his people. When they reached the border, Moo myung said his good byes. The prince snapping out of it calls him. " I-If this is really going on, t-then i will change it" he says determined

Moo myung raise a brow " and how will you do that"

" by breaking these walls, that segregates us"

moo myung eyes widen, he suddenly felt a rush of wind. He wipe his eyes to see the king hair swaying from side to side. The sun caressing his pale skin, giving him that angelic glow. He smirk " then i will be waiting for that day" he says before leaving.