Prologue

The blind king

 

    Queen Jiso was on the bed, holding a bundle in her arm. she smiles at what's inside. the servants complemented the baby. saying things like " his beautiful"  and " he has your nose my lady", jiso smile, indeed she was happy. she wasn't fond of marrying her uncle, but one good thing that came out of it was her son. she watches as he stirs, making her heart beat.when he opened, she was met with the most beautiful eyes. she was indeed proud. just when she was about to say something, she noticed something was off. her son wasn't looking straight at her, but instead at the ceiling. "whats wrong with him?' she asks concern

the women that helped her give birth hesitate. jiso once more ask what's wrong with her baby. when she spoke, she held authority, it was loud enough to make her son cry. the women stutter out of nervousness "m-m-my Q-queen...H-h-his B-blind", Jiso was shock, she looks at the baby once more, still crying in her arm. she was devastated, she didn't know what to do, having the first heir being blind will make him an easy target. besides that, she was worried about the people, how will her son protect them if he can't see. all these were running through her head.  she didn't want the king to see the baby. she told the women to get rid of the baby before the king arrives. "but my lady, he's your son"

"does it look like I care, I'd rather have a stillborn son than a blind child." " now help me, before the king arrive-" she never finish her sentence when she heard a voice saying the king is here. she panicked. the king walks in with a smile. he looks at the bundle in her arm, before looking at her. " is that him?"

Jiso silently nod. she curses under her breath while holding the baby tighter than she should. the king took the baby from her arm, out of happiness. the baby stops crying and looks at him. the king says " he will make a fine king, one just by his appearance alone will grab everyone's attention.

jiso tries to speak on behalf of her baby. " his blind my king" she blurted " his not fit to rule"

the king frown " he will learn to adjust to it and grow stronger."

" b-but my king"

" Enough!, today is a happy day for silla. I don't want to ruin this moment by arguing," he says.

the king looks at his son once more, before smiling " from now on you will be known as Sam Maek Jong, the future king of silla."  when he said this, the baby smile with content. like he knew what his father just said.