chapter 3

The blind king

Hwarang-1.png

 

 

the prince could hear sea gulls making their noises while falling. He was scared indeed. His mother face flashes before him. Its funny really because he has never seen his mother face, or been around her. Whenever he wishes to speak to her, theirs always a wall. Bracing himself, he wonder if this is the end for him. Would mother miss me? He thought, would father cry or teacher pa-o find my body. All these thoughts were running through the prince head. He was unaware of a boy jumping and catching him. Surprise, he turn to look at the intruder. The boy look at him for a second before turning around. He would have landed perfectly if he had not look away. The next thing they knew they were rolling on the sands like a pack of potatoes. 

"uh"

"urg-"

when they landed the prince open his eyes. The boy gasp seeing his eyes. It was so black, it was pulling him in. The prince feeling his stare, cheeks were starting to turn pink. He turns to look away only to realize the flower was gone. Panicking, he pushes the boy of him, and look around. When he found it, he ran to it and hold it for dear life. The boy confused looks at the prince. He did not know why he could hear drumming. He thought maybe he was hungry. He watched the prince cleaning the flower before speaking. " hey... what is with you and the flower"

the prince stop and turn to where he thought the voice was. " this flower is my life" he says

the boy raise a brow intrigue, but than he became confuse. " why are you talking to air, when I am over here"

the prince embarrassed, finally turn towards him. By that time the boy got up, only to wince in pain. " damn it" he cursed

alert the prince asks him what is wrong. The boy holding his leg says " i twisted my ankle"

the prince worried, casually walk to him. He bends down on his knees and put the flower down besides him. " may i " he says gesturing to his ankle. The boy remove his hand. The prince touch it trying to find the area where the pain was coming from. The boy wince, when he found it. " what are you doing? You are making it worse" he half yells

the prince silence him. The boy was about to respond again, when his ankle was twisted, And he heard a crack. He screamed bloody murder. The prince quietly got up, while the boy roll around, holding his foot. Grabbing his flower he says " your foot should be fine now, think of this as my gratitude for saving my life" he says before walking away

the boy stopped rolling around, and test his leg. Surprisingly it was better. He looks at where the prince went, amazed " what is he a healer"