Do you remember the time?

Beauty and the geekPimp

The smell of freshly brew coffee and two beacons & eggs with toasts breakfast place nicely on the dining table. I took off the apron and dip my head outside the kitchen to see no sight of the bondie. I find it unusual since Amber should be up for class. I was about to see whether she’s awake or not but before I reach to our bedroom a certain blonde came running out. She wore a plaid button shirt with a black tank top inside and denim skinny jeans. Her hair is a mess like she just woke up which she probably did.

 

“Morning babe.” Amber quickly place a quick peck on my lips, she then grab a piece of toast and ran to put her shoes on.

 

“I’m late I better get going now. Bye.” Without looking back Amber left the door. I just chuckled at her messy hair and that she’s going to spend a day with that hairstyle.

 

I should of taken a photo of that hairstyle.

 

I sat down and enjoy my homemade morning breakfast alone. Ever since the reunion party I have been thinking a lot about the past, our past to be exact. After we graduated I got accepted at my first choice university while Amber got accepted in a computer base college because of her outstanding computer skills. Sometimes I’m a bit envious of Amber because even though her grades weren’t as good as mine during high school but she knows what she wants and do for her future. While I have good grades I was lost in what I want to do in future so I just chose accountant as my course since I used to have good grades especially in math.

 

While washing the dishes old memories flow back again.

 

It was back in high school when the news of Amber forced a kiss on me. I felt really guilty at that time when Jonghyun punched Amber but I wasn’t brave enough to say anything other than just stared at her. I never thought Jonghyun was the type to spread such rumors to the entire school making Amber like some sort of ert. So I gathered all my courage and pulled Jonghyun for a talk.

 

*Flash back*

 

“Jonghyun did you spread the rumor out about Amber?” I angrily asked.

 

“What rumors? That was the truth I saw it with my own eyes.” He replied back.

 

It’s probably is his so-sure face that made me fed up that I just burst the truth out without thinking over it.

 

“You’re wrong! Amber and I are dating.”

 

“Yeah right. I know your friends with Amber but you don’t need to sacrifice yourself to cover up for her.” He scoffed not believing in my words.

 

“It’s true. I…love Amber.” I could feel tears already building up in my eyes. Just remembering how Amber looked at that time makes my heart ache. I suddenly squad down and burst out crying, the only thing I could think of is Amber and how I cannot lose her.

 

“W…wait, are you serious? B…but why?” Seeing that I suddenly cried Jonghyun didn’t know what to do and stuttered in his words.

 

Why? I also wonder why I fell in love with this geek. But I just love her.

 

I wipe the tears on my face and stood back up.

 

“Please don’t spread anymore bad things about Amber and she really treats you as a good friend.” Without waiting him to reply I turn around and left.

 

*End of flash back*

 

Back then I don’t know why I love Amber and I still don’t know why I love her but I just do. She is my everything and I have no idea how I’ll be like without her.

 

Ever since we graduated from high school and my parents found out about me loving a girl I live away from home. My parents were very against me being with a girl, I guess they couldn’t take it especially my dad and I just couldn’t live with them under the same roof if every time I see them all they say to me is ‘break up with Amber’.  My mum is a bit better, all she needed was some time to take it in and about 1 month later she contacted me. Amber and I had lunch together with my mum. It was the first time for Amber to see her and she was really nervous that her hands kept sweating. I remember I had to hold on to her hand tightly even though it’s sweaty. After 10 minutes of talking all the nervous in Amber had gone and surprisingly we had a fun lunch time together. I still remember mum says that no matter what happens I’m still her daughter and she will forever love me. At that time when I heard those words I burst out crying.

 

When Amber knows about my situation with my parents she took the initiative and rent this small place just for us. She could have lived with her parents but she didn’t. Since we moved out together we need to earn money for the rent, so we both end up finding a part-time job to pay for our daily expense. Being the geek and stalker she is Amber learned some photography skills while she’s taking paparazzi photos of Victoria. So she ended up finding a part-time photography assistant job at a small studio. While I have no experience or skills I just ended up finding a part-time job at a fast food restaurant. I don’t regret moving out with Amber even though we’re busy with work and studies but we get to be with each other every day and that’s all I need.

 

My phone vibrated, I quickly wipe my wet hands onto a cloth and grab my phone on the table. It was a message from Jonghyun. Ever since the reunion night we all exchange our phone numbers with each other making sure we still keep in contact. In the message Jonghyun said he wants to meet up with me and since I have nothing to do I reply back with a ‘yes’.

 

A few hours passed and I’m sitting at a café near our high school waiting for Jonghyun. After waiting for a few minutes Jonghyun came in the café. We greeted each other with a friendly smile and he sat in front of me. It was a little awkward as we both don’t know what to say.

 

“You know…ever since we met again I…realize I still have feelings for you.” He broke the awkward silence but now it’s even more awkward after his confession.

 

“Oppa…” I was in completely shock with his sudden confession.

 

“I know you and Amber are together and so in love with each other but I just can’t control my feelings.” He quickly cut in and explained.

 

“It’s not like I want you to be with me, I just want to let you know.” He added.

 

“Thanks oppa.” I felt a little relief when he said that and I couldn’t say anything other than a simple ‘thanks’.

 

Sorry oppa I can’t return your feelings.

 

We talked for awhile after he confessed pretending nothing had happened. Back in the high school days I never really talk to Jonghyun like friends, now after we talk for awhile I realize Jonghyun is quite a friendly person. I think if I hadn’t fallen for Amber Jonghyun might be a good boyfriend choice. The more I look at Jonghyun the more I realize that he looks like Amber. It’s kind of weird, or maybe I’m just so in love with Amber that I thought Jonghyun look a bit like Amber. Surprisingly we had a joyful chat together. He expressed his feelings and he said that he felt a lot better.

 

After parting I receive a call from Amber saying she’s done with her classes. I told her that I’m near our old school and she told me to wait for her near that area. I walk around the place while waiting for Amber to arrive. On each street I walk I can recall the young times of us together.

 

This place is full of memories.

 

I walk pass this boutique it’s the one that I first took Amber for her make-over. Unconsciously I walk inside all the sales that used to work here are gone. Instead to the female section I walk to the men’s section. As I browse around I unconsciously pick the clothes that might look good on Amber. Carrying a pile of clothing in my arms my trance of thoughts got interrupted when my phone rang. Without looking I knew it’s Amber because of the unique ringtone I set. The call ended quickly as I told her I’m at the boutique that I first shopped with her. She chuckled over the phone remembering which boutique I was talking about.

 

I hang up and continue to browse around until a pair of hands covers my eyes from behind.

 

“Guess who?”

 

Without needing to guess I knew exactly who it is. How could I forget my lover’s touch and voice even though she changed it into a high pitch tone?

 

“Amber!” I immediately reply taking her hands off my eyes. I turn around to face my lover.

 

“Shopping again?” She asked eyeing the pile of clothes in my arms.

 

“Sort of but these are all for you, now go try them and let me see.” I shove the pile of clothes in her arms and push her to the changing room. She gave me a confuse look but nevertheless obediently head inside the changing room.

 

I stood outside waiting for Amber to show me how she looks in them. Not even a minute has passed I heard a call from inside the cubical.

 

That was quick. She used to take a long time when trying on the clothes.

 

She stuck her head outside calling me to come inside. When I was near the cubical she immediately pulled me inside.

 

“Can you help me button it up?” She said with a sly smirk.

 

I looked at her; her shirt is ed revealing her black bra and taut stomach. Instantly I smiled because that was what exactly happened before. I grab her shirt and tug her closer to me so I can button her shirt for her. Slowly I button her shirt from the bottom without having eye contact with her but I can feel the gaze from her. I was half way when suddenly I felt her lips on mine. She nibbled on my lips and after a few seconds I start responding by doing the same thing. Our tongue connected colliding with one another and my hands instantly snake around her waist.

 

Our lips parted for more oxygen. We stared into each other eyes and the first thing she said was “Why aren’t you buttoning my shirt?” She showed a cocky smirk.

 

I just smirk back as this time I took the initiative to kiss her while my hands continue to button the rest of the buttons on her shirt. I can feel that she’s trying to distract me by roaming her hands around my body. But unfortunately I won the battle as I finished buttoning her shirt.

 

We parted our lips and I quickly stuck my tongue out showing my victory. We just laughed it off and then I concentrate back on the shirt I picked out for her.

 

“You look great.” I stared at her.

 

It was a simple black shirt but it fitted her perfectly and it looks great on her.

 

Amber continued to try each one of the clothes I picked and I must say I’ve got good taste because she looks good in each one of it. If those clothes were on sales I probably buy them all for her but it’s not so I only picked 2 pieces that I especially like.

 

“Are you hungry?” Amber asked once we got out of the boutique.

 

I grab Amber’s wrist and look at the time on her watch, surprised that it’s already 6pm. I simply nod and drag her to a restaurant that I had in mind for dinner.

 

“Remember this restaurant?” I asked hoping she will remember it too.

 

This was the first restaurant that we ate together well exclude the fast food restaurant that I treated her at that time I still find her disgusting.

 

“Of course I do, you help me out to pick a restaurant to dine with Victoria but in the end I didn’t go to the date because of you. Ah…it would have been a great date.”

 

She faked a disappointing look and I faked an angry look. I ignored her and walk inside alone.

 

“Baby I was just joking. I’m glad I didn’t go to the date because I wouldn’t have realized my feelings for you.” She quickly explained once we’re settled down at a table.

 

“Alright, I’m hungry now order food.” I smiled and push the menu in front of her.

 

She smiled back and starts ordering food. While eating we talked a lot about things that happened during high school.

 

I’m glad I was roomed with her back in high school.