Feeling insecure

Beauty and the geekPimp

After dinner with my family I went straight to my room. I sat down leaning my back on the bed board. Not long after I sat myself comfortably I heard my phone ring. I look at the caller ID and it was Amber. I grab the phone from the night stand, I held it in my hand and I just stared at the screen feeling a little unsure if I want to answer her phone call.

 

I kept staring at it and after a couple of rings the phone stopped. I somehow felt a little relief that it stopped. I was about to put the phone back down but the phone rings again surprising me.

 

I hesitated a little before I answer the phone call.

 

“Hey baby… Miss me?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“What’s wrong? You don’t sound good.”

 

“Nothing. Just…something that bothered me.”

 

“Want to tell me about it?”

 

“It’s okay I can solve it.”

 

“Ok, but if you need me I’m always here for you.”

 

After hearing that I suddenly burst out crying, I don’t know why I suddenly acted like that.

 

“Kry what’s wrong? What happened?” I can hear her panic voice over the phone.

 

“Nothing…” I quickly wipe my tears.

 

“I got to go. Cya.” I quick end our call before she starts questioning again.

 

I just threw the phone down then I buried my face in the pillow and burst out crying. What is that I’m feeling? That’s right, I felt a little scared, scared of losing Amber. I know Amber loves me but I just can’t help but to feel so insecure all of the sudden.

 

I don’t know how long I’ve cried for but I cried until I felt wasted and fell asleep.

 

I woke up on the next day looking myself in the mirror. I look horrible with the red puffy eyes, I wash my face and tried to cover it up with some makeup. As usual I went to class pretending nothing was wrong with me. But I guess my makeup failed as Taemin immediately saw my puffy red eyes.

 

“Hey Krys what happened to you?” He asked point to my puffy eyes.

 

“Oh…nothing…” I fidget my hair and tried to act normally.

 

He just stared at me and soon the teacher came in which I never been that happy before to see him. When the lesson starts we both put our full concentration to the teacher that somehow it putted my mind off the thought of Amber. When we finish class Taemin insist of going to the ice-cream shop together. I wasn’t in the mood of any sweet things but Taemin kept pulling me along with him. So he forcefully dragged me in the ice-cream with him. We always go here together so without needing me to pick a flavor he knew exactly what I like. He ordered to cups of ice-cream and paid for it.

 

“Come on. Don’t waste my money.” He pushes the cup of ice-cream in front of me insisting me to eat.

 

I look at him he was smiling cutely scooping the ice-cream and popping the spoon in his mouth. And when he tasted the ice-cream he made a ‘yummmm’ sound and closes his eyes. His child-like action brought a smile to me.

 

I pick up the spoon and scoop a spoonful of my favorite cookie and cream ice-cream into to my mouth. I imitated Taemin closing my eyes and made a ‘yummmm’ sound.

 

“Now that’s more like the Krystal Jung I know.” He said and continues to scoop more ice-cream with his spoon.

 

“Thanks. It really put my mind off.” I said while twirling the spoon in the ice-cream.

 

“I don’t know what’s troubling you but if it’s about your relationship with your girlfriend then I can’t really help you since you know I haven’t been in love before.”

 

I told Taemin about my relationship with Amber since we gotten close. We have the same classes so I see him all the time. When I told him I’m in a relationship with a girl he was fine with it and told me he supports true love.

 

“I don’t know why but I’m just feeling a little insecure like she’s going to leave me anytime soon.” I sighed feeling all down suddenly.

 

“You told me if you want to secure a relationship the two must be honest to each other. So you just have to talk your heart out with her.” He said innocently and continues to scoop his ice-cream.

 

That’s right. Honesty.

 

A smile appeared on my face as I remembered how I heard many breakup stories from my friends because of being dishonest with your partner.

 

 

 

I gave myself a few days to structure myself thinking of how I should tell Amber about my feelings. And today was the perfect day since my parents will be attending to a friend’s wedding which leaves the house to all to me.

 

I dialed Amber’s number and I felt my heart beating so fast like I’m calling my crush. When it connected I found myself stuttering which was unusual. I quickly said the words that I replayed it millions of times in my head and Amber immediately said she’ll come over in no time. I end the call and I lay myself on the bed.

 

Why am I nervous? It’s not like I’m going to propose or something.

 

Feeling a little sweaty I push myself up and head to the bathroom.

 

After I finish showering and dried my wet hair it was just in time that I heard the door bell. I quickly threw the towel away and ran to the door. I open the door revealing Amber’s goofy face. She immediately pulls me into her embrace.

 

“I miss you.” She held me as tight as possible.

 

I close my eyes and tightly my arms around her and we stood there for minutes just feeling each other’s warmth. I guess I really did scare when I told her I needed some time alone. I broke the hug and pull her inside the house. I lead her up to my bedroom so we can talk comfortably.

 

“I’m sorry Amber, it’s just…I suddenly felt so insecure that I needed some time alone.”

 

“Did I do something wrong that made you felt insecure?”

 

“No…I mean…I guess you change so much since high school that one day it suddenly strike in me that I might lose you. I’m just scared of losing you.” I said trying to push the tears back in my eyes.

 

She reaches her hand caressing my cheek then lightly kisses me on the lips.

 

“Sorry…I never thought my changes make you feel this way. I just thought I need to change so I can look ‘cooler’ beside you.”

 

She changed because of…me?

 

I was surprise at her words. I never thought she will change because of me, I just thought there’s always a time in life where a person somehow just changes. Like it’s a process you go through in life.

 

“I always thought I’m going to lose you one day if I don’t change. I mean you’re the pretty and smart girl in school and I’m just the stupid geek. You’re getting prettier by day and I just need to change myself so I can be in level with you.”

 

My mouth drop opened in an O shape. I don’t know what I should say or maybe I’m too touched to even say anything.

 

“Even now I still feel scared that I might lose you that is why I must always improve myself.” She said looking right into my eyes.

 

And her words were enough to make me burst out crying. Suddenly I felt we’re so stupid because both of us feelings the same way about each other scared that we will lose each other someday.

 

“…Sorry, I never knew you felt this way.” I apologized while burst out crying.

 

She cupped my cheeks with both hands and wipes away the tears with her thumb.

 

“Sorry Amber…you don’t need to change because of me, just stay the way you are.” I said cupping my hands on her cheeks as well.

 

She nodded.

 

“I’m sorry for making you feel this way.” She slowly leans in and captures my lips.

 

I close my eyes and as I respond to her kiss feeling her lips.

 

We just lay on my bed hugging each other silently. Words wasn’t necessarily at this moment all we need was to feel each other warmth.

 

“Have you ever thought of getting married or have kids?” Amber suddenly question.

 

I knew last time when dad mention marriage and kids it really hurt Amber like she couldn’t give me a ‘normal’ family.

 

“I did but I chose to be with you so I won’t complain about it.”

 

Suddenly Amber pushes us apart, both her hands place on my shoulders and she face right in front of me.

 

“Let’s get marry. We can go to Spain, Sweden or New York somewhere that approves of same- marriage.”

 

I was taken aback by her sudden words. I stared in her eyes and saw her eyes glistening in excitement. I pulled out a smile and just crash my lips on hers. It wasn’t a gentle kiss at all; I aggressively took her lips in mine and it hard earning a moan from her. I pulled away when oxygen was necessary. She gave me a confuse look.

 

“Marriage is just a piece of paper to me it has no meaning at all. As long as you love me that’s all I need from you.”

 

“Do you want kids then?” She asked still with a confuse look.

 

“Are you going to get pregnant?” I chuckled.

 

I can’t imagine how it’s like if Amber is pregnant.

 

“No way!” She half screamed.

 

“I can’t imagine what it’s like for me to be pregnant.” She added in.

 

I just laughed; I swear Amber’s face is priceless the moment I asked if she’s the one to be pregnant.

 

“Let’s not think about that, we’re still young so let’s just enjoy our youth time together.” The seconds I finish my words I pull her in and crash my lips against hers again. But this time she took quickly took the lead.

 

Love is all about trust and honesty.

 

As long as we follow the two rules I think our love can stay forever.

--------------------

A/N: So all the waiting was worth it right? Since that I have posted the rest of the chapters all in once. So this is the end, last chapter. Hope you enjoy these 8 chapters. I know there's still things probably not explained properly/clearly but it's hard to add it in since it's not the right POV. Also about how Dinober and Bling Bling Jjong doesn't knows each other, let's just say there is something in life that is so close to you but you just don't know about it.

That's all, if you have questions about this fic, feel free to ask. I'm going to stay quiet for awhile until I finish another Kryber fic.