Meet the parents

Beauty and the geekPimp

Waking up in the early morning by a random phone call, I reach my hand out finding my phone then casually answer it.

 

“Krystal? It’s mum.”

 

Hearing her voice I quickly jolt up to a sitting position.

 

“Morning mum.” I greeted her like usual.

 

“Look dad and I want to have dinner with Amber.”

 

“Really? Dad has accepted Amber?” My voice squealed in excitement.

 

Dad is the stubborn one that didn’t accept all along and that’s the reason why I left home. Now that hearing he wants to meet Amber I felt so happy that I cannot describe it in words.

 

“Well I’ve been convincing him all along. He finally agrees to ‘try’ and accept the two of you. But he wants to meet Amber.”

 

“Thank you mum, how about tonight?” I can’t wait any longer so I made the meeting as quick as possible. It seem Amber heard my happy squealing that has woke her up too. She sat up and hugging me from the back pressing her ear against the other side of my phone trying to eavesdrop on my conversation.

 

“7:30pm? Alright.” I end the call.

 

Amber gave me a confused look and I just cup her face and plant continuous kisses on her lips.

 

“What happened?” Even though she’s enjoying the kisses but she stopped me from doing so.

 

“Dad and mum want to have dinner with us tonight!” I happily said.

 

A smile immediately appeared on Amber’s face showing sign that she’s also been waiting for this moment with my parents.

 

 

 

We suppose to have dinner together with Sulli and Luna but meeting my parents is much more important so we cancelled it. I could tell she’s really nervous about it because she kept checking herself in the mirror whether she’s well groomed or not. It’s a rare chance to meet my dad so I guess she doesn’t want to mess it up.

 

“Baby you look great.” I pulled her by the collar tearing her eyes off the mirror. I gave her a peck before looking at her from head to toe.

 

Perfect.

 

We’re having dinner at my home so I pick out a casual smart outfit for her, simple black skinny jeans with a black top and jacket.

 

“But…maybe I should dye my hair back to black.” She turns back facing the mirror and played with her gelled blonde hair.

 

“Its fine and we don’t have time to do that.” I peck her again and this time pulls her away from the mirror.

 

 

 

Amber drove to my house without saying a word, the entire way we just stayed silent. I guess she’s preparing herself like thinking of what to say when she meets my dad. When we arrived we walk to the front door hand in hand. She took a deep breath in before pressing the door bell. The door opened quickly as if mother was waiting by the door.

 

We instantly hug each other, Amber seen my mum a lot so she’s comfortable with her. On the other hand Amber saw my dad once and when he’s not in a good mood too.

 

Amber gulps seeing my dad sitting alone in the living room staring at us. She held my hand tightly pulling me to the direction of my dad.

 

“Mr. Jung.” She greeted with full manner doing a 90 degrees bow.

 

“This is a present I brought. Krystal said you like red wine so I hope you’ll like this.” She took the bag away from my hand and hand it to my dad.

 

Dad just stares at us like he’s examining Amber from head to toe. It was awkward that mum had to take the present from Amber before the situation turns bad.

 

“Amber, Krystal, take a sit. Dinner is almost ready.” Mum said trying to break the awkwardness.

 

The four of us sat down on the couch in silent. Amber was rolling her eyes like she doesn’t know what to do.

 

“Honestly I don’t like my daughter going out with a girl. It’s only normal that I go against it. Who doesn’t want their child to have a normal life, getting married and having kids?” Dad spoke and I can see Amber feeling a little sad when ‘marriage’ and ‘kids’ are mention.

 

“But I guess it’s better than losing my one and only precious daughter.” He finally smiled.

 

“Krystal give daddy a hug?” He asked spreading his arms out.

 

Both of us all let out a relief smile and I immediately ran into dad’s embrace. The feeling of the broad shoulders and strong arms wrapping around me that I missed so much.

 

When dinner is ready we ate together peacefully. Dad joked a bit and I also can see Amber feel more comfortable around him. After dinner I took Amber to my bedroom that she never been before. Everything inside is the same and I can tell mum often cleans it since not a bit of dust is found.

 

“It’s a little girlier than what I imagined.” Amber commented as she comfortably sat on the bed.

 

The room has a lot of pink stuff, dolls and posters of my idols.

 

“Yeh it is.” I chuckled also agreeing to it too.

 

How did I used to like these idols anyways?

 

I also sat on my old bed next to Amber.

 

“I’m so glad dad has finally accepted us.” I snuggled in Amber’s embrace.

 

“He said he has not fully accepted us yet.”

 

“It’s a good start anyways. I know dad will bless us eventually.”

 

We spent a long time in the room, and no we didn’t do anything naughty we just talked, hugged and from time to time stealing pecks from each other. We also went through my childhood photos and had a good laugh at them.

 

When we were about to leave mum suddenly said. “Krystal, now that dad is starting to accept your relationship with Amber, why don’t you move back in with us?”

 

I never thought of moving back with my parents, I guess I got really comfortable living alone with Amber. I froze at the mention of moving that I didn’t respond to the question.

 

“Mum…” I didn’t know what to say.

 

“Think about it. It must be a burden to rent that apartment.” She said with pleading eyes. Yes she knows how much it cost to rent that apartment we’re living in that’s why sometimes I had to work extra shift to make up the cost if we spent too much on that week.

 

We left the house without me giving an answer back. I couldn’t help but kept thinking about what mum said. I know they want me to live with them and so do I but at the same time I don’t want to leave Amber’s side.

 

“Krystal, whatever you decide I will respect it and support you.” She grabs my hand and squeezes it.

 

Thank you Amber.