Snippet: 61

The Others
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Happy birthday!"

Jisoo jumped at the sudden chorus of voices after he had opened the door to Jeonghan's dark living room on Seokmin's behalf. The lights got flicked on and not only his Forcebearers but also Daehyun's group as well as Shownu's and - to his surprise - Jackson's group beamed at him. Even Minzy was there, next to Zelo.

Hand pressed against his chest to calm his racing heart, Jisoo stepped through the doorway, a bright smile blooming on his lips at the sight of his friends. He could feel the happiness of his Forcebearers wrapping around him like a warm blanket.

 

"Oh - Yongguk! That's so expensive!" Jisoo stared wide-eyed at the phone in the small box he had just opened after the Warrior had handed it to him with his usual gummy smile.

"It's a gift from all of us. Don't worry, everyone pitched in; even the cheapskate next to me," Daehyun jumped in while Jackson's face darkened at the words of his boyfriend.

"Oy! I-"

"We just didn't want you to keep carrying that old thing around. I can't understand half of the stuff you're saying when you call me," Zelo said and Jeonghan next to him nodded in approval.

Jisoo shot his Warrior a distrustful look - Jeonghan had been nagging him about buying a new phone for ages - but he was met with wide, innocent eyes. Turning back to the people in front of him, he smiled softly. "Thank you. I don't know how I can thank you enough."

"Don't sweat it!" Jooheon wrapped an arm around his shoulders and guided him towards a massive folding table. It was piled high with food and in the middle of it all sat a massive cake with Jisoo's name artfully drawn on it. "Look at the food! Those cupcakes are from Kihyun and this salad-"

It only took a few seconds until Mingyu had plucked his Wielder out of the Forcebearer's arms and pulled him into his own. "Stop hogging him, idiot."

 

The room was filled with chatter and laughter when Yugyeom tugged on Jisoo's shirt, pulling him aside. "I have a gift too, Jisoo hyung."

Raising his brows, the Wielder set his plate of potato salad down on the nearest table before he turned to the younger male. "I thought the phone was from all of you?"

"Yes, yes, but I got you another one."

"Oh, Yugyeom-"

"Shhh. It's not really for you, if you know what I mean. But it'll help with your... situation."

"My situation?" Jisoo echoed and stared at the young Warrior in confusion but Yugyeom only winked and pushed the small package into his arms before he left towards Wonho and Mark.

Jisoo examined the package for a moment before he decided to open it later in the safety of his room. This certainly sounded fishy and Yugyeom's wink had only served to make him more wary.

 

Jihoon was eating his breakfast in the silence of the kitchen. The living room was still filled with trash and crumbs and a lot of other unpleasant stuff and until the cleaning squad he had hired had done their job, he wouldn't set a single foot in there.

As usual, he was the first one awake and he enjoyed it. It wasn't like he hated the presence of the others but sometimes they grated on his nerves.

All of a sudden, the door opened and his brows immediately furrowed - speak of the devil - but it was just Wonwoo. He didn't mind Wonwoo much; the guy knew how to keep quiet.

They nodded at each other and the tall Guardian busied himself with the coffee machine. Jihoon had just gotten absorbed into another news article when the door opened once again.

Why was everyone so god damn early today? Especially after staying up late and getting completely faced yesterday.

He peeked over his newspaper and found Seokmin across from him, a tired look on his face. Seokmin was okay, too.

"Good morning!"

He jumped at the sudden sound of Minghao's loud voice. Minghao was not okay.

The glare he shot him was acidic enough to melt steel and the redhead immediately pretended to seal his mouth shut and got very absorbed into prepari

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter