Guardian Angel

The Others
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning: Death



Jisoo sank to the dirty ground, dragging Jihoon's smaller frame with him in the process. He was shaking uncontrollably and couldn't stop gasping for air, his breath escaping in little sobs and whimpers he frantically tried to stifle with his hands, smearing blood from the cut all over his face. The Warrior crouched down next to him and wrapped him in a warm embrace to calm him down while simultaneously keeping an eye out for the pursuers. Their loud footsteps and heavy breathing had gotten extremely close and Jihoon tightened his hold and hid his face in the Wielder's hair when the two men stormed past.

It was in this moment of terror, while he listened to the other's surprisingly calm heartbeat and breathed in his natural soapy scent, that Jisoo realized how much he had actually come to trust the Warrior - although he had feared his harsh words and angry stares not even a week ago.

 

"I think they're gone for now," Jihoon whispered after a minute had passed, ", that was close. What the hell happened? Who are they?" Jisoo had to consciously force his hands to let go of the other's thick sweater and reluctantly lifted his head from the warm comforting chest, but Jihoon's eyes darkened dangerously at the sight of his bloody and beaten face. "Those s! I'll ki-"

This time it was Jisoo who quickly sealed the Warrior's lips with his fingers. "Shhh! Let's just get out of here, I don't want them to come back," he whispered weakly and tried to get up, but his legs felt like jelly and the whole world was wavering slightly around him. Jihoon carefully helped him up and Jisoo whimpered quietly in pain. The rush of adrenaline was slowly ebbing away, leaving him tired and finally able to feel the full aftermath of the punches he had endured earlier. Half of his face was sore and his stomach felt like a wrecking ball had hit it, but it all got overshadowed by searing pain whenever he moved his shoulder. Jihoon's face clearly mirrored his inner conflict between concern and rage when he propped up the Wielder and helped him walk.

"How did you know where to find me?" Jisoo asked, after they had staggered down the street in silence for a few long moments.

"That was weird actually. I got a call from an unknown number on my way home, telling me that you're in danger and that I need to head there immediately. Of course I was sceptical but the guy sounded really concerned so I just listened to him and he led me to the vending machine and told me to hide and wait until you arrive. Then he hung up. At first I thought it was some sort of sick joke but then you came running." Jihoon smiled weakly and shook his head.

"He didn't tell you his name?"

"Just that you know him."

Silence descended once again while Jisoo pondered the possibility of his anonymous letter writer being the same person who had alarmed Jihoon. It seemed highly likely and the gratitude he felt towards the stranger was immeasurable.

Without a warning Jihoon stopped walking and yanked him around a corner into another small street. They stood there quietly for a few heartbeats and Jisoo tried to breathe through the pain in his shoulder while listening for whatever had alarmed the other - until Jihoon suddenly hissed curses. ", , , they're coming from both sides. We gotta run." He grabbed Jisoo's hand and pulled him along at a fast pace, the Wielder stumbling after him. As soon as their irregular steps became audible on the pavement their pursuers picked up speed as well, even Jisoo could hear them now.

"I don't think we can shake them off," Jihoon gasped after a minute. "! Bond with me, I need to use my ability if they catch us!"

"How?!" Jisoo was already wheezing, exhausted from the earlier chase and barely able to speak.

"Hit your knuckles against the walls or something," Jihoon replied, irritation lacing his voice and did exactly as he had suggested. Their speed in combination with the rough texture of the bricks was enough to break his skin and he cursed quietly at the pain. Jisoo followed suit and then reached over to get their knuckles to touch. He could feel the contract forming even while running and he was immediately filled with Jihoon's anger and determination - it helped to subdue his own panic and worry a little.

Both of those feelings flooded back with vengeance when Jihoon abruptly came to a stop, causing Jisoo to stumble into him at full speed and nearly causing them to fall. "Wha-" He cut himself off when he saw the leader of the group standing in the middle of the alleyway, smirking and aiming a gun at them. Everything in Jisoo froze.

Behind the pair their pursuers arrived, panting and holding their sides. Jihoon slowly moved sideways with measured steps, pushing Jisoo along until the Wielder's back was pressed against a brickwall and the Warrior stood in front of him, shielding his body from the approaching Wielder and his lackeys.

"Looks like we got someone new. Another cute friend to play with, this night is getting better and better." The leader leered at the trapped boys and his Forcebearers grinned disgustingly.

"Piss off, dickhead," Jihoon snarled back, his temper immediately flaring up, fury rushing through the bond in Jisoo's chest.

"Someone's a little agitated. How about you move aside so I don't have to shoot you, darling?"

"How about you go and yourself?"

Jisoo whimpered at Jihoon's recklessness and tightened his grip on his Warrior's sweater, his eyes not daring to leave the shiny weapon in the other Wielder's hand even for a second.

Said Wielder looked extremely displeased at the amount of resistance Jihoon offered

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter