Strangers

The Others
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Okay guys, we have a problem." Walking up and down the living room, the brunette intruder clapped his hands twice before he turned towards the people seated on the couch. "There's a-"

"Excuse me, but who are you exactly?" Minghao cut him off, earning himself a miffed look.

"Don't interrupt me, it's rude. As I was saying, there's-"

"It's even more rude to barge in without introducing yourself," the redhead hissed. "I'll throw you out of the freaking window if you don't tell us your name. Now."

"Wow, aren't you a ray of sunshine? You don't want to throw me out of your window because you'll want the information I'm about to give you. That is, if you let me finish my-"

"Ah! I've seen you before! You're the weirdo who kept staring at me in calculus class on my first day! I told you about him, hyung, remember?" This time it was Chan who interrupted the male and his round face darkened dangerously.

"You did? I'm sorry but I don't remember, Channie." Jisoo seemed slightly saddened by his inability to recall the event before he turned towards the intruder with a smile. "It's nice to finally meet you in person. But didn't you say that you don't want your Wielder to know that you've been talking to me? Isn't it dangerous to come here?"

The stranger leaned against the bookshelf and crossed his arms, a hard look in his eyes. "Well, in approximately ten days I'll be unbonded, so it doesn't really matter all that much anymore." His face softened when he examined Jisoo and a small smile tugged at the corner of his mouth. "But yeah, nice to officially meet you after watching you for so long. And for the less intelligent people here," he sent a mocking grin towards Minghao who immediately flushed almost as red as his hair, "my ability is Clairvoyance, the name's Boo Seungkwan. Of course I-"

"Wait, you're the locker guy?!" Chan seemed somewhat disappointed at the revelation and Seungkwan massaged his temples in annoyance.

"As soon as I'm bonded with Jisoo, I'm going to force you people to drink dishwater whenever you interrupt me. I can't keep living like that." He waved his hands in a dramatic motion and Soonyoung coughed to hide his laughter.

"Uhm... bonded with me?" Jisoo inquired carefully, fully prepared for another outburst.

"Obviously. Do you really think I'd meddle that much into the life of some random nobody? I saw that we would end up in a contract, I just didn't know when and how until recently," Seungkwan stated matter-of-factly and gave Soonyoung the stink-eye, who was still unsuccessfully trying to smother his giggles. "But that's not important right now. I'm here because we need to find a Warrior."

Silence followed his words until Minghao spoke. "That was the least helpful thing I've ever heard. How about some details, Mr. Know-it-all?"

Jisoo placed a hand on his Warrior's arm to keep him calm and smiled apologetically at the rather displeased Guardian. "Why do we need to find that Warrior? And who exactly is he?"

"Because he'll be part of the group, obviously, and because he's in trouble right now." Seungkwan hesitated for a few seconds before a light blush tinted his cheeks. "I don't know who or where he is, sorry."

"You want us to search for someone we don't know, without knowing a location either?" Chan repeated, disbelief written all over his face, and Minghao shook his head next to him.

"But it's really important! He's wounded and unbonded; it's dangerous for him to be out there alone. And I don't think he's conscious either; we can't leave him like that," Seungkwan exclaimed, his pleading eyes directed at Jisoo. "We'll find him! I know it!"

"Why are you so invested in someone you don't know?" Soonyoung asked, his expression somewhere between mild fascination and amusement.

The Guardian's eyes moved towards him and his face turned pensive. "It's hard to explain. I don't know him personally but I've seen my future with him, so to me it feels as if we're already friends, somewhat. Urgh, come on guys! We can't just sit here!"

While the Forcebearer's still looked unconvinced, Jisoo nodded slowly, much to the delight of Seungkwan. "I understand why you want to find him, but how do we start exactly?" he asked and ignored the disbelieving looks of his Bonded.

The Clairvoyance Guardian ran his fingers through his hair while he tried to come up with a realistic solution, successfully turning it into a mess, but before he could make a proposal, his eyes lost their lively glimmer and his face turned expressionless. The rest of the group watched him with mixed feelings until he flinched and returned back to normal a few seconds later.

"Was that a vision?" Chan asked curiously and Seungkwan nodded. "What did you see?"

Instead of answering, the Guardian walked over to the front door and opened it, revealing Seokmin, who had just reached for the bell. "That's so cool," whispered Soonyoung, admiration sparkling in his eyes, while Seokmin looked completely bewildered when Seungkwan greeted him by name and introduced himself.

"So, we were just talking about how to find an injured Warrior. Since you're a Healer, maybe you can help us out?"

"Uhm..." Seokmin took off his parka, still a little perplexed, and Jisoo got up to greet him with a hug. The Healer wrapped an arm around his waist while answering Seungkwan's question. "Well, I can feel it when I'm in the presence of blood, so I guess theoretically I could trace someone who's heavily wounded. I've never tried it before though." The Wielder felt a tingle in his injured finger and knew that the Guardian had healed him even without being asked to do so. He frowned but the Healer only grinned in response.

"Sounds good, let's go!" Seungkwan looked much more satisfied with the answer than the rest of the Forcebearers, Seokmin included. Jisoo simply smiled at his enthusiasm and went to grab his coat, followed shortly afterwards by his reluctant Bonded, Seungkwan and Soonyoung.

 

It was hard to determine whose mood was worse: Minghao had been muttering about wasted time ever since they had left the flat, Chan was loudly complaining about being hungry since they hadn't been able to finish cooking their dinner, and Seungkwan got more and more agitated the longer they took, while Seokmin seemed close to despair since he couldn't detect anything more than a few scraped knees here and there.

The only people unaffected so far were Soonyoung, who was humming a quiet tune to himself and skipped ahead, and Jisoo, who trailed behind the grumpy Forcebearers, enjoying the crisp night air. Even though he knew that an injured Warrior was waiting somewhere, it was hard to feel stressed about it since the situation was so abstract. Therefore he walked slowly while listening to Minghao's and Chan's agitated conversation.

His thoughts drifted towards Jihoon and Seungcheol, but once again he forced himself not to think about the events of this afternoon and what possible consequences they could have. Instead he focused on Hansol and Jun, a topic that was probably even worse than the previous one. He briefly wondered if the nameless Warrior would be in a similar state to Jun after he had gotten shot and he prayed that it wouldn't be the case. Thinking of the brothers made his heart ache and caused anxiety to bubble in his stomach. Although he tried his hardest not to imagine the possibility that they had gotten caught, he was fighting a losing battle and images of pain and death started running through his head like a frightening movie.

Jisoo stopped walking and focused on his breathing, the way Seokmin had taught him after the third consecutive night of dead eyes, blazing guns and bloody towels.

In. Out. In. Out.

It took quite a while but the anxiety receded and he was able to once again breathe more freely.

The moment of relief was short-lived when he noticed that he had lost sight of his group. At least it wasn't the side alleys again, he told himself, although he could still feel the hairs on his skin raising. His fingers were shaking when he fished his phone out of his pocket. The first number was Seokmin's since they had talked not too long ago and he called him while cautiously moving along the dimly lit street next to a small park. The looming shadows of trees and bushes made him shudder and he hastily looked away.

"Jisoo? Where are you?" The Wielder relaxed slightly at the sound of the Healer's concerned voice.

"Sorry, I got distracted and now I'm a bit lost. I'm next to a park, could you come and pick me up, please?"

"Sure, stay where you are and we'll be there in- ah."

"Seokmin?" The sudden interruption worried Jisoo and he fidgeted, glancing at the trees once again.

"I think I can feel him," the other whispered excitedly, "he's around here somewhere!"

"Oh." Although Jisoo would have preferred to get pic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter