Devils' deals

The Others
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Okay! Let's go, folks!"

Jun stumbled against Wonwoo when Seokmin got pushed into his side.

", at least give us some goddamn space, !" Jihoon hit the air next to him, a dull sound ringing through the hallway when his fist met the force that caged them in. In response, the invisible walls came even closer and Chan whimpered fearfully when he couldn't move away from them any further, his back already pressed tightly against Minghao's chest.

Soonyoung was leaning against a cabinet filled with ugly figurines, amusement on his face at the sight of their anxious expressions. "You just gotta move if you don't want to get squished, you know? The living room is right over there, next to the stairs. Ah, have I already told you about the time I accidentally set fire to the rug? My Wielder wasn't happy but I still think it was for the best since he got a nicer one as replacement. At least the new one somewhat matches the colour of the curtains."

Ignoring his chatter, the group hesitantly moved towards the polished wooden door Soonyoung had pointed out, all of them sticking closely together. Jihoon had taken the lead, Seungcheol only centimetres behind him.

"What happened to Jisoo? Is he okay?" Chan dared to interrupt the blond Warrior's monologue, his voice trembling at the question. Soonyoung's catlike eyes focused on him and the Guardian immediately reached for Jeonghan's hand who, in turn, pulled him closer and moved in front of him.

"It's rude to interrupt your seniors; Jisoo should have taught you that much. But I guess he's kinda lax when it comes to stuff like that. Oh well. He's doing great; he's upstairs." All eyes immediately darted to the staircase, the blond Warrior watching them like a hawk. "My forcefields are blocking everything but the door in front of you. No need for any heroic deeds," he added nonchalantly and grinned when Minghao's and Hansol's shoulders slumped. "Oh, which reminds me..."

Jeonghan's stance grew more hostile the closer Soonyoung came. The other Forcebearers tensed as well, their expressions ranging from afraid to angry, but the blond seemed completely unfazed. He stopped in front of the duo and eyed Chan who was returning his gaze stubbornly. "I need you to be in front but you can bring your guard dog if you want."

"Excuse me?! What did you just call me, you little-" Jeonghan's words got interrupted when Mingyu and Minghao simultaneously jumped forward in an attempt to tackle the blond Warrior while Jun and Hansol used the distraction to make a dash for the nearest window, pulling Seokmin and Seungkwan along.

For a short moment, hope blossomed in the Forcebearers' chests - but then the same dull sound from before rang through the hallway several times and everyone got thrown against the wall for the second time that night. Even more china and figurines came crashing down. The blond Warrior stood in the middle of the chaos, completely unaffected, shards and splinters bouncing off the barricade around him.

Heavy silence filled the hallway until he broke it with an exasperated sigh. "Great, more stuff for me to clean up tomorrow. Urgh, and he's going to be so pissed; that was one of his favourite vases." Soonyoung ruffled his hair in frustration. "But seriously, guys, do you really think I'm stupid enough to not protect myself? And I just told you there are forcefields everywhere here. What's wrong with you?" With another weary sigh, he rubbed his temples before he looked back up, a weak version of his usual smile on his face. "I'm pretty angry right now but I promised not to do anything rash. So if you could finally move your freaking butts into the living room, like, now, that would be ah-wesome. And no more playing around - I can't guarantee Jisoo's safety otherwise." His smile had regained its usual brightness when he released them and the Forcebearers hastily stumbled down the hallway at the thinly veiled threat.

Chan was shaking when he reached for the door handle but the room he revealed was devoid of people, only a small fire crackled in an ornamented fireplace, almost hidden behind a massive leather sofa. He flinched when Soonyoung flicked on the lights and huddled even closer to Jeonghan who was scanning the room cautiously, one arm wrapped around the young Guardian. Seungcheol and Jihoon followed shortly after, the dedication on their faces proving that they were fully prepared to attack every potential threat.

The next one to enter was Seungkwan but as soon as he could make out the room, he stopped dead in his tracks, blocking the door. Everyone jumped at the sound of his voice. "No. Nononono. We can't be in here! Turn back! Get out!" He reached for Seungcheol and Chan but his fingers met resistance and he fruitlessly tried to claw his way through the forcefield, his round face several shades too pale.

"Come on, the wallpaper is a bit tacky but it's not thaaaat bad. But yeah, I've tried to get my Wielder to change it but he likes it that way unfortunately. He doesn't have the best taste in my opinion but don't tell him I said that." With a cheeky wink and wave of his hand, Soonyoung used his ability to push the remaining Forcebearers into the room before he closed the door behind them. Then he strode past the group and clapped his hands to get their attention. "Nice! Okay, now that we're all gathered, my Wielder-"

"Soonyoung, I had a dream- I mean, a vision! This room-"

"I said. My Wielder should be here-"

"Please, listen! It's super important! I-"

"Stop interru-"

"I'm sorry! But-"

Soonyoung's smile had turned noticeably colder the more Seungkwan had interrupted him but not even Minghao's persistent nudges or Jihoon's hissed orders could stop the Clairvoyant. Finally, the blond Warrior snapped. "Seungkwan. I'll crush you if you don't stop talking."

"But Jisoo-" The rest of the sentence got cut off by the sudden feeling of pressure against the Guardian's back. He tried to hold on to Minghao's shoulder to steady himself but was met with barricades barely an arm's length away. Wildly, he hit the air. "Hey, let me out!"

"Uh-uh. Actions and consequences. I've always wanted to know what it would look like if I just...."

Seungkwan yelped when he got pushed forward by the force behind him and struggled to keep his arms extended to stop the forcefields from advancing.

"Soonyoung, please stop! He'll be quiet now," Seungcheol pleaded, only to get ignored completely. Minghao's and Jihoon's attempts were less diplomatic but Soonyoung's ability once again prevented them from hitting the blond in the face.

"Oh god, he's going to to crush him. He's going to crush him!" Chan whispered frantically, his face already buried in Jeonghan's shoulder who was looking on in silent terror. Seokmin hurried to the Clairvoyant's side and desperately knocked against the barricade to get his attention. "Seungkwan! Stop! Don't extend your arms like that, your bones will-"

Everyone fell silent when multiple loud cracks rang through the room followed by the Clairvoyant's anguished scream before they all started shouting frantically at the same time.

In the general panic, nobody but Soonyoung noticed that the door had opened and an impeccably dressed man had walked in. A hint of disappointment flashed over the Warrior's face. With a wave of his hand, Seungkwan dropped to the floor, curled up and crying. Minghao and Seokmin immediately kneeled next to him while the rest shielded them from the blond Warrior's sight, unaware of who had just entered the scene.

Soonyoung's face twitched in annoyance at the insults that were being hurled at him but he kept a tight grip on his anger. "Okay, playtime's over," he shouted over the noise. "Shut up or someone else will get hurt!" The threat helped and the Forcebearers resorted to glaring at him instead which didn't seem to bother him at all. "So, listen. To prove that I've studied my script diligently, I gotta introduce someone to you now. Ladies and gentlemen," he glanced at Jeonghan who shot him a very sour look, "introducing my Wielder: Lee Yohwan." The blond curtsied exaggeratedly, his expression bored, while the Forcebearers turned at once. All attention focused on the Wielder at the door who smiled in satisfaction.

Stunned silence filled the room, eyes flitting back and forth between the newcomer and Chan until the young Guardian spoke, unadulterated horror on his face. "Hyung?! Why- why are you here? What's going on?!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter