CHAPTER 23: The Monster's Eyes Are Green (Part 1)

Save My Love

 

“Waaaahhhhhh… The hotel room is really big.”

“It’s fancy…”

“So nice, eonnie.”

“Daebak!”

The girls dispersed into all directions the moment they entered the diplomat suite of Park Hyatt Seoul, except for the couple who stayed tethered in each other’s grip. Some marveled at the gargantuan bathrooms and the others appreciated the 85-inch smart TV that was propped on the wall before running to the bedroom and jumped like idiots on the queen-sized beds.

Next door was Joon’s team who has been in the hotel since early afternoon. The security detail has been awaiting their arrival after finishing their standard surveillance check. Park Hyatt is a location frequented by Joon’s agency to and secure high profile personalities and their guests, hence there was not a glitch in the coordination with management of the hotel.

“It’s big but at least I don’t need to clean it after.” Yerin was still bringing her meticulousness with keeping the surroundings clean.

“We will stay here for tonight only?” Sowon asked after plopping her tired body on the softest sofa she has ever laid on.

“Yep, tonight and probably tomorrow too if your company does not receive a report from the ministry yet. So enjoy your stay ladies. And by the way, when I went out earlier, I took the liberty of getting you a few more clothes and stuff you might need while you’re here.” She told them while wheeling a navy blue fiber glass suitcase that no one even noticed was with them in the van.

“WHOA!” Yewon opened the suitcase to see various articles of clothing and skincare products neatly packed in labeled plastic storage bags. “Here! Sowon-eonnie, Yerin-eonnie, Eunha-eonnie, Yuju-eonnie and Sinb-oppa.” She handed them the packs with their names.

“TSK! Kim Yewon, you want a piece of me?!”

“Wah! I was thinking of wearing this but I forgot it!”

“DAEBAK! Eonnie, how did you know…”

“Omo! You did not forget my creams and ointments! Daebak…”

 “Omo! Omo! I was thinking about this when we were in the practice room.”

“Yah! Yah! Tidy up already, it’s getting late. Of course she knows what we use every day. Eonnie has been living with us for months.” Yerin was quick to pacify their amusement that she thought might lead to more questions that Joon would not be able to answer.

“If I didn’t know them, that’s when you should be surprised.” Joon added after giving Yerin a thankful pat on the shoulder.

“THANK YOU EONNIE!!!”

“Eonnie!!! You went through my underwear???” That was Sinb who interrupted the festive appreciation.

“I overheard you saying you forgot to bring any. Don’t worry, I wore gloves when I went through your drawers.” Joon teased pretending to be disgusted.

“Aish! This grandma…” She flared her nose to conjure a fake anger but her members just laughed at her brief embarrassment.

"Ha! What will you wear if she didn't bring you that?!" Yuju mockingly inquired.

"Nye nye nyeeeee..." was Sinb's meaningless reply. 

“Eunha-yah! You go shower first!”

“Ayiiiiing…. Why me?!!” 

“Because I said so!” Sowon who has recovered almost fully from the morning’s trauma has regained her leader composure.

"So sad..."

The hotel suite has two bedrooms with two beds each. It did not take them even a minute to decide who will stay with who and which bed they will take. They immediately proceeded to unpack the meager contents of their bags and took turns to shower, which they somehow reluctantly decided to do having in mind the scene that caused them to be accommodated in an expensive hotel room for the night. Just when everyone was done preparing to sleep, Yewon convinced them to watch a movie since according to her, the TV the suite endowed them was “too grand to go unused.” But before the English comedy movie ended, only Joon and the chatting lovers stayed wide-awake.

“Yerin-ah, should we carry them to their beds?”

“Yah! Why are you only asking her?! You don’t think I can carry them too??” Sinb protested but did not have plans of helping out with putting the other members to their beds.

“I just know you wouldn’t really want to do that.” Joon responded with a whisper.

“Just fix their pillows and blankets, Sinb-yah. We’ll take care of the carrying part.” Yerin interrupted the two bickering women in her midst.

“Okay, if you say soooo...” She jokingly smirked at the foreigner, pretending she did not have any choice but to comply to the measly task assigned to her.

Five minutes and everyone was in bed, but Yerin and Sinb lingered in the living room to find another movie. They sat on the carpeted section of the floor several feet away from the gigantic modern idiot box.

“Don’t you want to go to bed yet?” Joon asked.  After everyone has been settled, she sat on the bar stool in by the kitchen counter and started reading the report that was given to her in the conference room using her tablet.

“We don’t have anywhere to go to tomorrow, right eonnie? Sinb responded.

“Yup, why?”

“We just wanted to stay up late while we have time. I know we always lack sleep, but at least tonight will not be because of practice.” Said Yerin who was battling with the remote that did not seem to cooperate with her.

“Okay, do you want me to leave you two here? I can go to the room-” Joon was cut short by Sinb.

“And risk being harassed by Sowon-eonnie again??” She laughed so hard after speaking in Korean.

“I understand what you said!” Joon exclaimed.

“Haha! I tortured Eunbi-eonnie to tell me what she saw! And I told Yerin-eonnie!” She clutched her lower torso trying to control her laughter between every word she uttered.

“Eonnie! You disappoint me!” Yerin side-eyed the preoccupied Joon.

“Yah! You two go sit on the sofa. I don’t want to carry you both if you fall asleep. Now, up, up!” Since the existence of the sofa that was purchased for Joon, the girls have been accustomed to sleeping on it, which has many times left the true owner getting an air mattress to rest on. But the sofa in the hotel was relatively wider and longer than the one in their apartment, and so it was very likely that the two will spend the night in the living room as Joon understood that they wanted to be apart from the other members who might wake up to their chitchat and exchanges of sweet nothings.

“Eonnie, don’t change the topic!” Sinb retaliated as she pulled Yerin off the floor to comply to Joon’s order. “Tell us, did Sowon-eonnie kiss you??” A shark-like grin took shape as she probed the unamused friend.

“No. She just tumbled down the sofa and slept. That’s it.” Joon’s eyes returned to the tablet she was holding.

“That’s not the story I heard, eonnie…” Yerin continued her stubborn skirmish with the remote control.

“Hold it at the level of your waist, then press menu for the movies on-demand.”

“Oh there, it’s working. But we’re not finished yet, eonnie.” She nudged Sinb to help her choose a movie amongst the titles and previews she was scrolling over.

“I told you already. No kiss. Can you two just watch and leave me alone?” In spite the authoritative tone that adorned her words, she spoke with a smile she has been trying to suppress. “And please get a blanket and a pillow, I have a feeling you will doze off after fifteen minutes of that Harry Potter movie. Didn’t you watch that like 10 times already?? And Sinb-yah, the one you wanted me to bring, it’s in the paper bag near my bed.”

“Kamsahamnida, Joonnie-eonniiiiiiiie!” Her tone was suddenly cutesy after being vicious and teasing a few minutes ago. “Okay, I’ll get now.”

“What’s that?” Yerin’s eyes patiently followed the other girl who dashed to one room to get their sleep paraphernalia, and to the other room for the mysterious paper bag.

“Here." Sinb stood in front of Yerin and handed her one of the many Jibang plush toys she owned. "I asked her to bring one out of the fourteen dolls you have. I thought you might miss them.”

Yerin pouted and fell silent looking at the doll that was held by Sinb’s outstretched arms. Instead of taking the doll, she grabbed both her hands and pulled the surprised girlfriend who lost her balance and tumbled forward onto her. She hugged her tightly like it was the first time she was allowed to hold her. “My Sinb is sweet…” She lovingly whispered before landing a warm kiss on the angle of her jaw which made the other girl flinch as she felt the electric-like sensation that reached even her toes. “Thank you.” She whispered again, but this time she did it intentionally in a manner to tease Sinb after she noticed her inhale deeply after the kiss. Another inexplicable wave of electricity ran down the younger girl’s spine.

Joon did not remove her eyes off the material she was reading while transferring the titanium ring to her forefinger.

“Shall we start watching?” Yerin grabbed the doll that was almost falling off the hands of her suddenly tense girlfriend who couldn’t seem to respond.

“Ohh, o-kay.” Her cheeks reddened in embarrassment after Yerin flashed her a suggestive smile.

“Come on, it’s about to start!” Yerin prevented herself from teasing the girlfriend who was already at a lost and unable to absorb her words completely. “I think we better lie down, head on that end.” She threw the pillow hastily and scooted before lying on her left side. “Here.” She tapped the space in front of her. “You should be in front so you can watch properly.”

Sinb started fanning her face with her hand and moved closer to lay in front of her. She bit her lips to prevent herself from smiling like a fool. Yerin pulled her body closer to ensure she was not at the edge of the sofa before fixing the blanket over them. As soon as she covered their bodies adequately, she slowly slid her arms to hold the younger girl in a tender embrace. Their slender bodies fit so well that there was unfathomable comfort that made Sinb partially relax.

“It’s better that you’re in front because I wanted to do this.” Yerin whispered again. As soon as she kissed her ear, Joon stood up to turn the lights off and walked inside one of the rooms.

The Harry Potter movie was now just background noise to mask the sound of their frantic breathing. She continued to leave a trail of light kisses on her nape and around her right ear; the sensation made the other girl grasp onto the strong arm that enveloped her by her shoulders. Yerin’s other hand ploughed under Sinb’s shirt through the bottom hem but only to graze her girlfriend’s trembling body until it exited her collar. Her hand reached the girl's face which she turned to her side. The gentle movement of Yerin’s hand inside her shirt made her tense and caused her chest to heave crazily.

As her face turned to Yerin, she did not wait another second to kiss her lips fervently. After a few seconds of being lost in their own world, she turned around completely toward her. Yerin pulled the younger girl's leg up and slid hers in between her thighs to secure her from falling; while the other hand traced the skin of Sinb's torso but carefully avoiding the most sensitive areas. There wasn’t a single millimeter of space that separated them. Several times in between the anticipation of older girl’s touch, Sinb unconsciously stopped kissing her as she couldn’t focus on which sensation to respond to. Only one thing was consistent, it was that her grip on Yerin’s back was becoming tighter and tighter.

Conscious of the girl's reaction,Yerin proceeded to kissing her often unresponsive lips that gaped open to help her catch her breath. She moved to kiss her neck, but even before her lips could land, her mere breathing against her skin caused Sinb to moan softly. The younger girl held Yerin’s head and pulled her closer as she felt her lips wander passionately on the sides of her neck. She bit her lips hard to prevent an impending scream from coming out. She pushed Yerin’s shoulder slightly to help herself regain her bearing; feeling the urge to submit herself, she held her firmly and moved her over to be on top. The older girl promptly understood, and as soon as Yerin shifted her weight to one arm for her to be able to Sinb’s face…

“Eonnie? Are you still watching?!”

Faster than a light bulb switching, Sinb pushed Yerin who was carrying all her weight with her right arm, which caused her to lose balance and fall from the sofa. But just as any person’s reflexes would dictate, she grabbed onto anything she could grab on to - her girlfriend. Both of them rolled out of the sofa together with the pillow and blanket that partially covered them as they landed on the floor.

As soon as the loud thud echoed in the living room, Joon ran out to find the half-asleep Umji by their room’s door and the lovebirds panting wildly in a very awkward and problematic position on the floor.

She tilted her head before a confused expression emerged from her face. “Well… That is such an uncomfortable way of watching Harry Potter.” Joon tried her best to hold her laughter inside. “What do you think, Yewon-ah?”

Sinb started laughing boisterously in spite the possibility of waking everyone up. Umji ran to the sofa to have a closer look of the situation but regretted doing so after two seconds of staring at her eonnies on the ground.

“That certainly is uncomfortable…" She covered her eyes. "But I just wish I didn’t see that. Please stand up before everyone else comes out.”

The couple landed on the carpet unharmed, but Yerin spiraled and landed on her abdomen, one leg flexed, one arm still inside her girlfriend's shirt and her head was on Sinb’s chest but she was facing away from the TV. While Sinb landed on her back, she found her legs enfolded around her girlfriend’s waist and legs. Yerin could not lift herself off of her girlfriend’s bosom because she was somehow fastened by the blanket that convoluted around them in a perplexing manner even Joon could not figure out how. And their hair being all over the place made the scene more embarrassing than it already is.

“Eonnie, help…….” Yerin pleaded.

Joon unwrapped them as fast as a normal human could.

“What was that??” Sowon’s long legs never failed to benefit her with long strides.

“They were, hmm… Teasing each other and they fell off the sofa.” Umji answered while glancing at the couple behind the chair to know if she needed to delay the leader from moving closer.

“It’s late and you’re still playing around?” The tall lady stood in front of the couple who finally were able to separate and sit upright straightening their clothes. Eunha came out but only to ask why Sowon jumped out of the bed causing her to be shaken to consciousness.

“What is that? Harry Potter?” Eunha focused on the bright screen that lit the entire room.

“I guess so.” Sowon answered. “I think I’ll just watch with you, I won't be able to go back to sleep.”

“Omo. I don’t want to be alone in the room. I’ll just stay here.” Eunha sat on the floor near Sinb and took the forsaken pillow.

“I guess there’s no use in leaving you two alone here, so I’ll just watch with you.” Yewon was looking at the couple who were caught red-handed.

The lovebirds were just nodding to the other girls. They were too self-conscious to make comments about the new movie-viewing arrangement. They kept on giggling while everyone settled in their places.

“Joon-ah, just stay here please. I’m scared.” Sowon asserted, her eyes focused at the foreigner. Joon did not answer and instead returned to the bedroom instantaneously to grab blankets and pillows to bring to the living room.

“Uhhhhhh…” The girls would have utterly teased the two adults if not only for the taller lady’s tone that was aded with honest fear.

That night, only Yuna slept in the room and the remaining members clustered by the sofa that became their bed or back rest. Before the movie ended, they were all sound asleep leaning onto each other.

 

>>>

 

“EUNBI-YAH!!!” Eunseo jumped at Sinb after spotting her walking in the crowded hallway.

Three days after the incident, the group was back on schedule. Joon on the other hand has been back and forth her agency office to personally preside the ongoing investigation. She and the team leaders have spent sleepless nights reviewing the forensic reports over and over trying to squeeze out a possible explanation for the occurrences that happened days ago. Source Music’s CEO has grown impatient of the stagnant status of the case and wanted the police to get involved. Only Joon’s insistence and pleading prevented the Korean government from laying their hands on the pieces of evidence their agency has been processing.

Getting the police on-board would mean that Joon and her entire team will be pulled out of the mission and the custody and protection of the group will be managed by the Korean force. This was the very reason that made the foreigner decide to walk up to the CEO to explain her concerns. If not only for her track record in safeguarding the girls and her obvious notable rapport with them, the company CEO wouldn’t have continued to give his trust. And so Joon took upon herself the weight of the whole investigation no matter how taxing, so as not to disappoint him.

“I missed you! You guys did not come to the show yesterday!!” After squeezing her in a much zealous embrace, she showered her with smooches that the Sinb unwillingly accepted having been a prisoner of the other’s arms. “Why are you dodging my kisses?! Yah! You did not even miss me? Not even my eye smile that you like?! I haven’t seen you in like forever!!!” Eunseo was known to be as jovial and as fliriendly [flirty-friendly] as Yerin. She was too enthusiastic seeing her high school friend that she did not even give her a moment to respond.

Sinb’s facial expression was a medley of fear, annoyance and nervousness, almost hysterical as she tried to escape from her reluctant captivity. “SON JUYEON!” She yelled, causing the cosmic girl to move a step back.

“Wae? SO LOUD! And you never called me by my real name. What’s up with you today?!” She uttered sorely before turning her head to the direction where Sinb’s eyes restlessly darted. “Yah! What’s wrong??”

“Yah! Eunseo-yah, why did you do that?!” The dejected Hwang stomped her feet heavily before punching the other girl’s shoulder lightly.

“Oh my god! I always do that to you! Why are you angry all of a sudden?”

“Yerin-eonnie…” Sinb’s face was flooded with discomfiture as she pointed at the vast space behind Eunseo. “She was behind you…!” She threw another feeble jab.

“OH MY GOD! Did she see us?!”

“That’s why I kept on pushing you!” Her usual jauntiness was all gone.

“Mianhae… I didn’t know. I can apologize to her if you want…?”

“Yah! Like that will do me any good!?”

“Oh, wait. Why are you that anxious? Will she get jealous??” Eunseo has not caught up with her friend for a long time.

“Aish. Of course! Any girlfriend will.” She was walking away from her to head to their waiting room.

“Wait! What?!” She was quick to grab Sinb’s wrist, confused if she meant their group name or something else.

She turned around guilty of unintentionally hurting both girls. “Yeah, she will get jealous. What do I do now?”

The cosmic friend just chuckled to Sinb’s impending turmoil. “Die.”

“Aish. I’m not your fan, so don’t tell me that.” She left the hallway and entered the room.

---

“Yerin-aaaaah…” The nervous Sinb was hoping to make her smile by calling her the way she wanted to be called.

“Hmm?” Yerin’s expression was undeniably a mix of pain and jealousy. She trusts her girlfriend as much as she trusts her feelings for her. Especially being in a business where countless people meddle with their personal and romantic lives, she had to hold on to something greater than the world surrounding them. It was inevitable this time however for her to fight it and being a 22-year old does not guarantee absolute maturity when it comes to jealousy.

“I know you’re mad at me, but you don’t have to be.”

“I don’t want to talk right now.”

“Yerin-ahhhh…” She hugged her and leaned her head on her shoulder, but the other girl just stiffened and sighed. “There’s no reason for you to be jealous. She just popped out and was too excited, but it does not mean anything.”

“Okay.” Yerin was void of emotion while staring at a random tile on the floor.

“I know it’s not okay. I would be jealous too if someone came to you that way. What can I do to make up for it?” She was trying to lift Yerin’s head and turn it toward her but the girl dismissed her hand gently.

“Nothing. It’s okay.”

“Here, text her using my phone and pretend it’s me talking so you’ll know we’re really just friends.” She hands her phone not realizing that a notification was keeping the phone’s light on.

Yerin did not take the phone but it was in front of her face that she was able to read the message that flashed on the screen. “You have a very complementing message, you better answer it.”

When Sinb retracted the phone to read the notification, her heart dropped and her face distorted to an indecipherable expression.

ES: Btw, you look hot on those suspenders in the pictures you….

“Aish! It doesn’t mean anything. Talk to me please.” She begged as she saw Yerin lean toward the other side of the couch to rest her head on the corner wall. “It’s not like what you think, you can read the entire-”

“I told you, it’s okay and I don’t want to talk.” Yerin was not angry with her tone and was calm but unusually firm with her responses. She was hurt more than upset, but she is the type who would contemplate on things before acting; it is Sinb who is quick to react to situations even without much thought.

“Let’s talk please…” Sinb was holding Yerin’s left hand, fiddling with her fingers that did not respond.

---

“What’s with them, eonnie?” Yewon sat beside Joon meticulously straightening her pleated skirt. They caught themselves observing how dispirited Sinb was by the cold treatment staged by her girlfriend. Joon whispered to her ear what she knew happened earlier in the hallway.

“Omo! Really?? Ha! Eunbi-yah is dead.” Yewon seldom dropped the ‘eonnie’ when addressing the other maknae, unless she was ruthlessly teasing her. “Yerin-eonnie rarely gets angry. But the green-eyed monster is a different story. It makes people lose all their rationality.”

“I cannot agree more.”

“And did you say that Eunseo-eonnie mentioned that Sinb-eonnie liked her eye smile?!”

“Uh-huh.”

The maknae held the tip of her chin. “Tsk. She is absolutely in deeeeeeeep trouble.”

“Should we bet on how many days it will take for them to be okay?” Joon bumped Umji’s shoulder lightly.

“Haha! You’re funny, eonnie. I’ll guess just a few hours.”

“Should we help her instead?”

“Just this time. Just because I think it wasn’t entirely her fault.”

“Okay!” The two started giggling that anyone would assume they were concocting a wicked plan.

After a few more minutes of beholding how Sinb failed numerous times to appease the detached sweetheart, Yewon summoned her to their seats.

“Here.” The foreigner handed the defeated girl a few bills. “There’s a row of vending machines after you turn right of this hallway.”

“Ahh… What do you want me to get you? And you too Yewon-ah?” Sinb responded, oblivious of the why she was being directed to the vending machines. She was perceptibly absentminded that she did not even retort brutally to the thought that she was being demanded to buy something, apart from not comprehending the real purpose of it.

“Aish… Eonnie, if you really want to be a better girlfriend, you have to learn the art of romantic peacemaking.”

“And how is that related to the 10,000 Won she handed me??”

After a heavy sigh of dismay, “Eunbi-yah, it will be easier to soften the duck’s heart with her favorite chocolate bar. Even if she’d just have a bite of it, it will make the odds better for you.” Joon’s explanation made the girl smile like she witnessed an epiphany.

“Ahhhh! Yes, yes. So what should I get her??” She was beaming with excitement waiting for their response.

“Yah! We’re not the girlfriends here!” Joon furtively responded after her and Yewon’s palms spewed up onto their faces. “And don’t tuck the money in your waist band.”

“Tsk! Okay, okay. I know what to get.” She kept a low tone.

“Go now, Doraemon.”

“I’ll let you slide today, Yewon-ah. But I’ll get you tomorrow.” She threw a punch to the air.

“You’re welcome, eonnie.” She smiled at her. “Hwaiting!”

 

>>>

 

After the performance (and receiving a chocolate bar), Yerin was more receptive and responsive to Sinb’s apologetic advances. They did not return to their usual sweet bantering but they were always together hands entwined wherever they were. After a considerable amount of persuasion, Yerin heeded to the other girl’s insistence that she reads the message she saw earlier.

ES: Btw, you look hot on those suspenders in the pictures you did not want to show me. Hmpf! You posted them in your fancafe, you couldn’t even send them to me even if I begged. Bad-chingu.

Yerin did not say a word after being enlightened with the real content of the text, but she gave her girlfriend a peck on the forehead after nimbly pinching her cheeks.

After the morning show recording, the group went straight to film the first episode of WGM. The set was in a park playground and so they had to change to their casual outdoor outfits. The spring sun was hiding behind the clouds all day and so the breeze warranted coats and light jackets to be worn, but the temperature was high enough to ward off freezing.

The first episode will reveal the initial introduction of the will-be-married couple who have remained unaware of each other’s identity. This was most especially because it was still subtly publicized that Yerin was joining and so the casts were doubtful of their anticipated partners for the show. More so, the agency of Sowon’s male counterpart was requested to keep utmost confidentiality until the variety show’s airing; and this has made the true setup more elusive to public’s predictions.

“Why does the company want the people to assume that it’s me joining?” After changing from her stage costume to an oversized yellow sweatshirt, cropped jeans and blue skateboard shoes, Yerin stood beside Joon who was scanning the filming location quietly.

“Fanbase. Marketing strategy.” She was short and casual with her response.

“Ahh… Really? But I thought that they researched and found that the fans didn’t agree to it.”

“Precisely. That’s why they will anticipate this first episode, for them to know who really joined the show.” She winked at her after realizing how blank she was with welcoming Yerin’s curiosity. “Do you see how much they secured and covered the place?” Joon pointed her finger to the barricades and large canvas sheets that secluded the filming area from the rest of the park.

“Ahhh… They don’t want the people to see yet.” Yerin was easily convinced by Joon’s impressively believable lie.

“Eonnie, is everything okay?” Since the appearance of the snake in one of the apartment bathrooms, Yerin has been throwing Joon the same question every day. And it has become more frequent after she has noticed her friend was almost always out for what she called ‘personal engagements’. “You seem to be thinking of many things lately. And you’re always out. Shouldn’t you always stay by our side?”

“Ahhh…” She smiled at the persistent girl seemingly confronting her. “You’re so worried Yerin-ah. Okay, I’ll tell you. I was promoted. I am now a training officer.” She was quick to invent a story. “But… I am still training to be a training officer.” She laughed at herself for coming up with a twisted plot.

“Oh.” Yerin pouted but it was swiftly replaced by a frown.

“Why that face?”

“Does that mean you will leave sooner?” She was focused more on the approaching situation than the success of the rather feigned promotion of her friend.

“I can if I wanted to.” Joon crossed her arm and stared blankly at the far end of the preserved city forest. There was truth to what she said as she was reminded of her conversation with the CEO. One word and she could have been retracted from the assignment.

“What do you mean?”

“I was told to train immediately and someone else will replace me.”

Her response made Yerin frown even more.

“But… I told them that I didn’t want to leave yet and instead, I suggested that I do both tasks at the same time. So, you better behave and refrain from falling out of the bed or the sofa. Because I’m working hard here; I’m fast but I get tired too.” She grinned at the embarrassed girl.

“Tsss… Why don’t you just leave and have someone else who’s kinder replace you?” She faked a huff that was followed by a relieved smile.

“Okay. If that’s what you want.”

“NO. I didn’t say that.” She turned to Joon and hugged her snuggly.

“HEY YOU!” Sinb rushed to where the two stood and immediately separated them. Like fireworks, the girl’s sudden appearance startled the pyrotechnics-jumpy Yerin. “You got angry at me because someone hugged me! And then I see you here cuddling this weird foreigner!” While speaking in her native language, she examined Joon from head to toe. “What’s up with that!?”

“Yah! Yah! She just thanked me for enlightening her about why she shouldn’t be angry at you anymore.” Joon interrupted after trying to appear half-cognizant of the obvious message of Sinb’s statement.

“Tsk. Okay.” Sinb halted her nagging after recalling how Joon and Yewon tried to help her solve her ordeal. “But I’ll stand in between you two to prevent it from happening again.”

Yerin was just smiling throughout the lie-laden conversation. After a few minutes, the rest of the girls came out to join the trio who were waiting patiently for the crew to signal the start of filming.

“Eonnie, you think your soon-to-be-husband is an idol too?”

“No. Maybe an English tutor.” She said under her breath.

“What did you say??” Sinb asked. Yewon and Eunha who stood beside Sowon started chortling to the tall girl’s obscured reply. Yerin covered her face before looking at Joon who was preventing herself from reacting to the blurted response.

“I said no. I think he’s an actor. A handsome one worthy of being Sophrodite’s counterpart.” Her proud declaration accentuated with a terrible aegyo attempt made everyone, including Joon, break into a thunderous laughter.  “Aish… You rascals!”

“Ready everyone!” As soon as the director yelled, each of the girls handed their phones to Joon for safekeeping.

The girls were instructed to play games within the isolated park area. They were provided with props they eagerly used and even broke because of their overly expressed enthusiasm with the temporary freedom they appreciated even in a semi-secluded park. They have waited for a time to be outdoor to have fun without the fear of being identified and intruded by the public’s eyes. Even though it was part of the show, they enjoyed themselves too much that even the WGM staff were amused by how natural they were as they filmed.

They sat on the picnic mat afterwards, and were asked to talk about their thoughts about the show. They were given scripts to follow but were encouraged to just be casual and unrestrained with their conversation, and so they kept the script as a mere outline for the episode’s proceedings. At this point of the recording, they will be contacted by the staff to be informed that someone will be visiting them. To preserve the real reaction of the girls, this part of the script was omitted in the copy they received and so none of them was aware of what will transpire, except for Joon who was privy of the information as part of her job.

After a few minutes, the girls received a call from a WGM staff who was actually just standing behind one of the trees across the waiting tent. This signaled the arrival of a van which transported the male cast. Everyone was speechless to see an idol alight from the black van holding a bouquet of 24 long-stem roses and an envelope that had the name of one of the girls to whom he’ll give the flowers.

“It’s you, Seokjin-oppa?!” The surprised Sowon exclaimed that made her members laugh and feel embarrassed of their leader’s impatient and uncensored remark. At that point, Jin did not have to open the small packet to know and so he dramatically threw the envelope onto the grassy ground and strode toward Sowon to help her get up before handing her the flowers. The very second Sowon accepted the bouquet, rain started pouring.

The set was packed up after the rain grew heavier and the rest of the filming had to be rescheduled.

“I know you have superhuman speed and senses, but I didn’t know you also have the power to make it rain.” The eye-smiling Yerin whispered after approaching Joon who was busy tidying up the tent, ensuring none of their belongings will be forgotten.

“Jung Yerin!” She glowered at the eye-smiling girl.