Sixteenth Chapter

Yet another Korean drama
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eric woke up from a slumber when he heard the sound of stiletto heels. It was like an ominous echo of horror. He sat up in his bed, noticing his room was empty – others had probably left him alone after he had fallen asleep. He couldn’t wait that he could go back home.

The door opened. Jimin stepped inside, bringing with her some flowers and a present. Eric smiled, trying to see her as the woman he loved. Or had loved. According to Minwoo and Junjin and even Andy, he had dumped her, because he wasn’t in love with her anymore. He couldn’t remember why he had dumped her, but he had a feeling knowing he didn’t love her anymore. And knowing what she had done to him and, especially, to Junjin, Eric didn't see her as the same woman he had once seen.

“Hi,” She walked up to him. “How are you?”

Eric looked at her. The face didn’t bring him joy like it had once done. Jimin was beautiful. She was a catch, and anyone would’ve been glad to have her. She had a body of a model. Her hair was wavy and dark. Her fashion sense was always ahead of everyone. She followed trends from Europe. It was all fancy.

“Fine,” Eric smiled. “Doctor says me and Junjin can return home tomorrow.”

“Ah,” Jimin sat down to the bed. “Good to hear.” she then leaned in to kiss Eric, but he turned his face and the lips landed to his cheeks. She didn’t realise it was deliberate. “Where is Andy?” Eric frowned but she didn’t see it in the dark.

“I don’t know,” Eric answered truthfully. “Why?”

“Oh, I was just wondering.” She cleared . “He is the only one I get along with.” she claimed.

Eric stared at her. “Did you know he is in love with me?” Based on the look on her face, she had no idea. All along she had though Hyesung was the threat. “I just found out…I think.”

“Oppa,” She acted cutely. “Is there a place where he could be?”

Eric looked at the face and then suddenly remembered something he thought he had forgotten.

                           Three months of dating had been worth it. Their date had ended to a frantic love making and confessions of unconditional love, and Eric couldn’t help but smirk when he fantasised about it. Jimin was no longer next to him when he woke up, so, he got dressed and exited the bedroom.

Eric usually didn’t stay at Jimin’s place, but last night had been special. It was odd she wasn’t lying next to him, cuddling up to him for warmth. Her clothes were gone, indicating that she had already left for that day’s meetings.

Wondering where the kitchen was, Eric walked through the long corridors. She lived in a mansion, much like Eric, so there were a lot of rooms. When Eric thought he had found the kitchen, he heard voices. He halted, turned, and walked toward the voices, after recognising one of them to be Jimin. A smile built to his face. He couldn’t wait to see the woman he loves.

Eric was about to knock to show he was behind the door, when he heard something interesting. “They still haven’t found the body.” He frowned, momentarily wondering that Jimin was probably practising to some acting gig or something. “No one even knows he is missing.” Her shoes clasped on the ground as she paced in her office. “He had no family.”

When Eric was convinced that Jimin was talking about an actual murder, he tried to reach for his back pocket. . He had left his phone in the bedroom. “Ah, oh, my god, you’re so boring. I didn’t kill him.” Jimin assured annoyed, tapping her keyboard frantically as if reading something. “Asking someone else to do a murder for you, doesn’t make me a murderer.” she claimed quickly.

Eric gasped maybe a bit too loudly, as Jimin heard something from the door. Eric left. He couldn’t be caught. He didn’t look behind as he walked to the bedroom and grabbed his phone. He had to leave. As he was at the door to the bedroom, Jimin stepped inside.

“You’re leaving? Already? But I wanted to have breakfast with you, oppa.” she pouted, arms curling around Eric. “Don’t you want to have breakfast with me?”

“Of course…I do.” Eric stuttered. “I want nothing more,” he added quickly.

There must’ve been proof on the computer.

“What were you thinking about?” Jimin asked. “Oppa?”

Shudders went down Eric’s spine as he recalled the night, he had realised he no longer saw his girlfriend as a saint. Everything had come crushing down that day. She had murdered someone. Or hired someone to murder someone else. Someone no one knew about. Who was he? And why had she killed him?

“I was just thinking,” Eric flashed a smile. “Just thinking…”

The contract Andy had in his hands was the very contract she had sent to an anonymous killed. Sloppy on her part to keep it on her computer. But it had not been easy to find. Her files were a mess. And most of them were password protected. Eric didn’t know when Jimin had found out that Eric knew, but maybe it was around that time he and Junjin were hospitalised.

“Have you seen Hyesung?” Eric interrogated abruptly. “The new worker I hired.”

“Oh? No, I haven’t seen him.” Jimin responded, irritated that the man was brought up.

“Huh,” Eric commented. “I was certain you would know.”

“Maybe he got tired of you and left,” Jimin stated. “Don’t think about him.”

Eric grimaced when she cupped his face. This woman was a murderer. No matter what kind of a stranger she had killed, Eric was hiding it. He was an accomplice. He had had the proof under those boards for a while. But it wasn’t easy to just hand it in to a police officer. Jimin was scary, manipulative. Anyone would do anything for her. Eric knew that if he had ever gone to the cops, he would have found himself in jail.

 

 

“For the umpteenth time,” Hyesung urged. “I have no idea where Andy could be. I haven’t seen him since you mother ers took me.” he tried. “Eric doesn’t remember who I am. It is over. I can just disappear and never show my face to him or the others. Please. Trust me. If Eric remembered me, I wouldn’t have left his side.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter