Predictions

Just a Cruel Game

 

Jungkook smirks in silence and stands up to leave her alone. He goes to the kitchen and opens the refrigerator. His lips slightly part as he sees there are only a few bottles of milk, several manufactured packs of kimchi, some fruit cans and two stacks of sandwich bread.

“Minah, you don’t know how to cook?” He calls out, still looking dazed at the contents in front of him.

“I don’t want to waste time cooking,” Minah replies, not very engaged in the topic.

“You know what, we are going to the supermarket now.” Jungkook closes the refrigerator and hurriedly rubs his hair for it to dry faster. He gives it a few more and then places the towel back to the bathroom. He walks towards Minah after that.

“What now?” Minah sighs tiredly, but her eyes didn’t tear from the TV even for a split second.

“Let’s go! I saw a supermarket super near here.” Jungkook says and takes Minah’s hand and pulls it with him.

She tries to yank out of his grip, but it is to no avail. She reluctantly turns off the TV and follows his lead.

“I can just eat what’s in my refrigerator!”

“Come on. If you keep eating those things you will go crazy.” Jungkook says and keeps dragging her along. They get out of her apartment like that.

“Alright, but we are using your money, and you will cook.” Minah finally says, pulling her hand out of his grasp.

“No big deal,” Jungkook answers nonchalantly.

The way to the supermarket is straightforward. It is located right across the street, only about half a quarter kilometer away. Therefore, they walk.

“I wonder if there are anymore similar genie bottles in the world…” Minah speaks up; her eyes focus at no particular point.

“Now that you voiced that out… I’m curious too.” Jungkook nods and slips his hands into the full two-hole pocket of Minah’s hoodie.

“I wonder… why is the bottle never exposed in public…? If the experienced people knew about it, why didn’t they tell about it to the whole world? It would be a big deal and serves to the science field. It may get chaotic, but will be a lot of fun.” Minah continues with her thoughts, making Jungkook crease his eyebrows in confuse.

“You are thinking too deeply about this,” Jungkook says, sighing. “Your mind always runs wild like this? No wonder you had a delusion that Kim Seokjin liked you.”

Minah kicks Jungkook, but it seems he has got flexible and very quick to his sense that he can dodge her attack. But Minah loses balance again, and this time, Jungkook catches her wrist.

“You alright?” Jungkook asks in concern, but he still grins.

Minah groans. She yanks her wrist out of his hold and continues walking.

“Oh!” Minah exclaims after some seconds of silence. Jungkook looks over her out of curiosity. “Let’s do it now. Tell the world about the bottle ourselves! We may make lots of money out of it.”

“I don’t know if this helps, but when I called my sister to go to Mapo bridge and find the bottle, she didn’t see anything. The bottle isn’t your normal bottle, after all.” Jungkook informs while reminiscing the past.

“That was when you were inside the bottle, right? So how did you know that she searched for it thoroughly? Just give this a try, Jungkook!” Minah says but then crosses her arms and smirks. “Oh well, I’ll make money on my own.”

Jungkook quickly grabs her wrist when she is about to leave him behind.

“Let go!” Minah tries to escape his grasp but to no avail. She lowers her head and bites his hand with full force, making the male yank out with a loud yelp.

“You bullying sadist!” Jungkook swings his hand side to side and looks at Minah in full hatred. Minah turns around to walk, but Jungkook comes from her back and locks her neck with his arm. Minah struggles but to no avail, again. She keeps hitting his arm, but the male is persistent this time.

“You are a crazy hard-headed kid!” Minah yells at the top of her lungs, but her face heats up because Jungkook’s hold is too hard. She finally gives in. “Alright! Money for two!”

Jungkook finally lets go of her. He shakes his head.

“No. I don’t need money. Just go to the supermarket, we are near.”

“We can save it for later.”

“Aren’t you hungry?”

“I do. Alright, let’s go find some fast food.” Minah sighs and touches her belly.

“Let’s find ingredients first.” Jungkook emphasizes the word “ingredients.”

“Do you want to cook that bad?” Minah rolls her eyes in annoyance.

“Come on. I’m an excellent cook.” Jungkook jerks his head to the supermarket’s direction, smiling at Minah. His smile looks so genuine that it makes Minah’s heart skip a beat. She shrugs and follows him.

All the thing she does with him in the supermarket is following. She doesn’t seem to know a lot about ingredients. But with Jungkook, he looks like a real home cook.

“You are no joke about cooking, are you?” Minah asks when they are in the vegetable section. Jungkook is choosing so many kinds and places them in the already half-filled cart.

“I guess so. My brother Yugyeom likes my cooking whenever I prepare food in our dorm room.” Jungkook shrugs. “But I have to admit I learned a lot from my mom in my old days.”

“Oh, cool,” Minah responds shortly and keeps looking at the section in apparent awe.

“Let’s go,” Jungkook says at last. They go to the counter, and Jungkook takes out his wallet to hand his credit card.

“Wow.” Minah steals a glance at his wallet. “You must be very rich, eh?”

“My parents are.” Jungkook corrects.

The journey back home is quiet since Minah doesn’t even say a word.

“Hey. Why aren’t you talking anymore?” Jungkook speaks up to break the silence.

“It’s already noon, right? The sun is my energy away, to be honest.” Minah says and wipes her sweaty face with a free arm that isn’t holding a grocery bag.

“Come on. You are too weak.” Jungkook complains, and he still looks as well as ever. He takes the little bag Minah is holding and goes ahead. Minah bites her lips, looking apologetic at Jungkook’s back.

“The total weight is about six kilos, right? Are you sure you can carry them all along?”

“You are underestimating me.” Jungkook answers and that leaves Minah quiet all throughout.

They enter the apartment with Minah stretching her arms in tiredness. She heads right towards the sofa in the living room and rests lifelessly on it.

Jungkook shakes his head in disapproval. He then places all the plastic bags on the table in the kitchen and goes to grab Minah’s wrist to pull her up. Quickly on reflex, she slaps his hand, but he also releases his grip on her and pulls off.

However, her fingernail got its way to his skin as it has sliced a small part of it. Jungkook hisses and raises his sliced hand to take a closer look.

There is no blood coming out. However, the skin considerably ripped.

Minah gasps when she quickly stands up to see what she has done. She takes Jungkook’s hand and cries over it.

“Oh my god. I’m so sorry I didn’t mean to...” Minah frantically says. “Does it hurt?”

“I thought you would be satisfied with this. Then suddenly you are mourning over this small scratch. It’s no big deal compared to those shin attacks, to be honest.” Jungkook chuckles and pulls off his hand from her hold.

She looks up at him in an apologetic manner.

“This time I didn’t intend to do so. So it’s a big deal. I didn’t mean to-“

Jungkook cuts her short with his index finger sealing her lips.

“Shush. You are babying me. I’m a man already, you know?”

Minah’s eyes waver over his gesture. She can feel her heartbeat accelerating and her cheeks blushing from the heat rising her face. She gulps and then steps back, looking away from his sudden intense eyes.

“You are touched, aren’t you?” Those eyes quickly get replaced with the usual mischievous, playful ones.

Minah rolls her eyes and hits his arm, which makes him wince in pain.

“I just want a nap. So don’t bother me.”

“I was about to ask you for help in the kitchen, though.”

Minah looks into space in deep thought; then she looks at Jungkook with determination.

“Alright. I can’t just make you do all the work alone.”

They ended up preparing lunch together. With Minah cutting and rinsing the ingredients and Jungkook cooking, they finish all preparations in approximately fifty minutes. There are a total of three different dishes which look fascinating to the eyes.

When Minah heaves a long breath out of as if she has done some difficult tasks, she takes off the apron and flops down on a chair at the table of food. However, she notices Jungkook still doing something.

“What are you doing already? Come and eat.” Minah calls, taking a pair of chopsticks up and smiles at Jungkook’s back, which is now facing her.

However, her eyes stop smiling and appear to be emotionally touched when she notices Jungkook pulls out a bag of fresh seaweed.

“Wait up just a bit. The seaweed soup will be ready in few minutes.”

Right when Minah opens to say something, a ringing tone from a mobile phone starts playing. Minah quickly goes to the sofa in the living room to get her phone and picks it up. On the other hand, the sound of water pouring out doesn’t hinder Jungkook from listening to Minah’s voice in the living room.

“Oh, Hyeran! Why are you calling?” Minah asks with plain curiosity, but mostly, she is happy that the person named Hyeran called.


A/N: hope everyone enjoyed it! btw I have got a beta reader! yay!