23:59:59, 24, 3

Just a Cruel Game

They are falling out of the giant bottle.

Minah doesn't scream this time. Instead, she holds tight onto Jungkook and let the gravity guide them down.

As soon as they get out of the bottle, a bright light hit their eyes, and they both fall onto the ground so fast and seem like they are falling from a small distance because nobody lets out a painful groan.

Minah crawls up and adjusts to the new surroundings.

Mapo bridge, Seoul.

She looks to the left, and there he still is, Jungkook. He already stood up straight.

She face-palms herself as she also stands up to face him.

"Tell me I'm not insane." She murmurs and notices a red line that looks like a design from a horror movie in a poster. It is not an object, it's just there, hanging low in front of her.

24:59:50, 24, 3

"You are looking at the counter and timer, right?" Jungkook asks as his eyes follow Minah's, but it seems he doesn't focus on the object he is implying. "Just accept it. This is not a dream. We are in real world."

Minah opens but closes it shut as she breathes in deeply. She opens her eyes and turns to the bridge. Leaning on the balustrade and looking down on the other side of the railings, she sees the bottle again.

"So we were inside this bottle all this time?" She says as her hand reaches the bottle's mouth to touch it. But this time, nothing happens.

"You still have the bravery to touch that bottle?" Jungkook asks, slightly taken aback by her action with cautious voice.

"Fine. I'll grant wishes to people. I'm starting to lose my mind..." Minah lets out a bitter chuckle. "How great! It's my birthday and all I will do today is granting wishes to people!"

"Don't worry. I'll grant a wish for you." Jungkook says from behind, making her turn over to him.

"You? What can you do for me?" Minah asks with a sarcastic tone.

"You said you want a boyfriend to share your birthday, didn't you? Well, let me do all the things a boyfriend will do for you, for today."

Minah narrows her eyes angrily at Jungkook.

"There are so many wrongness in your words." She says at last. "You let me tell literally my most private issue yesterday without interrupting me. And second, don't try to be nice. You are making me look pitiful."

She dismissively waves a hand for Jungkook to go away, but the said boy stands still. He bites his lips but responses shortly after.

"I did not mean to listen to your problems."

"You are still a jerk. You let me babble so many sticky stuff. Just go. I can't guarantee if I succeed or not, but you are free for the next twenty-three hours, fifty-six minutes, and ten seconds." She says as she glances to the timer still ticking in front of her, no matter where she faces.

Jungkook doesn't oblige. Instead, he makes a step closer to Minah.

"I'm sorry for yesterday. But you are so doubtful that it's hard to do anything to stop you, you know?" When Minah does not look like she's going to answer, he continues. "And I might just get out of here as your assistant to help you. Otherwise, I might have been stuck inside the bottle."

Minah seems swayed by his words, but she still gives him a dark gaze.

"You think you can be my boyfriend?" She scoffs and looks up at the taller one. He smirks in return.

"Yes. I'm pretty sure I'm better than that Kim Seokjin. I don't downright reject a girl in public."

Minah rolls her eyes.

"Thanks but I don't date liars."

Jungkook raises his eyebrows. "I'm a liar?"

"Why are you so thick-faced? You are trying to make yourself better, but you are actually a sly adolescent." She emphasizes the word "adolescent" and smirks when she sees Jungkook gulps. "I'm not as dumb as you may think, sir. You are trying to stick with me until you are sure I fail the mission. You should feel ashamed for your intentions, young man."

Jungkook's face fell as Minah talks. He bites his lip in shame and remains quiet beside her.

They keep walking in silence for a few more seconds.

"Was it that obvious?" Jungkook shyly breaks the silence.

"You sure are really desperate to get out of the damn bottle, don't you?" Minah asks back, glancing Jungkook sideway.

"You have no idea. Two weeks inside that bottle was like experiencing hell. I have enough food to eat, and I can wish for my body to be cleaned up. I can also wish for books. But I can't go to places I want, nor can I meet people I love. Sure there's a phone, but it was so so boring and terrifying being alone." Jungkook tells Minah as she leads the boy to a coffee shop. She pulls the door open and goes to the counter.

"So you are planning to prevent me from granting people wishes so I will replace you as the next trapped person? How long will I have to wait for a new person to come? It might be more than two weeks. You are shameless. You should just let me pass this since I'm a girl, and you are a boy." Minah clicks her tongue several times at Jungkook before she orders two cups of coffee and one bread.

"Shameless? You can't say so since it's not my fault for making you stumble upon the bottle and I can't just let people come and go while I get stuck inside forever." Jungkook argues with fluidity.

"I guess people are like this huh? Always being selfish." Minah smirks at Jungkook as the younger male looks down. "You are probably just like every other person who got trapped inside without fully acknowledging the problem until ten minutes or so before the due time. And then they just repeated the same thing for the newcomers. Didn't you all see the hint in the scroll? It's just a game. And a game always has to have an end. The loop will never end if people don't even pay effort to solve it."

"What do you expect us to do now that you found out the rules in the beginning? It's either I get trapped again, or you replace me and wait for another person to come." Jungkook responses boldly. The confused assistant looks at the two oddly but proceeds to hand Minah her order.

"Stop being too stereotypical. There might be some key for us, though I'm not sure there is." Minah shrugs and hands Jungkook a cup so that her hand is free to reach for her wallet. However, Jungkook is fast enough to pay instead.

"Thanks. I didn't expect you would order coffee for me." Jungkook says cowardly as he lifts his cup up and smiles at Minah. The girl just flips her hair and walks out of the shop.

They are now strolling through the sunny street. It's not very crowded but not deserted either. Minah seems like she is finding someone while taking small bites at her bread as she looks back and forth, ignoring Jungkook's furrowing eyebrows.

"What are you searching for?" Jungkook asks.

"Some kid." Minah answers and takes the last piece of bread in . She muffles between her chewings, "Blow your coffee very carefully, alright?"

"Stop babying me," Jungkook says, his tone carries an absolute embarrassment and offensiveness as the people around them start casting looks towards their direction. When Jungkook starts raising his cup to take a sip from the straw, Minah's palm reaches his lips and covers it briefly. Jungkook slightly jerks his head back at the sudden contact. He darts Minah a confused look.

"You can drink after I drink, okay?" Minah says as she takes the cup from Jungkook and takes off the lid as well as the straw that is attached to it. She throws them in a public trash can nearby and hands Jungkook the now exposed cup.

Jungkook scowls at Minah. "What are you trying to do?"

"Come on! I'm older than you so just shut up and listen to my orders, alright?" Minah snaps and drags Jungkook by his wrist with her as she spots a little elementary girl walking alone ahead of them.

"What is it?" Jungkook asks tiredly while walking after Minah's hurried steps. When she stops, they are already two to three steps after the said young kid.

Jungkook only looks at Minah with anticipation.

It is one second later that Minah pushes his cup forward and a little liquid spills out onto the girl's back. Her cute white school uniform dress has got dirty.

The little girl yelps and glares back to spot the man in fault. And by instinct, she looks at Jungkook, who looks dumbfounded and his cup is still tilting forward.

"Woah! Watch your bumbling steps, Jungkook!" Minah says dramatically and gives the innocent guy a hit on the back, which results in a confused and offended look from Jungkook.

"Oh no... please don't cry, little girl. You are wishing that your uniform is clean now that you are heading for school, right?" Minah pats the little girl soothingly. Jungkook seems to have figured out something as he looks at Minah and points at her accusingly.

"You!"

Minah only grins and winks at him.

"It's only a wish! What-what should I do now?" The girl says, on the brink of tears.

Out of nowhere, Minah feels her pocket weighing down as something is stuffed inside it. She curiously reaches for it and takes it out.

It is revealed to be a hand-sized clear bottle of sand, with a little piece of paper inside. Minah removes the cap and takes out the note. It says: pour out some of this dust for each wish you want to grant. The sand will automatically fill up the bottle when there is no sand left.

"Can't believe I'm getting used to this." Minah murmurs and starts pouring sand out of the bottle.

The sand that reaches the ground immediately turns into beautiful golden bright smoke. When the smoke disappears, the girl's dress is spotless, like nothing ever happened. The little girl keeps walking like she has never talked to Minah about anything.

About the line of status, it reads. 22:56:18, 23, 3

Minah smirks. "It actually works." She continues walking closely behind the girl.

Jungkook, who has been keeping silence until now, lets out a scoff in disbelief. "You are going to do this trick again?"

Minah nodded her head repeatedly.

"Is this supposed to be the initial intention that whoever invented this wants?"

"Are you helping me or not?" She snaps, dodging the question.

"Nope," Jungkook says with gritted teeth. He places his hands on both sides.

Minah observes his serious face for seconds before a wide grin spreads on her face.

"Oh really?"


A/N: oh damn the comeback is near! I just can't guys Jungkook and Jimin got so much screen time than the rest in the teaser video and I'm writing Jungkook and Jimin's fanfic which got me feels T_T I know I'm being insane lmao.