A satisfying dream

Just a Cruel Game

Location: Mapo bridge, Seoul. Saturday, 23:45.

A young woman is standing on the bridge, leaning on the balustrade with her elbow on top. Her hand is supporting her chin as she stares into the night view. There's still massive traffic at this hour, but there are not a lot of visible people around.

The woman heaves a sigh, finally bothers to shift her gaze and scans around. Her eyes stop at a person smoking across the road, right in front of a convenient store. She blinks her eyes a few times at the dark figure and turns around, shrugging slightly.

"Unless it's him, I can do whatever I want to."

She bends her head down at the railing and lets out a howl to the soundless river under her. However, she feels a sick churn in the stomach when she acknowledges the height from the Han river. She averts her gaze and focuses on the railings instead. There is an empty glass bottle that quickly catches her attention when it is barely one meter away from her. It's attached to the top barrier of the bridge without anything underneath to support the gravity.

"What the heck is that? How can it be glued right there?" She creases her eyebrow and tilts her head even more.

Slowly, she shortens the distance with hesitant steps. When it's close enough for her reach, she touches the bottle by its cap-less top. Her fingertip just got to feel the surface in merely a split second, as the ground suddenly dissolves under her feet, along with the scenery that's  no longer visible to her eyes. There's nothing that she can see now. Everything is black even though she's opening her eyes wide.

She is falling. She starts struggling to balance herself, but the attempt fails nonetheless. The seemingly infinite depth makes her head throb along with her heart. She helplessly stirs and screams like crazy while seeing her own hair flowing all over her face. When she can see a drop of fearful tear flying above her, a light behind her back. She was about to look behind when a large glass cylinder swallows her in quickly. She had fallen onto a slightly soft surface, albeit with a loud thud. She realizes right away that it was sand. Thankfully, she is wearing a duffel, so it is not that painful.

She takes a good few seconds to scan the front view and a relieved smile plasters on her face.

She is in what seems like a giant bottle. Looks like those round and short alcohol bottles on real life, albeit much much larger in size.

Her attention quickly shifts to the arising sound above her head. Something is also approaching towards the bottle.

The sound is incredibly annoying and dangerous like the object is going to hit her in the head, so she crawls out of the middle spot.

It soon appears to her eyes to be a roll of paper, attached to a thin thread, which ends up hanging at the shoulder height of the bottle.

Just when she is about to stand up and reach for the scroll, a sudden movement from behind startles her. She quickly turns her head in shock as there is another person inside the huge bottle. She would have screamed, but the guy's outer appearance makes her sigh in calmness.

A youthful and good-looking man.

He looks... rushed.

He scampers towards the scroll in an incredibly short amount of time. With his convenient height, he quickly reaches for the object and pulls it off the string.

He hides the retrieved scroll inside a pocket of his trousers. A dense but somewhat satisfied breath escapes his lips.

He looks breathtakingly handsome. His face shape is manly, but oddly he has a baby face at the same time. His lips are thin and rather small, his eyes are very round and big, and his nose slightly hooked.

"Hello. Although I honestly feel sorry, thank you for coming here. You can get used to the surroundings first, then we can talk." The young man says, bowing at her.

She can't help but smile brightly.

"The surroundings are nothing much, huh? Just you and me, on the sand, inside a huge bottle. There is just pure blackness outside, but some magical unknown source of light is letting me behold your beauty. I have got the surroundings, boy. So let's talk." She says, openly and genuinely taking everything around her as a joke.

The boy throws her a confused, dumbfounded look.

"Are you... high?" He finally asks as he sees her utterly uninterested by the conditions she is in.

"Yeah. You can say so. Can't I get high in my dream?" She says matter-of-factly and chuckles huskily. "I don't remember going home and falling asleep, though."

"No no no. This... is not a dream. Say you are ready and you will get my points."

"Why should I? If I say so... you will get real or something, handsome boy?"

"No!" The boy exclaims and face-palms himself. "Okay... let's see it this way. Say the exact phrase you are ready, and you will get out of here. You will get back to the Mapo bridge."

She chuckles.

"This is such an interesting dream, you know? I don't want to wake up yet, and I got to the bridge because I feel lonely. But now I have you! So keep quiet and come here, boy!"

The boy spares her an unbelievable gaze. He bites his lips out of frustration.

"You sound sane, but you talk so insanely. I guess you are crazy."

She clicks her tongue at the boy.

"Come here! You are in my dream, which means I created you, so can you just shut up and listen to me?"

The boy flinches and rolls his eyes and runs his fingers through his hair. It seems he wants to rip his hair off. But in the end, he obliges.

"What do you want?"

"Handsome boy, you are here to listen to my distress, right? Come sit." She nudges the boy to come nearer.

After he sat near her and they were leaning on the bottle, he speaks up.

"You shouldn't say anything personal for your own good, young lady. And just sleep. It's 12 AM now. You have the right to sleep."

"Wow. It's 12 AM already? Do you know what today is?" She excitedly asks, her face lights up with a huge grin stretched from ear to ear.

"...No."

"My birthday! Right! I wished I had a boyfriend to date on my birthday. So I guess I made you up, cause I have no boyfriend!" She laughs hard and hits the boy with light pats on his shoulder. She is laughing her heart out, which makes the boy wince a little.

"Wake up, young lady. I am not your imaginary boyfriend."

"Can't you just oblige to my words?" She says instead seriously after her waves of laughter died down. A hand ruffles her eyes to wipe the tears formed in her eyes throughout the waves of laughter.

When she looks up, he can see something very solemn in her eyes. He opens his mouth, but no words came out. He seems to have decided to keep quiet and listen on.

Surprisingly for him, she shifts closer to him until there is absolutely no space between their bodies. She naturally leans her head on his shoulder. He looks down at her head in disbelief, his big eyes get even rounder and his mouth slightly open.

He was about to back off, but then the girl has to link her arm with his. He can't move now, basically.

"I guess I'm too lonely. I start to create fake people. You are so real, though."

"I am real." He corrects immediately, but his voice is soft and calm.

"As much as I hope you are real, boy, you are not." She insists. "Do you have a name? My name is Bang Minah." Her voice is just ad soft and gentle.

"Yes, I do. My name is Jeon Jungkook." He says matter-of-factly and amusedly.

"Wow. Great name. Much better than Kim Seokjin. And much more handsome, I might add."

"Who's Seokjin?" Jungkook asks as an instinct of hearing a foreign name.

"Seokjin... He's a bastard. I thought we were dating, everyone did. But when I asked him, just to confirm, he had to shrug it off and laugh at my face in public." Minah's grip on his arm tightens as she reminisces the past.

"Wow. That must have hurt." Jungkook looks down at Minah, but he can only see the top of her head.

"And humiliating, and embarrassing. And disappointing."

"I'm sorry to hear that," Jungkook says at last.

"Then I ran away, leaving him there dumbfounded. He had no idea how much he hurt me." Minah continues, tears quickly forming in her eyes and roll down to Jungkook's jacket. It is a denim jacket, so it takes him a few seconds later to acknowledge she is crying.

"Hey... you crying?" He asks, his voice laced with concern.

"Yeah. Pat me, Jungkook." She commands with a little fake cuteness presented, though it's clear she is making a joke out of her act to lighten the mood.

He pats her head gently like to a puppy. She squirms a little at the comfort.

"My sister is only twenty-one. And she just got married. I feel so envious. She has nice personalities. While I don't." Her voice still carries a little sadness, but at least it sounds stronger and more stable.

"Wow. Your sister is only one year older than me. And isn't that too soon?"

"Your job is to comfort me, little Jungkook."

Jungkook scoffs light-heartedly.

"Alright. Let's see." He creases his eyebrows as he thinks of what to say. "Well. The only problem is your insecurities. You must be probably good at something else, that your sister isn't. Sooner or later, you will certainly meet your significant other. You are still young."

Minah starts smiling.

"Wow. You are really good at solacing, aren't you?"

Jungkook doesn't answer, but he beams. Silence embraces the two strangers as Minah slowly passes out. Jungkook starts hearing her steady breathing as she is already asleep, he gently covers her head with his big palm. He leans on her to make her lie down.

All of a sudden, a pillow appears under Minah's head as he conveniently puts her down the soft thing beneath. Jungkook adjusts her lying position to a comforting one, and then he walks to the opposite side.

Another pillow appears out of nowhere. Jungkook casually lies down on that pillow, lying on his side to watch Minah sleeping.

"Thank you and sorry." He murmurs.

Then, after a short amount of time, he slowly drifts himself to sleep as well.


A/N: chapters will be around this length, I guess. Thank you for subscribing and reading! Try to make guesses and predictions from now on~~