Chapter 8

My First(s)...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This chapter is a bit long compared to previous one..

 

---------------------------------------

 

“Okay, guys after this we’re in…..okay huddle up.” The group form a circle. Hyukjae fidgeted on his place feeling nervous even though he’s not participating and it’s only a freakin’ dance performance. Suddenly he heard some voices calling him and saw that the group were looking at him then Taemin is gesturing for him to go closer. In arms length, Minho dragged his arms and he grins at him.

“Who we are?” Donghae asked.

“SIT-L!!!!!!” they roared in answered. Hyukjae, silently laughing.

“1, 2, 3..LET’S KILL THEM!” They chanted together.

Someone called and they performed. Hyukjae watched in the corner in awe, he also badly wants to perform but he knows he can’t. Then his eyes landed on Donghae and as if on cue, the latter returned his gaze. Hyukjae flinched at first because of the intimidating aura the other is giving through his dance. Then suddenly his body is tingling in a zap energy, it turns in an exhilarating excitement. It’s like Donghae is challenging him. Daring him to move. Like saying: ‘You want to dance? Go here and show me your moves’. I want it! I want to join! I want to dance! I can dance! I can! But before he can took his first step he heard in the back of his mind the voice that is hunting him until now, “You can’t. You can’t dance. You’re not allowed to do it.”

He retracted his feet that is ready to take a step forward, instead, he allowed himself to took a step back. When he returned his gaze to Donghae, the other is giving him a frown then it changes back to smile a second and concentrate in dancing. Hyukjae tried to erase his own thoughts earlier by cupping his hand in his mouth and shouting a cheer for the group. Which the members return by some winks, smile and thumbs up. After the performance, he busied himself giving the members towels and drinks. Giving praises at the same time.

He feel his blood drained and he turned even paler when he saw Donghae walking towards him.

“Ah, Captain! What a good performance! Want some water?” He tried to give him a genuine smile but, he think it failed when the brunette scoffed at him.

“What was that earlier?” I’m doomed! Did he know? Did he sense it?

“Huh? What are you talking about?” Hyukjae tried to composed himself but on the inside he’s a mess. He don’t know what to do if Donghae started asking question. He started to feel dizzy when the latter was still staring at him intensely and creepily.

Then Donghae sighed and he ruffled his already messy and full of sweat hair. He clapped his hands indicating the other members to huddle.

“Wash up stinky bastards. We’re going outside to eat.” Donghae waved some money and smirked. “Shindong-hyung gave us some, so……..what do you say?” Another roar but this time louder than the first.

 

------------------------------------------

 

Hyukjae’s POV:

I watched as some of them ran and begin racing each other for the washroom. Donghae still remaining by my side. I gave him a questioning look.

“Donghae, you don’t need to wash?” He looked at me and started that weird stare again. “Aw, you’re not going together with us with that smell right? You stink!” I pinch my nose for the effects but honestly he still smell nice even though he’s full of sweat. Yah! Hyukjae! What kind of is that? You’re in trouble here! Get your head in gear! I begin laughing like a maniac; some are giving us weird looks but whatever. I stopped when he called my name.

“Hyukjae” then I waited for him to continue. He pat me in the shoulder to look at him which I did. He has this unreadable look, “Go to the clubroom first. We’re going to meet there.”

 

After that, we took a bus to go to the nearest mall. There was a small chaos which almost ended up us being thrown outside by the guard. They’re fighting over where to eat? Like, what are they? Five?

“Hyukjae-hyung! You decide! Where?” Mark asking hopefully to me to take his side but unfortunately my stomach is craving something else.

“Ah….are you sure guys?” I asked scratching my cheek and they nodded. “Well if you insist. Don’t regret it guys.”

 

 

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! My stomach hurts!” Sehun laughed. I’m still surprised every time he spoke or laughed because he rarely do it same with Kai and Luhan.

“You know Hyung, I taught something horrible when you said don’t regret it but seriously, here?” Kai secondly accused.

“SHUT UP!” I cover my ears that became red from embarrassment. “I’m a McDonalds kid! Alright?! Got a problem with that, huh?” I jokingly said while raising the sleeve of my shirt. And they continue to laughed their off. Since we step foot here until now there still laughing. Hmp! They treat me like a kid! I keep glancing for Donghae, Minho or Taemin who volunteered to take our order. I waved my hands when I saw them. My eyes sparkle when they started placing our food, especially when they placed my strawberry sundae. Someone nudge me when I’m going to take my food.

“What?” I irritably answered. Who’s interrupting my precious time? Then I saw red. “Huh?” I moved my head away because the said object is shove near my face. When I inspect it my eyes widened. Happy meal! I squealed and snatched it to open not aware of many eyes towards me.

“Oh! Oh! You got Fin?” I faced Donghae, “Is it for me?” I added rather fast and asking with my voice hopeful. I watched as he move his head up and down and snickered.

“YAY! Thank you! You know Fin is the only character who is missing in my collection. Everytime I asked for it they said it’s already out of stock!” I babble while inspecting the toy in my hands. I looked around when I heard murmurs and snickers.

“What?”

“Well, you’re like a kid Hyung!” Daniel and Ong said at the same time.

I turned scarlet when I realized that they saw this side of me. Well it. They may as well know me. They’re my friends now.

“ you guys! I love adventure time!” I cursed and stuck my tongue out to them. I saw their jaw fell after that and they stared at me weirdly. What? Did I say something wrong?

“HYUKJAE-HYUNG CURSED!” Luhan who recovered first said pointing at me.

“Hahaha..yeah, I cursed. Actually regularly, but I don’t curse in front of the people I met for the first time or when we’re not even that close. You know…….but we’re friends now right?” I heard them cheer and gave me a smile when I heard someone sobbing. Minho on my left is sobbing.

“Are you okay?” He turned at me and I feel relieved that he’s only faking it.

“My Hyukjae is cursing now! Aigoo…Donghae! It’s your fault! You and your dirty mouth!” Minho said accusingly pointing at Donghae while hugging me sideways. Donghae pulled me towards him resulting for Minho to stumble ALMOST, if not for Taemin who grabbed his hands.

Donghae laughed. “Well, Hyukjae you said you don’t curse in front of the people you don’t know?” I nodded. “Then what? I am an alien to you? Or you’re that comfortable with me?” He grins mocking me.

That keep me wondering what’s he’s talking about? “What do you mean?”

“Remember the first time we met? You gave me you’re middle finger! . That’s hilarious even just remembering it. Then when you know…….cursed me a lot outside the mall! That’s epic!” Donghae leave out the fight scene. We started eating while Donghae tell the “EPIC STORY OF OUR FIRST MEETING” according to him..to the members who eagerly asked and throw question for the both of us.

 

~~~

After we ate, we go to the arcade place. We disappeared and played which game we like the most. Me and Donghae played the Zombie shooter. I’m seriously concentrating because we’re losing when I heard a gasp on my left which is Minho AGAIN playing Tekken with Taemin. They’re always together. I wonder if they’re in a relationship?

“YOU!”

I look around me first before saying, “Me?!!!” In my shock I answered him pointing at myself. I saw at our screen flashing ‘You Lose’ and feeling Donghae watching us.

“Yes! You! Remember when someone gave you a snickers here?” He said smiling widely as well as my eyes when I remember that particular memory.

“What? That’s you? Seriously?”

“Yeah! Like I didn’t recognize you, because of your looks now is different from that time! I just realized it now when I saw your face busy concentrating on your game like that time! Hahaha!” Then me and Minho laughed and gave each other a high five.

“What’s happening?” Donghae asked stepping between us.

“Remember our first meeting? That’s when I saw apparently Minho. Just listen, that time I’m playing then my stomach growl and he gave me snickers while saying ‘you’re not you when you’re hungry. Hahaha..” I imitate his voice that time and laugh while punching Donghae. My habit when I’m overly happy.

“Yup! Remember Donghae, when we stayed here then you go somewhere? I lost some game and they gave me a dare. To give snickers while saying that catch phrase. I lost into my game forgetting my dare then like an angel Hyukjae is, his stomach save me. I gave him a food and I finished my dare.” Minho stated smugly.

“So you mean to say that, that day we encounter each other without knowing it?” Donghae said smile dancing on his lips. He looks amused.

“Wait, wait, wait, wait……….for what Minho-hyung said and from Donghae-hyung story, how come Captain recognized Hyukjae-hyung in their second meeting despite the glasses?” Daniel said putting his index finger and thumb on his chin. I looked around and giggled when I saw that the remaining members that we thought disperse are near and silently listening to us. They really want to know some secret about their Captain, huh? BUT WAIT! THAT’S NOT THE ISSUE HERE! I looked at Donghae and saw that he is looking at me then avert his gaze.

 

“Kyaaaaaaaaaaa!” Ong imitated some girly shriek. “Don’t tell me Donghae-hyung you…………towards Hyukjae-hyung……………” Ong wriggled his eyebrows suggestively.

I saw Donghae flushed at that and finally looked at me.

“Of course not!” He smacked Ong in the head. “Who will not recognize someone like him? He’s a monkey. An endangered species.” I looked at him taken aback.

“YAH!”

“Hyung, monkey is not an endangered species.”

“. I know idiot! Don’t talk, smartass.” And they started bickering from what they are talking.

“Hahaha..Seriously, Hyung, it’s like destiny….” Kai said.

“Yup. Like a destiny, right?” Taemin jumped in.

 

Like a destiny huh?

 

---------------------------------------------

 

I tossed my bag aside and flopped down in my bed and stare at the ceiling remembering the events earlier. I looked sideways and my eyes accidentally land on the thing that hang on my bag’s zipper. Fin. I fumble inside my pockets for the phone.

To: Donghae

Hey! I forgot to ask..What’s the meaning of SIT-L right? Your groups’ name.

I sighed when I saw his number flash through my phone. Urgh! This guy really hates texting that long?

“Hello?”

“Yeah, our name means ‘Sky Is The Limit’. Lame right? It’s because of Minho when we’re first year. The second years gave them the form to renew our club then as a silly and prankster kid he is, he wrote that phrase. Well, our seniors beat him up but not really because they took a liking to it more than the original name which is ‘SM The Performance’. So……that’s the legendary story of our group’s name……….Hyukjae? Are you there?”

 

I gasped for air for laughing hard..

 

“Ah..ha..yeah..Hahahaha. That’s totally epic! I wish I’m there when that happened!”

 

“……………”

 

“Ah, Donghae?”

 

“Ah, yeah. Same, wish you were…..there.”

I think I stopped breathing for a second the moment I hear him said that to me. Don’t! Donghae don’t say that words to me! I’m going to fall for you even deeper. !

“Hahaha! Man, why so serious! Hahaha.. Anyway, I’m actually here to say my gratitude. Thanks for earlier! I mean for giving Fin to me! J ”

“Nah. It’s nothing. I just thought that you will like it.”

 

God Donghae! How dense are you! Stop this nonsense! I laughed to hide my true feelings.

“Hahaha! Thank you again! Good night Donghae!”

“Night”

 

I hang up and let my tears to flow. I slept that night without changing in my pajamas.

 

---------------------------------

The next day, Hyukjae got to school with his puffy eyes but it’s not that obvious because of the magic of make-up! But with Sungmin’s watchful eyes that make-up is nothing.

“Hey, are you okay?” Sungmin asked him.

Hyukjae looked at him tiredly. “Yep. I’m okay Min. just tired.” Hyukjae gave him a smile and fall his head on his desk. He doze off the rest of the class and woke up at the time when his teacher is annou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter