Chapter 4

My First(s)...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After that, Donghae didn't tease Hyukjae. Well not that much, it happens every other day now. And Hyukjae is happy that even himself can get a day off.

Hyukjae was having a nice nap before the class start when suddenly the door burst open with a loud BANG! He jerked up on his seat.

 

"HYUKKIE!" Then someone plunged onto him. He returned the hug when he realized who it is. The other students go back to what they’re doing before the uproar.

"Su! When did you comeback? You didn't inform me!" Hyukjae pout making Junsu laughed hard.

"Aw, sorry baby. I just want to surprise you." Nope. What you're thinking is wrong. Junsu is Hyukjae's childhood friend in short bestfriend. Junsu's family took a vacation overseas before the school start. Unfortunately, a storm made their flight cancelled. "We're not classmates! Hmp. And here I am looking forward to waste our lives!" Junsu rolled his eyes.

Hyukjae listened to his ranting, 'Hahaha..It's been a while since we saw each other. I really missed him.' Hyukjae smiled and hug again the guy.

"Woah, woah. Easy! Hahaha..I know you missed me" Junsu said while ruffling his hair.

"Shut up! You owe me one. Treat me at that sweets store on the mall"

"Eh? You saw that already? As expected of the strawberry monster! I want to surprise you with that but well...you spoiled it---

 

Ding. Dong.

 

--already. Class time! I will text you later! See ya.” Junsu exit the room running making Hyukjae chuckled at his antics, ‘He didn’t changed, really’ a smile ghost his lips. His happiness didn’t go unnoticed by a certain brunette.

“Ah, class, unfortunately next week is your exams week” The students protest. “Quiet! So as for this subject, I will advance your exam this coming Friday. But, it’s not a written exam it’s a practical exam. You know I’m a good teacher right?” the teacher asked and one of the student answer a “no”. “So, you can sing, dance, play instrument or what. Your grades will be based on your performances! Of course, there’s a twist! What’s life when there’s no challenge, right? This test is by pair” the teacher said wriggling his eyebrows. He started pairing the students, “Lee Donghae and Lee Hyukjae.”

“What?” Donghae seemed not pleased by that pairing asked glaring at his teacher. “Can I switched? Or maybe can I do it myself?”

“No switching. And if you want to do it yourself, your grades on this will be cut in half. Example we say you get 100 on this, you will only receive 50. The same goes for your partner” the teacher grin evilly. “Because it’s unfair you know. Now, take it or leave it?”

Donghae stared at the teacher long enough before he take his seat. “Tch. Annoying” he brought his hand under his chin and glanced outside the window.

Hyukjae on the other hand looked at the boy on his left. ‘What to do about this exam? I’m soooooooo dead’ he messed his hair feeling frustrated at the moment thinking of what will happen to them.

After school, Hyukjae found himself somehow alone with Donghae in the room. ‘I need to asked. I need to work or else-----'

“Ahm, um Dong---------"

“Hyukjae!!!! There you are!” Cutting him off, Junsu suddenly appeared. He walked towards the blonde and draped an arm around his shoulder. “You ready to hang out with me?” He gave the blonde a huge smile.

“Ah, that’s the problem Su. We need to practice for our music exam and he's my partner, Donghae” Hyukjae gloomily explained. Junsu’s eye twitched hearing the other’s name.

“Oh, is that so? It’s okay. Hyukjae you can go down first” He pushed the blonde. Hyukjae not knowing what’s happening, followed what his best friend says; leaving the two alone in the room.

Donghae who is listening the whole time stared at the person at his side. He raised his eyebrows in questioning, “What do you want?”

“Donghae, from what I heard, you’re bullying Hyukjae right? I’m going to say it only one time.” Junsu grabbed Donghae at the collar, he glared hard at the other. “Leave. Hyukjae. Alone.” He said every syllable slowly for him to understand. “I don’t know what’s your reason because I know you’re not that kind of person. You're part of the dance club right? I’m not threatening you but if you push me, I’m not going to leave your club alone. I’m going to crushed it. You understand?” Junsu growled under his breath. Donghae shivered and nod. Junsu exited the room with the shocked Donghae.

‘Junsu Xia right? Member of the band club and currently the secretary of Student Council. What the hell is his problem? I’m just teasing Hyukaje. Well, not anymore' he shivered once again remembering what happened earlier. His thought are interrupted by a sudden knock. He glanced and saw Hyukjae peeking at the door. He then walked towards him. He looked concerned. “What?”

“Ahm, did Su said anything bad to you?”

“Nothing and it’s none of your business.” ‘What is that Su? A nickname? Ha!’ He glanced and saw the other pouting. ‘. What is that?’

Hyukaje murmured, “Aw, you’re not cute at all” but unfortunately Dongahe heard it.

“What did you say?” He emits a dark aura. The blonde shriek at that and panicked.

“Hiya! No-no-nothing! S-so how about we practiced already?” He dodge the deadly conversation.

“Okay”

“So, where’s your house?”

“Ha? Why my house?” Irritably, Donghae stand up and exit the room with Hyukjae beside him.

“It’s just it is”

That made Donghae to halt walking. “What, do you have a secret inside your room? ?”

Hyukjae turned red instantly. “I-it’s not like that. ert!” He blindly accused the one to hide his obvious embarrassment.

‘Oho’ “Now, you piqued my interest. We’re definitely going to your house”

“No! Please…..just two days, your house” Hyukjae begged in front of him.

“Okay” He agreed immediately and started walking again.

 

 

“Ooh, so this is your room” Hyukjae scanned the room and his eyes landed on some mangas on the shelves. “What? So you’re really an otaku?”

“Nah. Just reading for boredom.” He leave the subject for he knows that Donghae didn’t like nosy ones but giggled when he realized that Donghae has a complete volume of Fairytail and One Piece. He sat on the floor.

“Just so you know, I don’t have food to offer” Donghae sat on the floor also while tuning his guitar.

“Don’t worry I bought some earlier remember?” Hyukjae happily waved the plastic bag in front of him.

“Whatever. So, what are we gonna do? Can you sing?” Donghae asked not even glancing at his partner.

“Yeah, kinda”

“Dance?”

“…..”

Donghae finally managed to look up because his question is left unanswered. “Oi”

“Ah, dance? No. I don’t dance” Hyukaje answered averting his gaze.

“Okay. So we’re left with the guitar and then sing, I guess?”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

They practiced. They perfected their performance in just two days like Hyukjae said. Donghae felt like he's been tricked! He wants to see Hyukjae’s room somehow. And then Friday comes…….

“So, we’re going to do draw lots to know who’s going first. Okay write your name and your partner to a piece of paper then bring it to me” the teacher finished explaining.

Performance after performance, claps after claps, Hyukjae’s nervousness didn’t fade away but obviously grow. He wants to run and hide. ‘Argh! I don’t want to do it! No! What if I messed up? What if I can’t remember the lyrics after? What if--------'

“Hyukjae” He looked at his left then, “OUCH! What’s that for?” He massaged the area where Donghae flicked him.

“You’re too nervous. Don’t think too much. Just enjoy it” Donghae side-glance and gave the blonde a smirk. Not an evil smirk but a conceited one.

“Our last pair, Lee Donghae and Lee Hyukjae. Please come to the front.”

They arrange their props on the front. A two mic stand and a chair for Donghae ‘coz he’s playing the guitar. Hyukjae looked at Donghae and mouthed, “Let’s do it”.

 

♪♪ SONG PLAYING: DANCE DANCE BY DAY6 ♪♪

Donghe & Hyukjae Version:

12, 123
na oneul nollae dallyeobollae
nami mworadeon singyeong kkeugo my

neon jigeum mwohae
Come on baby,

sumjima

jigeum i norae
ollyeojullae
amu saenggak andeul ttaekkaji aw ye

geunde neon mwohae
Come on baby
ni momi baneunghaneun daero Go

 

Bridge:

(dadeul) jakjeonghago nol junbihae
somaeneun geodeonoeun chae
junbihae gabyeopge saljjak momeun pureodwo baby
(dadeul) jakjeonghago nol junbihae
gal ttaeneun oneul jeoldaero huhoe eopge

 

Hyukaje looked at Donghae and gave a smile. He’s enjoying it.

 

Chorus:

Dance Dance with me
Everybody 123
sonbari gamanhi an itge
mamkkeot micheobwa

Dance Dance with me
eojireoul ttaekkaji
sanbari dwaedo nobody cares
idaero meomchuji marajwo

 

The students start to sing along. Some tapping their desk for the beat. Well, it’s pretty obvious because the song is catchy. Hyukaje remembered that he’s the one that suggest it.

“So, you want to do this song?”

“Yup. You don’t want to sing a love song right? Come on, it’s not bad”

“Yeah I guess. But how do you know this song?” Donghae asked because obviously this is the first time he heard such a song.

“Hahaha..It’s a secret”

Ay kkeonae neoui naejeok daenseu
oneuri majimagin deusi jeulgyeo carpe diem
ttwimbakjil makjin aneul teni
oneul jeulgin dwien
Think eolmana joeulji
ibul soge deureogal ttaen baby

jip ganeun gil gibuni huryeonhagil
jigeum i gibuneul itji ankil
baraneun mame nawa jeulgyeojwosseumyeon hae
So you can have a good mornin’

 

(Repeat bridge & chorus:)

 

I feel good baby I feel great
manggajimyeon jom eottae
I feel good baby I feel great
micheo boimyeon mwo eottae

 

I feel good baby I feel great
manggajimyeon jom eottae
I feel good baby I feel great
micheo boimyeon mwo eottae

 

Dance with me
Everybody 123
sonbari gamanhi an itge
mamkkeot micheobwa
Dance Dance with me
eojireoul ttaekkaji
sanbari dwaedo nobody cares
idaero meomchuji marajwo

 

I feel good baby I feel great
manggajimyeon jom eottae
I feel good baby I feel great
micheo boimyeon mwo eottae

 

I feel good baby I feel great
manggajimyeon jom eottae
I feel good baby I feel great
idaero meomchuji marajwo
idaero meomchuji marajwo
idaero meomchuji marajwo

 

The song finally ended with their classmates giving them standing ovation not that they’re not standing already jamming to the song. Donghae looked at his classmates and he saw he’s friends giving him a thumbs up. He answered with his middle finger but immediately retreat it feeling their

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter