Epilogue

Stand by me

After a few years had passed, the couple remained strong as they continued to rely on one another. It was already Nam Woohyun’s 30th anniversary and Hayoung had been working hard to prepare for his birthday party at the park with the help of Woohyun’s close friends. It would had been completed in a few hours’ time, if only that one particular human being didn’t cause her to work more than she had to.

“Nam Jaehyun! Stop eating on those cupcakes!” Hayoung reprimanded the child but he only cheekily grinned with the remains of the cupcake around his mouth before he ran off to Sungyeol to hide behind the tall man.

“You can never get away by hiding behind Uncle Sungyeol, Jaehyun-ah.” Jaehyun had his little arms wrapped around Sungyeol’s long legs while the young man just chuckled upon watching the kid who was trying to get away from his mother as Hayoung got closer.

“Just let him be, he’s still a kid.” Sungyeol commented.

“And why should I listen to your advice? I remembered you’re the one behind that prank which was not funny at all.” Hayoung critically remarked, causing Sungyeol’s smile to falter a little.

“Oh, come on! That was years ago! You forgave me right?” Ever since Sungyeol took responsibility for being the mastermind of the prank, Hayoung purposely made such comments to make him guiltier for his act as a punishment for him. Of course, the relationship between the two wasn’t strained due to that incident since Hayoung chose to forgive him.

“Forgiving you doesn’t mean I’ll forget about it, Lee Sungyeol.” She smirked triumphantly before she decided it was no use to get Jaehyun to behave as she went to place the dishes on the long wooden table which was covered with a typical red and white checked tablecloth. She had planned to organise this party as a picnic for everyone as well. Just then, she heard her ringtone playing. She stopped her task for a while before fishing the phone out from her pocket and answered the call after seeing the name of the caller on the screen.

“Yes Sunggyu, what is it?”

“I tried to get Woohyun out of the office without bringing suspicion about the upcoming party, but he seemed to be so focused on his work and I don’t dare to disturb him once again.” Sunggyu explained as he watched Woohyun who was so preoccupied with his paperwork from behind the glass wall. Hayoung heaved a deep sigh before she spoke.

“I see… It’s okay, you can come here while I try to persuade him.” Hayoung then hung up before she dialled her husband’s number, which he answered upon the third ring.

“Hi Sweetheart. Miss me already?” Woohyun said playfully over the phone. However, she could sense the fatigue in his voice.

“Definitely! It would be great if you would come early to the address I've texted you though…” She attempted to sound as disappointed as possible, which succeed to have Woohyun to heave a heavy sigh.

“You know I can’t. I still have work to do.” Hayoung didn’t take no as an answer as she quickly argued.

“Then I’ll go to your office and drag you out myself!” She immediately ended the call after threatening him, not allowing her husband to make another excuse. A few seconds later, she received numerous texts from Woohyun who was trying to dissuade her from coming to his workplace.

Sweetheart, you should not come here when you’re already in your sixth month of pregnancy.

-Darling

Don’t ignore me, please??? :((

-Darling

All right… I’m leaving the office. In the meantime, don’t overexert yourself. See you :))

-Darling

Hayoung curved into a smile as she read the messages. She then send a text to Woohyun to be careful on his way there. While she was still smiling to herself, Jaehyun came running towards her.

“Why are you smiling, Mom?” Her son curiously asked.

“Because I’m happy.” Her short answer only led Jaehyun to wonder more as Hayoung caress the top of his head fondly. It was true that she was happy currently. Despite her father remained to serve his sentence in jail, Hayoung had a supportive brother and a loving husband by her side. Ever since Jaehyun was born, Hayoung was even more contented with her life. Now that another child was on the way to be in this world, she couldn’t be less than happy to welcome the child in her arms.

“Hayoung, what is this?” Her head turned towards the source of the voice before she saw Woohyun standing still a few metres in front of her, with Sunggyu walking casually behind him.

“What do you mean by ‘what is this?’ It’s your birthday party, of course! Hayoung had planned this all for you.” Myungsoo commented as he put the last plate on the table before the rest of INFINITE gathered around the table while Sunggyu pushed Woohyun with a little force when the married man continued to remain in his position. Woohyun soon walked slowly towards Hayoung before giving her a hug.

“Thank you Sweetheart, but you know you don’t have to do this.” Woohyun was getting emotional again as he sniffled his nose. It was obvious for Hayoung when Woohyun was trying his best not to shed a tear on his birthday so eventually, she patted his back gently for a few times before she pulled away from the embrace.

“I want to, because it’s your birthday after all.” Hayoung looked at his eyes affectionately while his arms were still around her waist. It would have been a lovely scene if it wasn’t for the loud coughs Hoya made deliberately.

“Since everyone’s here, let’s start the celebration.” Hoya handed Woohyun a knife before everyone else began to sing the birthday song. After making his wish, Woohyun finally blew the candles while the rest clapped their hands as they congratulated the birthday man. Jaehyun who was standing beside his father pulled the hem of Woohyun’s shirt a little after Woohyun had sliced the cake and distributed it to the rest, garnering some attention from the grown man as Woohyun soon carried the boy in his arms.

“What did you wish for, Dad?” Jaehyun’s small fingers interlocked with one another around his father’s neck while Woohyun rocked the three-year-old kid continuously. The others were oblivious to the interaction between the father and the child as they busied themselves in savouring the good food.

“I want all of us to be happy forever.” It was the only thing Woohyun wished for. Jaehyun could only watched his father in amazement as he noticed how sincere Woohyun was with his wish. Moments later, Hayoung came towards those two before she smeared some cream on the tip of Woohyun’s nose which caught him off-guard.

“Happy birthday Darling! Why didn’t you join the rest?” Hayoung questioned while one of his arms s towards the small of her back while the other arm was still carrying Jaehyun.

“It’ll be better if we’re the only ones celebrating my birthday.” Woohyun instantly leaned in for a kiss, causing her to be stunned for a moment. When she had finally registered what had occurred, she immediately smacked his chest.

“Jaehyun’s watching!” The said boy just had his eyes wide when he witnessed the interaction between his parents. Despite hearing Hayoung’s whine, Woohyun went to put down the child to the ground before he kneeled to face Jaehyun.

“If you ever find a girl that you like, tell me so that I can teach the tricks on how to make her yours alright? Now go play with your uncles.” Jaehyun nodded before he soon joined the others, leaving the couple alone.

“Seriously Woohyun? How could you teach him that at such a young age?” Hayoung had both of her palms resting on his chest as he barely wrapped his arms around her body.

“He’s going to learn from the best, that’s one thing for sure. Now that it’s only us here, shall we continue to where we left off?” Hayoung could only let her cheeks be crimson with embarrassment before Woohyun placed a chaste kiss on her lips. It was only after Woohyun had come to her life when she realised something.

“Stand by me. Forever.” Hayoung said when they pulled away from the quite passionate exchange. She knew, when Woohyun was by her side, he could protect her and love her just the way she was.

“Of course I will, because you make me happy.” His words were a soft murmur, cajoling with warmth as a small smile danced across his lips. He proceeded to nuzzle their noses together as their foreheads touched, unable to stop the grin from breaking across his face. It would really have been a perfect scene, if only Sungjong didn’t interrupt them by remarking sassily.

“Yah! Can’t you guys just keep those PDA to the bare minimum? We know you guys are a happily married couple so you don’t have to shove it at our faces!”

 

FIN

 A/N: And that's the end of the story! Thank you guys for the continuous support even though this was the first story I had written in AsianFanfics. I won't be publishing a new story anytime soon as I'll be very busy with school. Nonetheless, I still hope to publish another one in the next few years.

Once again, thank you!