Chapter 14

Stand by me

“How’s your presentation going?” Yoojung inquired when she arrived at her desk. She could see that Dahae was furiously typing the keyboard, the sound of the keys was so loud to the point people might have thought she was using a typewriter instead. Dahae then flexed her fingers before she finally turned her swivel chair to Yoojung.

“I’m just adding more details. By the way, how can you present so confidently? I need some tips from you.”

“Easy. When you first enter the room, ensure that you don’t slouch when you walk. Show some confidence as you’re walking. Just make sure that you didn’t stutter during the presentation by practising your lines frequently. Lastly, eye contact. Look at them as you’re talking but if you can’t look at them in the eye, just focus on their nose bridge or near their eyes. However, don’t just stare at one person too long – you might scare the person away with your gaze.” Yoojung explained clearly as Dahae quickly wrote on her post-it. Dahae then continued to work on the tasks for that day in a hardworking manner, resulting her to lose track in time. She only realised it was already way past working hours when Yoojung gave a nudge on her.

“Don't you want to knock off now?” Yoojung asked. Dahae then noticed that more than half of her colleagues had already done so.

“Later. You can go first since I still need to touch up on my slides.”

“Alright. See you tomorrow!” Yoojung bade farewell before she went off.

After a few more hours, Dahae saved her work on her desktop and also on her thumb drive before heading to the open carpark to go home. She was satisfied with herself as she finally finished her work. She was only left with a few more days before the presentation. As she was about to leave the carpark with her sedan, a delivery motorbike was speeding from afar and the bike would have been hit if it wasn’t for her quick reflexes to brake her car. The biker was also stunned as he stopped in front of her car while Dahae got off from her automobile to give a lecture on that reckless biker.

“What’s wrong with you?! Don’t you see we’re almost going to be involved in an accident because of you?!” Dahae admitted, she felt so good shouting at him after all the tension she had been facing at work. This was totally stress-relieving for her. The biker then removed his helmet which revealed his identity and Dahae was less than pleased to see him.

“Oh it’s you! I was just wondering who could be that reckless biker when it’s you all along!” The man scoffed in annoyance on hearing her spiteful remark.

“I’m in a rush to deliver the order to my customers, mind you. You’re just wasting my time, Miss Red Stilettos.” Although this was their second encounter with each other, they still haven’t exchanged their names.

“I have a name, you jerk!”

“Well, I don’t need it from a rude lady like you.” He wore his helmet before he sped away. She exasperatingly huffed before she got on her car and drove back to her home, where she could absolutely relax herself from that rough day.

 

 

As soon as Hoya arrived at McDonalds’, he instantly placed his helmet on one of the tables harshly before he plopped himself on a seat as he massaged his temples. Some of the customers who were situated near him were also startled by his sudden outburst. Dongwoo who caught on his distressed expression went to sit in front of him shortly after.

“Why? Is there something wrong?” Concerned with his friend, Dongwoo asked.

“I’m just frustrated with this one particular woman I stumbled on the streets. She just loves to get on my nerves seriously!”

“Tell me about it. Maybe that can help you to relieve the stress in you.” Upon Dongwoo’s prompt, Hoya immediately narrated about how the lady didn’t seem to appreciate his help when she was in trouble. He also told about their latest encounter which happened earlier that evening. He felt it was just downright outrageous.

“And she always has her red stilettos whenever we meet. Since I don’t even know who she is, I called her Miss Red Stilettos but she said I’m a jerk for calling her that. What nonsense is this?” Hoya's gesture had also gone wild as he explained in full detail. Dongwoo chuckled before he said his piece.

“You guys act like a bunch of kids. Come on, it’s not that hard to be nice to people.”

“But she was the one asking for it!” Hoya quickly interjected.

“Hoya… I think the problem between you two is that you guys had so much ego. Why not you just keep being nice her? Maybe she wasn’t that bad after all.” It somehow irked Hoya that Dongwoo was not siding him and Dongwoo kept being optimistic about his problem. Hoya knew that his friend was wise so that was why he shared his problem, but this wasn’t the answer Hoya was expecting.

Maybe Dongwoo could be right about this, but Hoya wasn’t interested in bumping her again the next time round for he suspected that she was nothing except trouble.

 

­

 A/N: Just a little break from the WooYoung couple :)) What do you guys think about Hoya & Dahae???