Chapter 18

Stand by me

The fifth anniversary party had finally came. Most of the workers in The Daily Buzz were actually satisfied with the choice of venue as well as the concept for that night. Inside the multi-purpose hall in one of the prestigious hotels in Seoul, the room was filled with numerous dining tables and also a buffet for the employees to savour. Under the grand chandelier was a spacious floor for those who wished to dance the night away with the lush music playing in the background. Nam Woohyun was simply leaning on one of the pillars as he witnessed his colleagues enjoying with each other’s company. If only he could bring his wife along, he wouldn’t be lonely currently. He just came to check how the event was going before he planned to make his leave a few hours after the event had started. Some of his colleagues and friends did actually strike a conversation with him but it wasn’t long before they went to enjoy themselves.

When Woohyun was satisfied with how the event was running, he soon headed to the door when a young lady suddenly tripped herself in front of him. If it wasn’t for his quick reflexes, she would have been lying on the floor by now. He then realised that the lady was none other than his employee, Jang Dahae.

“Are you okay?” He inquired as he held on her arms, enabling her to stabilise herself.

“Yeah, thank you Mr. Nam. I’ve been clumsy these few days, haven’t I?” She then straightened her dress as she stood properly.

“I can see that. You should be more careful so that you won’t fall again. I’ll be going now, you should enjoy the party while the night is still young.” He spoke.

“How about you, Mr. Nam? Don’t you want to enjoy the party as well?” Dahae asked in curiosity.

“I rather spend my time with my lovely wife who’s at home now. See you at work tomorrow.” Woohyun had left the area while Dahae remained to stand still at her position. From afar, she could spot Sungyeol giving a thumbs-up to her as he crouched beside Myungsoo who had successfully taken the pictures. And she had to admit, she could feel a wave of regret crashing over her upon realising that Mr. Nam loved his wife dearly.

 

 

“Oh, Woohyun? I thought you have a party to attend to.” Hayoung turned her head behind when she heard the door clicked upon. Woohyun then plopped his body on the couch before he reclined his head on her lap.

“I don’t feel like being there for so long. What are you watching?” He casually asked as Hayoung his hair affectionately.

“Just some drama I don’t watch before. I couldn’t sleep, that’s why.”

“Let’s sleep together then!” Woohyun eagerly suggested. Hayoung just chuckled upon seeing this side of him.

“Okay, but you need to wash up first. You can’t possibly be sleeping in that suit right?” Woohyun immediately got up and went to the bathroom for a quick shower while Hayoung switched off the television before she headed to their bed. Woohyun soon came out from the toilet with a sleeveless black top and a pair of grey shorts as he wiped his hair dry with his towel. The sight of it was simply breathtaking for Hayoung. He then hugged her firmly after joining her on the bed.

“Do you like the idea of having children?” Hayoung questioned as she brushed his bangs away from his forehead.

“I love it. Just the thought of having the mini versions of us in the house make me smile, do you know that? But there’s one thing I don’t like though.” Her heart raced in anxiety when she heard him said that.

“What is it?” She even couldn’t help it with the small stutter when she asked that.

“Your love for me will decrease since you’ll spend your time more on them.” Heaving a great sigh of relief, she soon grinned light-heartedly upon witnessing him pouting.

“Of course not! My love for you will continue to increase since it’s our children after all.” She then rubbed his back soothingly while Woohyun continued to embrace her closer.

“Why do you suddenly ask me that question? Do you perhaps… want us to make children now?” He smirked rather slyly which garnered a gentle hit on his chest.

“Why? Don’t you want it as well?” He playfully whined whereas Hayoung’s cheeks turned rosy.

“Just go to sleep. I bet you’re tired from the party.” She quickly changed the subject before she closed her eyes, pretending to sleep. The action had successfully caused Woohyun to be quiet but he surprised her a few seconds later.

“I love you.” He whispered before he placed a chaste kiss on her forehead. Although he rarely expressed those three words, that was what made it special. When she didn’t feel his lips anymore, she risked a peek and saw that Woohyun had his eyes shut. Just seeing him in a peaceful state could cause her to smile. Now that she knew his thoughts regarding children, she had come to a decision - she would break the news to him on the next day.

“I love you too.” She said and pecked him lightly on his lips before she went to sleep. Unbeknownst to Hayoung, Woohyun had heard it very clearly and he couldn’t be happier when he received the kiss from her.

 

A/N:  Get ready guys :))