Chapter 12

Stand by me

“We’re going for a honeymoon.” Woohyun smiled at his idea.

“Woohyun, are you really okay?” She got up and went to feel his forehead, but his fever had reduced tremendously. Nonetheless, she was still on a preventive approach as she wanted her husband to recuperate fully.

“I’m okay. You said yourself that you’ll do whatever it takes for me to recover quickly, so I’m planning to go for a honeymoon. For us.” She was about to regret her choice of words back when they were lying on the bed earlier but she soon changed her mind when she heard that he was willing to use his rest days for a honeymoon. Which wife wouldn’t be fluttered upon hearing her husband initiating it?

“What are you waiting for? We’re going to miss our flights if you continue to stand here.” Woohyun spoke as Hayoung was awaken from her trance. She then didn’t waste any more time as she got herself dressed and also packed a few necessities before the couple headed to the airport.

 

 

In just a few hours, they had reached their destination - Jeju Island. It was actually in her bucket list to go travelling, so that place was really a good start. She felt extremely excited about this honeymoon even though she was still sceptical about why Woohyun would suddenly brought up this idea. Nevertheless, being in that island had led her anticipating for the future events Woohyun had up in stores for the both of them.

When the couple had entered their room, Hayoung couldn't help it as she gaped at the amazing interior. With only a queen-sized bed on the centre of the room and a high table complementing with a pair of stools which fit for two at the corner of the space, the room evoked a sense of simplicity beyond the cream-coloured walls. And she liked it.

"Loving it?" Hayoung answered in excitement with a continuous nod. Woohyun chuckled at her child-like personality as she went to the balcony which was separated with the room by the sliding glass doors. She then spread her arms wide as she basked in the evening breeze, watching the waves coming to the shores at the same time. Woohyun soon followed suit to join her as he wrapped his arms around her petite body.

"Why do you suddenly want a honeymoon?" Hayoung asked as she rested her hands on his which was securing her waist.

"I'll tell you why as we walk around the beach. Let's go." Woohyun let go from the embrace as he got changed into a t-shirt and a pair of short pants while Hayoung with a sundress before they made their way to the seaside.

No one uttered a word as they walked side by side at the sandy area. The sun was setting at the moment as the blue sky transitioned to orange before it became violet. There wasn’t much of a crowd as compared to when the couple first arrived here in the evening. Both of them just interlaced their fingers with one another as the listened to the sound of the waves crashing the shore.

“Do you like it here?” Woohyun asked while he swung their interlocked hands as they continued strolling.

“Yes, but why did you want to have our honeymoon here?” All of a sudden, Woohyun stood in front of Hayoung. His towering figure caused her to look up for a bit. Her heart rate increased rapidly as he came nearer to her, to the point their foreheads touched.

“Just because…” He embraced her a little closer as he whispered just a few centimetres away from her lips.

“Just because?” She questioned, as she refrained herself from kissing him right away.

“I love you.” She didn’t have sufficient time to register that in her mind as Woohyun instantly crashed his lips on hers. It simply tasted heaven, she thought. The flame within his body also began to ignite as he kissed her fervently. After the passionate exchange, he broke the kiss before he focused his sight on hers as his palms were resting on his cheeks. To him, she purely looked beautiful in his eyes.

“What? Can you said that again?” Hayoung was still in disbelief at what had occurred to her. As much as she enjoyed this, she wanted to make sure that was not a dream.

“I love you.” He pecked her lips. “I love you.” He kissed again. “I love you.” Once again, he crashed his lips on hers. “Happy?”

Hayoung just nodded as some tears managed to escape from her eyes. She felt euphoric as she got to hear those three simple, yet impactful words from him. Upon spotting those tears, he slowly wiped away with his thumb as he remained gazing lovingly at her.

“When? When did you start loving me?” Curious, she asked.

“I’m not sure, but ever since my mom’s visit, I’ve always found myself thinking more about you. Before I even realise why I am feeling this way, I’ve been yearning for you every day.” Woohyun confessed. Now that their feelings were mutual, she didn’t mind if Woohyun going to approach her in an affectionate manner. She didn’t have to feel guilty about it.

When the sky was getting darker, Woohyun brought her to the restaurant for dinner. The atmosphere between them was just wonderful. Woohyun didn’t have to restrain himself from demonstrating intimacy as he held her hand once in a while. After the hearty meal, they went back to their room and he instructed Hayoung to have a shower. She was puzzled as to why Woohyun would order her to do so but she just let the thought wander at the back of her mind while she indulged herself in the cool shower.

When she came out from the bathroom about half an hour later, she was astonished to see the room was decorated. Scented candles were placed at all over the room and even rose petals were scattered beautifully on the floor. Woohyun was spotted sitting at one of the stools as he rested his arm on the table which also had a bottle of wine together with a pair of wineglasses. Although their outfits didn’t fit the picture that was bestowed before her eyes, it was romantic.

“Woohyun, is this all part of your plan?” Hayoung covered in amazement as she allowed herself being ushered to the sit by her husband. Woohyun just replied with a nod as he beamed sweetly at her. He then poured the drink on both of their respective glasses before they clanked their glasses together and drank the liquid, relishing in each other’s company.

When it was almost midnight, the couple headed to bed. Woohyun, as usual, cuddled her from behind and Hayoung didn’t mind this time round. Her heart didn’t fail to palpitate wildly when Woohyun began sniffing her nape, a habit she noticed for quite some time whenever he embraced her. Somehow, she believed that the alcohol started to intoxicate his body as he started nibbling her collarbones. She then turned over to face him who was still smiled sweetly at her, his arms still enclosing her body very closely to him.

“Can I make love to you?” He asked for permission. Despite having his needs, he nonetheless respected her as a woman and didn’t rush things. She knew, she had fallen for the right guy. She nodded before she crashed her lips on his, sealing their new profound relationship between them.

 

 A/N: *SQUEAL* WOOYOUNG SHIP SAILING THROUGH!!!! AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR NAMU!!!!