Friendship Charms

I Never Understood

 

I watched them from inside the van. Doojoon walked his cousin, Minji I think her name was, into the building. Kikwang just stood outside the van with that stupid bright smile of his. No, I’m actually not that terrible to actually think it’s stupid. I’m just overtired and even the simplest things like a simple smile are getting on my nerves, not to mention the arrival of that thing, aka Doojoon cousin Minji, didn’t help the situation. Finally after they had made it all the way into the building Kikwang got back into the van. I let my head roll back so I was now facing the ceiling of the van.

“Why did you have to be like that to Minji?” Kikwang asked and I just closed my eyes. Just the I felt something hit my face “Yah! Junhyung I’m talking to you”
I looked down and saw Kikwangs hat lying on my lap. I picked it up examining it for a minute before throwing it back at him. “Aish, what do you want”
“Why did you have to be so rude to Minji?”
“What makes you think I was being rude?” I said stressing the I, but with Kikwang being so oblivious he didn’t catch on that I was implying I wasn’t the only one acting like this, but also Minji was too.
“Well in the car you threw a blanket at her” he paused as if waiting for me to defend myself before he let out a sigh and continued what he was saying. “You didn’t come to pick her up. You didn’t even say goodbye when she left”
“It’s not like she said goodbye either”
“Yeah... but when you guys met up us at the studio before we were leaving she said you...you took advantage of her?” the last little bit sounded more like a question rather than a fact.
“Believe what you want Kikwang. You’ve known me for how long, and you’ve only met that girl today”
“Yeah... but Minji is...”
Not wanting to hear him point out what he thought Minji was I cut him off “Man, can we just leave him?”
“Huh? Doojoon? Of course not!” Kikwang said.
“He can walk, it’s not that far”
“Why don’t you walk then?”
“I forgot my key” I said reaching into my pockets to double check. “but if you want to lend me yours I’ll gladly-“
“I don’t think so Junhyung. I forgot mine too” he smiled. Kikwang has never been good when it has come to lying. The left side of his mouth twitches whenever he does, but I didn’t have the energy to pursue the matter any further. I let out a sigh before turning my head towards the apartment building. Not even a minute later Doojoon finally came out and made his way to the van.
“Sorry it took a while. Minji has never been good with unlocking doors” Doojoon said once he got into the van.
“Is she just bad with unlocking, or is she bad at locking too?” our driver asked
“Just unlocking” Doojoon smiled.
“Thats so cute” Kikwang laughed.
“This is all so wonderful and what not” I said sarcastically “but can we go now?”
Just as the driver started the car Doojoon turned back and shot me a glare “Don’t think we aren’t going to discuss what happened earlier”
Great... I was just not going to get a break today.
Minjis’ Point of View

I opened my eyes and starred at the ceiling. It was different. My ceiling had glow in the dark stars all over it. I sat up before reaching over to turn on my bed side lamp. When the light filled the room it hit me. “Right... We moved” I said to myself before rolling out of bed. I stretched my arms before proceeding to explore the new apartment. The first place I looked was the room across from mine, my fathers. Nothing looked any different than it did last night. I walked out into the living room and flicked on the lights. I looked towards the clear glass sliding door that led out to the balcony. The sun was either starting to rise or beginning to set. I looked over to the digit clock in the kitchen it read 6:57pm so it was setting. My stomach all of a sudden let out a growl so I decided it was best I grabbed some food. I walked toward the fridge and opened it up. Auntie Yoon must have been over before I came because the fridge was full of my favourite dishes. I pulled out the plate with Kimbap on it. I took the plastic wrap off and headed outside and placed the plate on small white table that was there before I sat down on the matching white chair and started nibbling on the Kimbap.
“It’s about time you woke up!” I heard someone shout. The voice sounded familiar but I couldn’t remember who. Just then my phone rang. I reached inside my pocket and pulled it out.
“Hello?” I answered.
“You’re finally up are you?” Doojoons said.
“Yeah, have you been trying to get a hold of me for a while?” I asked
“Nope”
“Oh...then...wait...how do you know I am ‘finally’ up?”
“Look straight ahead”
“Okay... I said confused. I looked across from me. There was another building, it almost looked identical to mine. Just then I saw four silhouettes moving, they seemed to be flailing their arms. I squinted my eyes a little to see if I can see any better, didn’t work but it only took me a couple seconds to catch on. “You’re kidding me”
“You finally realized?” Doojoon laughed.
“RISE AND SHINE MINJI!” I heard the voice from earlier yell.
“Aish Yoseob she’s on the phone , there is no need to yell!” Doojoon said. “Sorry about him”
“Don’t even worry about” I laughed. “Tell everyone I said hello”
“Hello” a variety of voices sang. I’m guessing Doojoon just held the phone up for them all to say.
“Who is all there?” I asked.
“Hyunseung, Yoseob, Dongwoon and me”
“Ahh, no Kikwang?”
“No, he had a schedule”
“I see”
“I think tomorrow we should go buy you a new phone. You’ve had the same one since middle school! We can get you one with video calling and everything!”
“YES! WE CAN GET MATCHING FRIENDSHIP CHARMS TO PUT ON! IT WILL BE SO-“
“YANG YOSEOB WILL YOU STOP!”
“Geez hyung, no need to yell. I’m right here” Yoseob laughed.
“Doojoon I don’t need a new phone. I only use this for two months a year it would be a waste of money”

“But after this year you’ll be coming back for good so you should get a new one”
“Then we can get me one next summer”
“Fineeee, but can we at least go look at them tomorrow, maybe you’ll change your mind”
“Okay, sounds fair” I agreed.
“Well we have to go record some more, you are more than welcome to come along”
“YEAH YOU SHOUL-“
“YANG YOSE-“
“OKAY! Sorry” Yoseob said more serious this time.
“I would, but I just woke up. You guys have fun though. I’ll see you tomorrow”
“Okay, just come over whenever tomorrow. We are apartment 4C.”
“Got it. Bye-bye”
“Bye” They all sang into the phone before hanging up. I watched them all head into their apartment before I sat down and finished my food.

It was now 8:30pm and I had gotten myself ready and went for a walk in downtown Seoul. Everyone was out and about. The mall was full of people. When I was back in California I hated going to the malls or anywhere that was full of people. I hated crowds, but when I am in Seoul it just feels so right and I love it. I roamed around the shops making note of all the new stores that have been opened since the last time I was here. It was now about 10:15pm and I decided it was a good time to head home. When I finally reached my apartment I pulled my keys out of my pocket. “Please God, bless me now with the ability to unlock doors.” I prayed quick before attempting to open my door. I guess I was never meant to unlock doors... after spending a good five minutes trying to open it I pulled out my phone and dialled Doojoon. There was no answer. I’ll just have to go over there myself. When I got there I saw a panel that listed all the apartment numbers. Guess I have to buzz in. It didn’t take me long to see the button for apartment 4C. I pressed it and waiting for an answer.
A few seconds later a voice replied “Who is this?”
Why did it have to be him? I let out a sigh. “Your favourite person. Now is Doojoon there?”
“Aish, do you have any idea what time it is?”
“Awh, did I interrupt the Dragons beauty sleep?” I teased.
“I told you not to-“
“Is my cousin there or not?”
“What makes you think I would tell you?”
“What would make me think you wouldn’t?”
“I’d like to see the DNA proof of your relation to Doojoon. I mean he is annoying at times, but you are on a whole different level”
“What can I say. I’m the new and improved Yoon generation”
“You’re really unbelievable. I can’t believe I’m going to have to put up with you for two months.”
“Back at you”
“Whatever. Goodnight” he said
“Yah! Stupid Dragon” I shouted as I repeatedly pressed the button.
“Why are you so irritating?!” He shouted.
“Funny, I was about to ask you the same question!’
“What do you want?!”
“Oh my goodness you thick skulled dragon for the billionth time is my cousin here or not?!”
“Minji?” I heard my name being called. I turned around to see Doojoon and the rest of B2ST minus Junhyung of course standing with him. “What are you doing here?”
I smiled a little before holding up my keys.
“Seriously?” he laughed “Come on, let’s go” he said starting to walk to my apartment, motioning me to follow him.
“Good night you guys” I said quickly to the rest of the guys before running after my cousin.

We got up to my apartment. Doojoon and I stood outside my door in silence as he looked at me and shook his head before he stuck the keys in the door and easily unlocked it.
“Thank you” I said entering my apartment.
“You really need to learn how to unlock a door.” Doojoon laughed leaning against the door frame.
“Aish Doojoon, don’t stand like that. It’s creepy”
“It’s because standing like this makes me look good right” he said adjusting his face so it looked more like he was posing for a photoshoot.
“Shut up” I laughed walking over and pushing him slightly so it would stumble out of that position. “You tell someone they look good once and you never hear the end of it”
“Least I know you have good taste”
“I was eleven. You’re mom made you dress nicer once when I came to visit when usually you’d dress in baggy play clothes all the time.”
“I’m still going to use it against you till you die”
“I didn’t expect anything less” I smiled.
“Well I’m going to go. Talk to you later” he said.
“Okay, see you tomorrow” I said giving him a hug before going to shut the door.
“Oh... before I go, should I be worried about you and Junhyung?”
“Not at all. Just because we don’t get along that well doesn’t mean we don’t know how to behave.”
“Yeah...right” he said softly. “Well sweet dreams”
“Goodnight” I said shutting the door and locking it.

I let out a yawn as I walked towards my room. I quickly looked in my dads’ bedroom to see if he had come home while I was out but the room was still left unchanged. I went into my room and changed into my pajamas before crawling into bed. I turned over at set my alarm clock to 8:30am then I turned off the lights and rolled onto my side and slowly drifted off to sleep.



 

Sorry that this took FOREVER.
School was a massive blaah the past few weeks.
I've had so many assignments due. 
AND a midterm which by the way I had to go to school to write with a stomach flu.
BUT good news!
WINTER BREAK!!!!
Muahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
I'm excited!
Time to catch up on sleep, actually have time to go to the gym, and UPDATE!
But yeah, Im going to go pass out now.
GOODNIGHT!
OH! Btw, I don't actually have a lot of things planned so I might be fast-forwarding some chapters.
Thanks to all my subscribers and commenters for being patient with me
It means A LOT.
anyways.
Byebye! <3